PS4 keeps trying to install

+
I got free upgrade to ps5 verison which works great compared to how last gen verisons plays, but PS4 of game keep trying to install ever time i boot up ps5.

I have play disc in each and ever time system is booted up it tries to install ps4 version all though it "pauses" the copy cause not data disc and i delete attempt, so long the disc remains in the system it will try to install it again and pause it cause play disc.

this the only "ps5" upgrade from ps4 disc that acts like this. is this cdprojekt issue? can they not put flag in ps5 verison that will flag the system to NOT try reinstall ps4 verison? or this sony issue, that only seem to be with this game

Honestly I don't think it's CDPR or at least it's a bug :(
While it’s possible to have both versions of the game on your PlayStation 5, we suggest deleting the PlayStation 4 version to save disk space
Maybe good idea to send a ticket to the support to figure out why (Contact Us button) ;)

Edit : I found something :)
Original:
So I'm playing AC Valhalla on the PS5 but I bought the PS4 version for the free upgrade.
PS5 version is running fine, but in order to play it, the PS4 disc needs to be inserted. This is fine, had this with Black Flag. Not an issue.
The issue is that every time I boot my console, it automatically begins to install the PS4 version to the console in addition to the already installed PS5 version.
So it's not only Cyberpunk apparently and maybe something to do with the "PS5 system" :(

I will send ticket and see what they say, it is rather annoying and the above just disable all update and installs less manual check which i doont want, I just that ps5 to just stop trying to install ps4 verison when ps5 version is installed

I got free upgrade to ps5 verison which works great compared to how last gen verisons plays, but PS4 of game keep trying to install ever time i boot up ps5.

I have play disc in each and ever time system is booted up it tries to install ps4 version all though it "pauses" the copy cause not data disc and i delete attempt, so long the disc remains in the system it will try to install it again and pause it cause play disc.

this the only "ps5" upgrade from ps4 disc that acts like this. is this cdprojekt issue? can they not put flag in ps5 verison that will flag the system to NOT try reinstall ps4 verison? or this sony issue, that only seem to be with this game
Yeah it's a sony problem not a cdpr problem. I wish there was a way to hide the ps4 icon from the front page. I can understand why it does it, ps5 auto installs games but having both versions of cyberpunk in the recently played games list is annoying. I love my PS5 but not gonna lie the GUI was designed by an intern

Top Bottom