PS4 Pro graphic and HDR settings recommendations?

+
I am playing Cyberpunk on PS4 Pro on a LG C9 OLED TV. What is the recommended graphic settings for HDR?
In the Witcher 3, it was quite easy to set the HDR tunning but I found it is not the case in Cyberpunk.

I've found that, with HDR switched off the game looks really vibrant and colourful but when you turn it on it looks washed out. There are options to adjust the HDR settings but I don't understand what they do and changing them seems to have no effect, unless I'm missing something?

I've found that, with HDR switched off the game looks really vibrant and colourful but when you turn it on it looks washed out. There are options to adjust the HDR settings but I don't understand what they do and changing them seems to have no effect, unless I'm missing something?
The thing is in The Witcher 3, it was easy to adjust the HDR settings, just adjyst a slider to display a very dark image becomes barely visible. But in Cyberpunk, the 3 settings was difficult to see the changes.

This is the first game I've had on PS4 Pro where it looks worse with HDR turned on, especially the menus. I thought it was weird so I searched YouTube and this guy HDTVTest believes the HDR is broken on consoles.

This is the first game I've had on PS4 Pro where it looks worse with HDR turned on, especially the menus. I thought it was weird so I searched YouTube and this guy HDTVTest believes the HDR is broken on consoles.

Oh thanks, in that case have to wait for them to fix it in a patch. I wondered if this is the same on the next gen console?

Oh thanks, in that case have to wait for them to fix it in a patch. I wondered if this is the same on the next gen console?

In the video he is talking about the game which is running on a PS5 but it's the PS4 version that's running on it. As for the actual next gen upgrade, I can only speculate that it will be much better but in terms of the HDR on PS4 I think it's a technical or programming issue instead of a hardware limitation issue in this case. Could definitely be wrong though.

Top Bottom