PS4 option to lower resolution for a 30fps cap?

+
All you guys are not thinking straight. It's on the devs to make this game right without issues. Look at shadow of mordor. 1080p and 30fps without issues on ps4. Arkham knight with be the same. The devs work on the game and make it right. Cdpr did not do a great job on this game to tell you the truth. Graphics are great, gameplay is great. But it's really not polished enough, just like AC unity. Also had frames issues.

It's the devs fault for not polishing this game up enough.

Guest 3349340

Yeah go buy another console to get another not-at-all optimized version of the game. It's ridiculous.

True. I had the PS4 version, and got so fed up with the framerate that I bought it for Xbox.. Just don`t, it does not get any better.

---------- Updated at 02:37 PM ----------

I'm sorry potf but Xbox version is very well optimized, 30fps all the time minus the swamps when storming (27/28fps)... no dips in Novigrad (by day, by night, raining, storming), no dips in the tower, no dips in the novigrad bath, no dips when fire.. I've bought both versions and i can say it runs like shit on ps4 whereas on xbox expérience is near perfect...
Pop-in is also much worse on ps4... and textures loading also... these problems aren't present on Xbox version
So stop misinformation, there are plenty of videos who proves it...
Xbox version of TW3 is perfectly optimised... but it's 900p...

Well, that is not true (for some of us at least) Got the Xbox version because I got fed up with the framerate on PS4. And like magic, the bad framerate are still there. I mean - equipping a torch inside a cave (which one should think were possible) just hits the fps bad, and that is just one example. That is my experience at least. Would be strange if I am the only one having these issues on both consoles. And yes, I am one of those highly sensitive to fps reaching under the minimum 30. Or maybe I am just the most unlucky guy ever - both consoles not keeping a stable 30 fps? I dunno.

Last edited by a moderator:
720 isn't that big of a difference from 1080 if your TV is 50 inches or less and you are sitting 10 ft away from it.
900p from 1080p is nothing. They need to start giving the console the PC options to get better frame rates that would solve everything. If sony wants 1080 that that is fine but give us the option to play in 1080 900 or even 720

Ok great! So keep your 1080p which make nearly to zero difference with 900p and keep playing at 20fps...
PS4 is not this superpowerful piece of hardware unfortunatly, and after having trade my ps4 copy for Xbox, i can say that for me Xbox version is muuuuuch better performances wise, and on my 107 Toshiba, 900p or 1080p is near the same... 30fps and 20fps is an enoooormous difference...

Ok great! So keep your 1080p which make nearly to zero difference with 900p and keep playing at 20fps...
PS4 is not this superpowerful piece of hardware unfortunatly, and after having trade my ps4 copy for Xbox, i can say that for me Xbox version is muuuuuch better performances wise, and on my 107 Toshiba, 900p or 1080p is near the same... 30fps and 20fps is an enoooormous difference...

I dunno..the PS4 seems super powerful if it can do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkg5UVTsKCE

I am with you on that. This game is great, all the little details, choices and so on. Would have loved to play this on 720p with better fps. But sadly, and I am guessing here, it would have been hard for them to sell this game with 720p. I just hope this is`nt the future for consoles (regarding 20-30 fps) now that would be a let down!

You are joking right? Sure let's go back to 720P.. Why not play the ps3 or xbox 360 then... Games on those consoles run much more smooth and with fewer issues. It is obvious developers have no clue what they are doing with graphics / game engines on PS4 (and perhaps xbox one) as this is not the only game that runs like crap.

Having a locked mediocre 30 fps is bad enough.. Let's lower resolution as well.. Why not strip any lighting and effect from the game as well.. I'm sure it will run at +10 fps more... Sadly I fear this developer doesn't have the quality and staff to ever make this run good enough to justify it's silly full product AAA price.

Last edited:

Guest 3349340

You are joking right? Sure let's go back to 720P.. Why not play the ps3 or xbox 360 then... Games on those consoles run much more smooth and with fewer issues. It is obvious developers have no clue what they are doing with graphics / game engines on PS4 (and perhaps xbox one) as this is not the only game that runs like crap.

Having a locked mediocre 30 fps is bad enough.. Let's lower resolution as well.. Why not strip any lighting and effect from the game as well.. I'm sure it will run at +10 fps more... Sadly I fear this developer doesn't have the quality and staff to ever make this run good enough to justify it's silly full product AAA price.

I were just trying to point out that it is not near acceptabel that the game can`t even run a stable 30 fps (which should be the absolut minimum) Of course the graphical aspect are of some importants also! But we all have our own opinion, and the right to express them. I value fps, gameplay and world mechanics over graphics/resolution any day (still with as nice graphics as possible)
Now I am no tech genius, and why this game is not running optimal on consoles in regards to framerate I will let someone wiser be the judge of. But if it is the console that is at fault - when thinking hardware - then by all means lower the damn graphics a bit. I fully know 720p would be awful! But 20 fps is killing me. Just my thoughts on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom