PS4 Patch 1.10 - Memory Leak?

+
PS4 Patch 1.10 - Memory Leak?

Patch 1.10 is great, yes - stable FPS, almost no pop-in, thank you, devs.

BUT

After 4-5 hours of playing, i noticed more loading, more blurry white screen, non stable frame rate, sometime missing alpha-effects. Close the game, start again = everything is great again. But after 4-5 hours...you know.

I'm not the only one with this problem, i know for sure. For example, video with this problem (not mine)

About second video - problem still here even if i dont skip the dialogues, but in another dialogue for me (because this dialogue i watched not after 5-6 hours continuous play).

To be clear: Problem not in the specific dialogue - every dialogue has a blurr screen after EVERY line, if i playing the game 4-5 hours without restart. Also the city became blurry after every 20 meters.

Found this problem in normal game and in the DLC Hearts of Stone.

PLEASE, CDPR, check the memory leak or something like that after 4-5 (or more) continuous playing on PS4, patch 1.10.

Last edited:
I would like to test this myself using a fresh new game.. say what do you mean by continuous play? playing without dying or playing without exiting the game?

This happened all the time to me in Novigrad (every 10 seconds or so and motion blur was off) Just running around, dialogues and cutscenes would give this fade and freeze effect but this started on 1.07 through 1.08. It seems the longer you play, the more frequent this becomes and it looks like 1.10 is no different.

Still haven't finished downloading 1.10 (about 14 minutes left on pause). What frustrates me most is knowing next to nothing about a fix or new patch because the devs are quite tight-lipped on the issue. The waiting game commences and everyone can play.

FOr me 1.10 is fluid. Great improvement. So far my longest session was 3h and game was stable. In Novi of courise I experience from time to time bluring. Maybe devs will solve that? It is not a big problem but they can learn how to handle this to make Cyberpunk even better on ps4 :)

There is one thing that little annoys me in 1.10 - when you start combat in most cases with first attack/hit there is small freeze to load something(audio of enemy?). It happens with many enemies and annoys little.

That blurring effect sometimes happen when console is downloading a patch or game on background, hard disk is slower for games when is downloading something. Are you sure the problem is the memory leak or maybe your console were downloading something hours after you began to play?

Anyway I would recommend to rebuild PS4 database, I had problems with metal gear V when were saving the game frozen because the hard disk. I rebuilt database and fixed.

Last edited:
Hmmm, for me it's definitely not caused through background downloads. My internet cable is always unplugged unless I want to use it.
I recently upgraded my HDD but I'll try a rebuild database when all is said and done. Though I have done this on previous patches to no effect.
Game plays ok until I get around Novigrad. Perhaps there's too much going that the PS4 struggles to load the area properly causing the blurring effect.

Hmmm, for me it's definitely not caused through background downloads. My internet cable is always unplugged unless I want to use it.
I recently upgraded my HDD but I'll try a rebuild database when all is said and done. Though I have done this on previous patches to no effect.
Game plays ok until I get around Novigrad. Perhaps there's too much going that the PS4 struggles to load the area properly causing the blurring effect.

What hard drive you installed? I upgraded my PS4 with 2TB (samsung/seagate) and usually don´t have that problem . Just blurring when console is downloading something.

I'm almost certain this is a memory leak issue. For me too after 4 or 5 hours I get way more blurry pauses and even cutscenes start taking much, much longer when displaying the loading circle. I recently put an SSD in my PS4 and everything loads amazingly quickly in the Witcher compared to my first playthrough so I'm pretty sure it isn't a drive load issue. Also doubt it's a downloading in background thing since I too have both checked my downloads and tried completely turning off the network and still see this even when there is definitely no connection.

Hi got the samsung/seagate SSHD 1TB. Although If I knew how big these patches were going to be, I would have opted for the 2TB.

Since most of my games are disc based, TW3 will most likely be the only game that stays on my PS4 forever because of all the downloads and patches. Not going through all that again.

Last edited:
Theres definitely something wrong after 4-5 hours of gameplay, things blur out for every step.

A restart fixes this though so its not a big issue.

Agreed, and do. This happens though because I put my PS4 into rest mode so the game is just paused. It's annoying to come bring your PS4 out of rest to play and then realise oh yeah, got to quit and restart the game too. Basically, it's negating the entire point of the PS4's rest mode.

Well the rebuild database didn't fix the problem. Funny thing is on patch 1.05 I had next to no issues. Since 1.07 all this started happening. There's even a house in White Orchard near the blacksmith that has no walls and it's still like that since 1.07

I have experienced this on absolutely every patch version that CDPR has released. Let's face it, guys... this game is better to play on a PC, because it's obviously too big and expansive to be played flawlessly on a console! At this point, I think it's safe to say that they will never iron out all of the bugs that plague this game as it's reduced from being epic to just good/great.
:radovidsmug:

Last edited:
It's quite a common problem for PC ports to console to have issues, but yeah I can get about 4 hours and the frame rates start acting up, but this has been an on going issue. The bluring after exiting dialog was put in to basically "disguise" the snap ins. It's kinda annoying but I got used to it. Generally just saving and exiting to main menu and reloading solves the issue. Also I play across multiple saves in rotation. Found this helped with the frame rate lags. On patch 1.08 I only experienced this in Nivigrad, now I get it in Oxenfort to.

I have played through the main game 3 times now (normal mode not new game+ since new game+ is so nerfed) and have done HOS twice. There is nothing left for me to do so I'm gonna move on to something else now for awhile till B&W comes out. I'm not gonna patch either till rite before its released either. I'm getting tired of them nerfing things, (like signs and enemy damage scaling) then putting another uber patch out to fix the nerfs (I don't always have 20 GB of spare data lying around). I read here somewhere on the forums that they don't do the fixes for consoles so readily since Playstaion charges them for putting up the updates, hence why PC get patches pretty quickly and of smaller size since they host the update service on their own servers. Not much love for consoles though ( it's been how long and the " Most Wanted" quest is still not fixed and some other ps4 bugs that have been there since patch 1.07) so expect another uber patch soon. Apparently they fixing HOS enemy damage cause on the harder difficulty levels bosses take one swipe at Gerald and it game over.

Fact is is it a PC game and high end PC's have more resources, while ps4 has limits so swopping out HDD won't fix the issues. I swopped out my 500GB HDD awhile back for SSD and to be honest. . . . There is basically no difference other than a fractionally faster boot and maybe shaves about 15 secs on a load over a standard HDD. Ps4 hardware is not optimized to take advantage of higher data transfer rates, but I had a spare SSD lying around so I thought what the heck.

Last edited:
Maybe, but I can't afford to play it on PC. If I had to build a PC from scratch just to run TW3 is would cost near $1300. The joys of living in a 3rd world country I suppose....... :( Whereas My PS4 cost me around $450

Last edited:
Top Bottom