PS4 pro 1.62 Multiple Issues

+

So ever since the patch that added HDR and even after the subsequent "hotfix" I am still having multiple issues.

1) Still experiencing draw distance and pop in issues, though admittedly not as bad as before

2) There is now an audio pop that is nearly missable but happens at random intervals. I am really quite certain it's not my hardware, audio connections, or audio format, as it never happened on the same hardware before the most recent patch and hotfix. Also, it doesn't happen with any other games I play

3) I've seen other people posting about geralts hair turning black in caves. I was working through my playthrough and it happened to me in Hendricks cabin. Here's a video for reference

In all honesty, all these issues make the game unplayable for me. I really hope they fix these issues soon.

Last edited:

So ever since the patch that added HDR and even after the subsequent "hotfix" I am still having multiple issues.

1) Still experiencing draw distance and pop in issues, though admittedly not as bad as before

2) There is now an audio pop that is nearly missable but happens at random intervals. I am really quite certain it's not my hardware, audio connections, or audio format, as it never happened on the same hardware before the most recent patch and hotfix. Also, it doesn't happen with any other games I play

3) I've seen other people posting about geralts hair turning black I'm caves. I was working through my playthrough and it happened to me in Hendricks cabin. Here's a video for reference

In all honesty, all these issues make the game unplayable for me. I really hope they fix these issues soon.

2) Yes, certainly there is a problem with audio (ps4 pro). Sometimes I hear strange crackling; stuttering. Other games work fine. It's serious, immersive breaking bug. CD Projekt RED, please fix this :(

Update: I still have not heard anything back from CDPR either from my ticket or watching other channels such as Twitter to see if they are aware of these issues and are working on a fix. This is very worrisome for me, as the game is unplayable in it's current state.

Update: I still have not heard anything back from CDPR either from my ticket or watching other channels such as Twitter to see if they are aware of these issues and are working on a fix. This is very worrisome for me, as the game is unplayable in it's current state.

Give it about a business week. Usually, responses come within ~3 days, but things are pretty busy right now. (New Forums not the least of it! :) ) If you don't hear anything back by then, feel free to follow up!

Also, be sure your tickets deal with only one issue each. Tickets that have lists of issues will take longer to get through.

Update: 3 weeks and still no response on any of the three tickets I sent in (draw distance issues, Geralts hair color bug, or audio pop issue). I have also not seen any announcement on any of their channels that any of these issues are being worked on. It seems CDPR will leave the game in its currently unplayable state, or it will be a long time before they fix it. This is rather disappointing, as CDPR has historically been great with communication and supporting this game, but the fact that they didn't properly test the HDR/4k updates to catch bugs like these is rather disappointing.

On a side note, I was able to fix the geralt hair color issue and overall game lighting by either 1) playing on 1080 mode with HDR on or 2) 4k mode with HDR off. So it seems this issue is rooted in the HDR upate. Turning HDR off and leaving 4k on or turning 4k off and leaving HDR on seems to also help with draw distance issues a quite a bit. However, none of these changes fix the audio pop issue. The audio pop issue really is game ruining when it happens during cut scenes and audio heavy scenes. Lastly, while I did find work arounds for 2 of the 3 issues, it's still disappointing that I can't play the game with full ps4 pro options enabled because of the bugs that weren't caught through testing. Not only that, I have to completely change tv or ps4 video output settings whenever I wanna play and that's a pain in the ass to switch back and forth for 1 game.

Rant over.

Edit for spelling and autocorrects.

Hello.

So I bought a Ps4 pro when the HDR 4K patch came out, i was dying to replay my favourite game ( still am ), but i'm finding it very hard to enjoy right now. Draw distances and close pop ins ( npc's, rocks, houses, flickering far way spots... ) when running with Roach through the fields the trees cannot keep up, frame rate in some dialogues is terrible... Tried to change to 1080p and turn hdr off only helps on the frame rate... I have been paying attention to any update from CDRP but i can't find anything. Is this really the final version of the Witcher 3 for PS4 pro\PS4 users? I'm scared just to think about it... It will be a huge blow for me if the games stays like this. I absolutely love the Witcher 3 and I have been praising CDRP all the way and I totally trust them to make things right, but we need something. Some light on the matter. Are they even aware? I truly hope so....

Hello.

