PS4 installation after install 1.51 update gets corrupted.

+
You know, i wouldn't have mind at all if they decided to roll out the 1.5 update for ps4 at a later date so they could take time testing and make sure everything was stable.

It would have been better to atleast allow the PS4 players to keep playing version 1.31 in the meantime. Instead of not being to play at *all*. But thats just not what CDPR is.
They can also remove the version 1.5 on ps4, and it will only bother those who have the game in dematerialized version but they must not be numerous
Post automatically merged:

none yet i have tweeted both cdprojektred and cyberpunk aswell as sent a message to marcin on here and as far no reply
i shall let you know if anything changes though
They are working on it apparently, but not sure if it is their priority honestly.

They can also remove the version 1.5 on ps4, and it will only bother those who have the game in dematerialized version but they must not be numerous

They are working on it apparently, but not sure if it is their priority honestly.
well with the witcher now on netflix i doubt cyberpunk is gonna get much of a look in at the moment as they'll be milking the witcher for every penny they can,
but i really hope it gets sorted soon i really love this game and cant wait to get back into it

i did have a 67 gb update when i tried to re install it today but when i put the game disc in it got replaced by a 58.157 gb update e.o
hope i didnt miss my chance to get it working

none yet i have tweeted both cdprojektred and cyberpunk aswell as sent a message to marcin on here and as far no reply
i shall let you know if anything changes though
They're responding to everything but the questions about this problem. They simply don't care.

well with the witcher now on netflix i doubt cyberpunk is gonna get much of a look in at the moment as they'll be milking the witcher for every penny they can,
but i really hope it gets sorted soon i really love this game and cant wait to get back into it

i did have a 67 gb update when i tried to re install it today but when i put the game disc in it got replaced by a 58.157 gb update e.o
hope i didnt miss my chance to get it working
Unfortunately there is nothing we can do but wait and complain.

It seems strange to me that every patch worked except this one if it was a region issue on ps4. I get it's like a whole new game where other patches were possibly replacing portions of it. But even still. This should not be an issue and should be a quick fix unless they upped their security and want to keep it that way.

They're responding to everything but the questions about this problem. They simply don't care.
Apparently they are working on a solution. But that doesn't stop them from promoting the 1.5 release and not making an official announcement of the problem. And nobody talks about it on YouTube, it's only mentioned in the comments of the ps4 gameplay videos.

It seems strange to me that every patch worked except this one if it was a region issue on ps4.
The region issue has to do with the upgrade from the PS4 version to the PS5 version I believe. I think you're confusing two different things.

This is about the PS4 disc versions data getting corrupted due to the patch. Usually you would test a patch before releasing it. And if you make a mistake you would own up to it and at least communicate about it.

It seems strange to me that every patch worked except this one if it was a region issue on ps4. I get it's like a whole new game where other patches were possibly replacing portions of it. But even still. This should not be an issue and should be a quick fix unless they upped their security and want to keep it that way.
It's not a regional issue. In any case logically not since the region of the game and the region of the account coincide for a large number of players but it does not work for that.

It's not a regional issue. In any case logically not since the region of the game and the region of the account coincide for a large number of players but it does not work for that.
I know. I have the ps4 version but what is happening is it's blocking the game from loading due to the disc. The data is not actually corrupted. It's blocking it from loading because there is something missing as far as code is concerned when it goes to check copyrights. Like i said i don't even have a cusa code on my disc. Whoever distributes these games whether it's walmart could be selling illegal copies etc. WHo knows what goes on. But even still it's the same thing it should be a quick fix since all the other patches worked. This one does not because they clearly changed something as far as when it goes to check the disc. I am an actual developer I don't know how they have their code set up but that is what is going on i would imagine. I don't know exactly but I was just making that point they clearly changed something that if it was a quick fix it should be fixed by now. All the other patches worked. This one does not. And it's clearly blocking it from loading when it goes to check the disc. I agree the overall communication is not good but they may not even know what the problem is yet or how to fix it. We don't know. Already said this stuff elsewhere but all we can do is wait.

My disc looks the same as everyone elses. They probably distribute them in batches. I don't know how it exactly works. The version i have may just be walmarts and they have their own codes they put on the games. Who knows. My only point was every patch worked and this one does not so they clearly changed something. And it should be a quick fix if the other patches worked. That was my only point. Unless they upped their security or something. It could be as simple as they forgot to put that in there for the disc version this time and just a total oversight. We don't know. When it goes to check the disc something is happening there is all we know.

With all t he datamining going on and them being hacked and everything it wouldn't be surprising if they tried to up the security of the disc version and it broke the roll out That's just me thinking out loud. I keep up on this stuff so I'm just going by what I know. It could be as simple as a stupid oversight. Who knows.

Last edited:
I know. I have the ps4 version but what is happening is it's blocking the game from loading due to the disc. The data is not actually corrupted. It's blocking it from loading because there is something missing as far as code is concerned when it goes to check copyrights. Like i said i don't even have a cusa code on my disc. Whoever distributes these games whether it's walmart could be selling illegal copies etc. WHo knows what goes on. But even still it's the same thing it should be a quick fix since all the other patches worked. This one does not because they clearly changed something as far as when it goes to check the disc. I am an actual developer I don't know how they have their code set up but that is what is going on i would imagine. I don't know exactly but I was just making that point they clearly changed something that if it was a quick fix it should be fixed by now. All the other patches worked. This one does not. And it's clearly blocking it from loading when it goes to check the disc. I agree the overall communication is not good but they may not even know what the problem is yet or how to fix it. We don't know. Already said this stuff elsewhere but all we can do is wait.

