PS4 option to lower resolution for a 30fps cap?

+
PS4 option to lower resolution for a 30fps cap?

Could we get an option to lower the resolution on the PS4 so that we can get a solid 30 frames per second cap?

As of now, I'm having a hard time enjoying this game fully because of how bad it runs. Before patch 1.04 it was unplayable, but now its just jarring and disappointing at times.

Couldn't we at least get a choice?

This game just runs so inconsistently and bad on ps4, it makes me very sad. So grats to CDPR on their 4 mil in sales, but I honestly regret my purchase at times, because of this jarring console experience on the PS4. Its just is so off putting at 20 fps in so many parts, its unacceptable, its rubbish, sorry.

I would love a locked 30 frames per second, and I would gladly sacrifice resolution and lower it to achieve it. 1080p is nice, but not at the expense of the experience. What's so great about a really nice looking car that won't drive? Imagine a BMW that doesn't start. Wouldn't we all gladly take a vehicle that takes us from point A to point B?

When will developers give console gamers an option to choose at least, change the resolution to increase performance, or raise it to make great PS4 screenshots.

Lower it to 900p but achieve a locked 30 frames per second. Heck, even lower it to 720p for 60 frames per second.

Could we have a choice please?

I just want to play.

Last edited:
Funny thing - Xbox cutscenes runs at 1080p with stable 30fps (only gameplay at 900p). PS4 cutscenes 1080p too, but 20-30fps.
So there is no problem in PS4. There is a problem with optimization.

Last edited:
I thought the framerate problems would be resolved quickly.

But nothing, four patches, remains unresolved.
Communication from the studio on the subject blurry.

Big disappointment.

I thought the framerate problems would be resolved quickly.

But nothing, four patches, remains unresolved.
Communication from the studio on the subject blurry.

Big disappointment.

and the next patch wont fix it either we get it next week.....

Guest 3349340

even lower it to 720p for 60 frames per second

I am with you on that. This game is great, all the little details, choices and so on. Would have loved to play this on 720p with better fps. But sadly, and I am guessing here, it would have been hard for them to sell this game with 720p. I just hope this is`nt the future for consoles (regarding 20-30 fps) now that would be a let down!

Guest 3834709

I'd love the option! But maybe CD Projekt would see it as undermining their efforts?

I didn't buy a PS4 to play at 900p, for God's sake...

The framerate issues aren't related to PS4, guys. The performance issues come from optimization.

I just hope this is`nt the future for consoles (regarding 20-30 fps) now that would be a let down!

This will be the future for PS4 because they only want 1080p. It's the Sony key for win the "consolle war" . Millions of "casuals" are only buying PS4 for that.
That's my opinion.
I will sell PS4 at the end of the year I think ( i'm not interesting on Uncharted and other announced exclusives ). And one of the motivations is that I HATE this Sony politic.
I just bought the PS4 for Bloodborne. Loved the game...but it run like sh** !!! Stutter every second and sometimes drop to 15 frames on multiplayer .
That's the next gen ? Fu**.

Last edited:
I honestly wouldn't mind 900p... Just bought and played AC Unity and it looks god damn good at 900p!

If you want 900p then buy an xbox. A 7850 OC (pS4) is more than capable of 1080p

Buy PS4 if you want a cinematic experience.

@TL24 yes, Unity on 900p looks really amazing !

Forced 1080p it's ridiculous.
I feel ridiculous even to speak of resolution !
Sony has brainwashed most of the "players" !

Last edited:
If you want 900p then buy an xbox. A 7850 OC (pS4) is more than capable of 1080p

Geez, talk about butt hurt. Look, I'm on board for 1080p @ 30fps but if these devs can't make it happen I'd rather see a 900p @ a locked 30fps all day!

Have you even played AC Unity @ 900p? The game looks amazing! Yeah it has fps issues but we're talking about Ubisoft here, still, it's a really good looking game at 900p and you'd be hard pressed to tell someone otherwise if they didn't already know it was running at 900p!

I'm sorry potf but Xbox version is very well optimized, 30fps all the time minus the swamps when storming (27/28fps)... no dips in Novigrad (by day, by night, raining, storming), no dips in the tower, no dips in the novigrad bath, no dips when fire.. I've bought both versions and i can say it runs like shit on ps4 whereas on xbox expérience is near perfect...
Pop-in is also much worse on ps4... and textures loading also... these problems aren't present on Xbox version
So stop misinformation, there are plenty of videos who proves it...
Xbox version of TW3 is perfectly optimised... but it's 900p...

Last edited:
I'm sorry potf but Xbox version is very well optimized, 30fps all the time minus the swamps when storming (27/28fps)... no dips in Novigrad (by day, by night, raining, storming), no dips in the tower, no dips in the novigrad bath, no dips when fire.. I've bought both versions and i can say it runs like shit on ps4 whereas on xbox expérience is near perfect...
Pop-in is also much worse on ps4... and textures loading also... these problems aren't present on Xbox version
Xbox version of TW3 is perfectly optimised... but it's 900p...
I agree with you. PS4 version is a joke right now, and if they need to make it 900p to iron out performance issues, I really hope they will.

Buy PS4 if you want a cinematic experience.

@TL24 yes, Unity on 900p looks really amazing !

Forced 1080p it's ridiculous.
I feel ridiculous even to speak of resolution !
Sony has brainwashed most of the "players" !

Agreed, resolution means nothing and 900p vs 1080p real time shows no difference at all. Give me 900p @ 30fps all day over 1080p @ 20-30fps!

There are also videos (gamersyde) which prove they removed fog from swamps of XboxOne version.
Casually someone noticed how on 1.00 patch on Ps4 alpha effects (fog, fire, rain ecc) were more present, don't know if true, but it's almost obvious that the framerate performance hit is due to these effects, and the only thing we can hope it's not they lower resolution, but they DO NOT remove effects, which are the things that give ambient his personality...

I am wondering if maybe they remove the ability to click x on the hundreds of useless npcs that might help a smidge. As is now being able to click x on an npc which does nothing but cough or call you fresk is just IMO, a worthless feature.

Top Bottom