So I bought a Ps4 pro when the HDR 4K patch came out, i was dying to replay my favourite game ( still am ), but i'm finding it very hard to enjoy right now. Draw distances and close pop ins ( npc's, rocks, houses, flickering far way spots... ) when running with Roach through the fields the trees cannot keep up, frame rate in some dialogues is terrible... Tried to change to 1080p and turn hdr off only helps on the frame rate... I have been paying attention to any update from CDRP but i can't find anything. Is this really the final version of the Witcher 3 for PS4 pro\PS4 users? I'm scared just to think about it... It will be a huge blow for me if the games stays like this. I absolutely love the Witcher 3 and I have been praising CDRP all the way and I totally trust them to make things right, but we need something. Some light on the matter. Are they even aware? I truly hope so....
I'm right there with you man. If this is the final update for the game I probably won't ever replay it. Important note though, I was able to fix the issues to a degree by leaving 4k on and turning HDR off. That helped with overall lighting and pop in / draw distance issues. However, like I said above, it does not fix the immersion killing audio pop issue. Again, I'm fairly certain it's a bug with the game, as none of my other games on the same system and hardware have this issue.

You guys know the first frame after the inicial cutscene of the game? Right before showing geralt relaxing in a bath... It starts with a picture of a fireplace. Well, on PS4 pro, there's the wood, but no fire is loading. This shows well how bad the textures are loading. The funny thing is, on base ps4 it's there. Does not make any sense..

UPDATE - tried again on ps4 pro, fresh start at 1080p and HDR off. The fire now appears. PS4 pro version is definetly broken

Last edited:
You guys know the first frame after the inicial cutscene of the game? Right before showing geralt relaxing in a bath... It starts with a picture of a fireplace. Well, on PS4 pro, there's the wood, but no fire is loading. This shows well how bad the textures are loading. The funny thing is, on base ps4 it's there. Does not make any sense..

UPDATE - tried again on ps4 pro, fresh start at 1080p and HDR off. The fire now appears. PS4 pro version is definetly broken
I haven't even noticed that. Does it still happen if you leave 4k on but turn off HDR?

UPDATE: Just tried it on my ps4 pro with 4k and HDR on. Fire loaded for me. Definitely a weird issue though

UPDATE 2: decided to try a bunch of different settings (mixing 1080p and 4k resolution with HDR on and off) and the fire appears during all settings. As I said above, 1080 with HDR fixes the hair and lighting issue, 4k without HDR seems to (mostly) fix the draw distance and pop in issues AND the hair color and overall lighting issues. So the problem seems rooted in HDR mode, but only when being run in conjunction with 4k mode. BUT NOTHING FIXES THE AUDIO POP ISSUE! :'(

Last edited:
I haven't even noticed that. Does it still happen if you leave 4k on but turn off HDR?

UPDATE: Just tried it on my ps4 pro with 4k and HDR on. Fire loaded for me. Definitely a weird issue though

UPDATE 2: decided to try a bunch of different settings (mixing 1080p and 4k resolution with HDR on and off) and the fire appears during all settings. As I said above, 1080 with HDR fixes the hair and lighting issue, 4k without HDR seems to (mostly) fix the draw distance and pop in issues AND the hair color and overall lighting issues. So the problem seems rooted in HDR mode, but only when being run in conjunction with 4k mode. BUT NOTHING FIXES THE AUDIO POP ISSUE! :'(

Hmmm, the only way it loads for me is with everything at minimum ( 1080p and HDR off ).. Deleted the game and it's installing as we speak, if it loads the fire for you at max power should load for me as well. I'll keep you posted! Meanwhile, if you want, add me on PSN. It's the same ID: MrPsychosane. It could be helpful for both

Even if it works "better" with less resolution or without HDR, the point is that we should be able to run this game with all that PS4 pro offers in a smooth way :( That was the reason I got PS4 pro: The Witcher 3

Even if it works "better" with less resolution or without HDR, the point is that we should be able to run this game with all that PS4 pro offers in a smooth way :( That was the reason I got PS4 pro: The Witcher 3
I agree with you on this. I'm actually very disappointed in CDPR for how much the HDR update broke the game. I'm more disappointed, however, in the fact that they have not responded to any of my support tickets or made any kind of public announcement acknowledging the issues and stating whether a fix is on the way. It looks like either the game won't be fixed for a long time or at all.

So....
- No fire

And...
- Barely!

Should I be worried about my PS4? Or is it just random?

Free roam textures and draw distance:

Last edited:
I agree with you on this. I'm actually very disappointed in CDPR for how much the HDR update broke the game. I'm more disappointed, however, in the fact that they have not responded to any of my support tickets or made any kind of public announcement acknowledging the issues and stating whether a fix is on the way. It looks like either the game won't be fixed for a long time or at all.

Yes. That is the worst. no feedback. And I know for a fact that we are not the only ones. youtube is full of people complaining about the same. The lack of feedback is surprisingly sad :(

Top Bottom