My disc looks the same as everyone elses. They probably distribute them in batches. I don't know how it exactly works. The version i have may just be walmarts and they have their own codes they put on the games. Who knows. My only point was every patch worked and this one does not so they clearly changed something. And it should be a quick fix if the other patches worked. That was my only point. Unless they upped their security or something. It could be as simple as they forgot to put that in there for the disc version this time and just a total oversight. We don't know. When it goes to check the disc something is happening there is all we know.

With all t he datamining going on and them being hacked and everything it wouldn't be surprising if they tried to up the security of the disc version and it broke the roll out That's just me thinking out loud. I keep up on this stuff so I'm just going by what I know. It could be as simple as a stupid oversight. Who knows.
According to me it's indeed an error of data which are well on the dematerialized version but not on the boxed version or which is necessary only for the boxed version and it's obvious that they don't have the real cause of this problem and it's partly for that reason I think that they didn't communicate officially on this subject but I hope that they'll quickly find the problem or that they'll take away the version 1.5 ps4 or will give download codes so that we'll not be penalized too much, I hope so. And in my opinion it's the directors and editors who asked to release the next gen patch quickly and they were only given the time to test the dematerialized version of the game.

According to me it's indeed an error of data which are well on the dematerialized version but not on the boxed version or which is necessary only for the boxed version and it's obvious that they don't have the real cause of this problem and it's partly for that reason I think that they didn't communicate officially on this subject but I hope that they'll quickly find the problem or that they'll take away the version 1.5 ps4 or will give download codes so that we'll not be penalized too much, I hope so. And in my opinion it's the directors and editors who asked to release the next gen patch quickly and they were only given the time to test the dematerialized version of the game.
You're overthinking this. Normally you would test a patch before releasing it.

Finally an article on Polygon, but even there the title is "Cyberpunk 2077 devs probing crash issues on PS4, PC" which is inaccurate. The game won't boot, at all, on PS4 disc. That's not a crash. The crash issue is with PC. Still amazing that 2 days later, from IGN to Jim Sterling, there's been no serious coverage of the fact that millions of PS4 disc owners can't even boot their purchased copy of Cyberpunk. Journalists who make it here to this thread should be doing stories on this: how from media coverage to reddit posts, the narrative is "great update" and this thing about millions of PS4 discs not working has been disproportionately discussed, and it's all strangely familiar from how the narrative played out around the game's pre-release/release relative to PS4.

If you're here and you have this problem: create a profile somewhere, post a comment somewhere, speak up on your social media platforms, let people know what's going on with this situation, with the lack of apology and lack of proportionate media attention to this update making millions of PS4 discs fail to operate at the same time as the current gen version is released.

Finally an article on Polygon, but even there the title is "Cyberpunk 2077 devs probing crash issues on PS4, PC" which is inaccurate. The game won't boot, at all, on PS4 disc. That's not a crash. The crash issue is with PC. Still amazing that 2 days later, from IGN to Jim Sterling, there's been no serious coverage of the fact that millions of PS4 disc owners can't even boot their purchased copy of Cyberpunk. Journalists who make it here to this thread should be doing stories on this: how from media coverage to reddit posts, the narrative is "great update" and this thing about millions of PS4 discs not working has been disproportionately discussed, and it's all strangely familiar from how the narrative played out around the game's pre-release/release relative to PS4.

If you're here and you have this problem: create a profile somewhere, post a comment somewhere, speak up on your social media platforms, let people know what's going on with this situation, with the lack of apology and lack of proportionate media attention to this update making millions of PS4 discs fail to operate at the same time as the current gen version is released.
It's frankly unbelievable that there isn't more media talking about this. Makes you think doesn't it?

There is lots of false information out there is the thing and people getting their pitch forks ready. Seriously cdpr may not know what they are doing either. But best to remain patient. Remain grounded until further notice. lol. Do not take to the skies. I get the frustration and people trying to help. But seriously. I'm just trying to put 2+2 together here myself. I get it's been a year and half and that's a big oversight especially when most users still have ps4. It clearly wasn't tested appropriately. But a lot of the stuff out there isn't even true. People on different wavelengths etc, doing the same crap and reporting crap. Click bait etc. The communication is good. But by that same token best to wait. It's ADD in a nutshell. People don't know and they are trying to make money themselves some of them by being first etc and reporting crap.

There is lots of false information out there is the thing and people getting their pitch forks ready. Seriously cdpr may not know what they are doing either. But best to remain patient. Remain grounded until further notice. lol. Do not take to the skies. I get the frustration and people trying to help. But seriously. I'm just trying to put 2+2 together here myself. I get it's been a year and half and that's a big oversight especially when most users still have ps4. It clearly wasn't tested appropriately. But a lot of the stuff out there isn't even true.
We've been patient for a year. I've been giving them the benefit of the doubt until now. No more, time to call them out.

Already done
But as a Frenchman I will not be listened to. The press will only write about it if the Americans or the British write about it

Top Bottom