PS4 Pro - My bug thread (I want to help)

+
If it makes it any easier for CDPR Team, and if anyone actually reads these threads and reports to devs, I will maintain this bug thread and update it if/when I notice anything new. I really like what this game could be and I'm still not ready to give up on it.

I will not address well-known problems such as: locked mod slots in the looted equipment, inability to buy clothing schematics after visiting the vendor once, cars falling out of the sky, people clipping with each other and the environment, police spawning, etc.

This is as of Patch 1.1 (and including problems present from the start):

:ok: First off, the good news: Takemura didn't bug out and call without saying anything. The quest "Down on the street" played out without a hitch.
There are far fewer crashes than before this patch, but still, the longer the game is played in one go, the buggier it gets. All the bugs I've listed here are "hard" bugs that happen regardless of the play length.

- Tech Precision Rifles often will not shoot while aiming.

After receiving Jackie's Arch bike, calling the vehicle would spawn Hella instead - V's first car. Mind that at the time Hella is under repair at Del's. I didn't have any other car as my own. Clicking on the bike in the vehicle menu did nothing, it constantly spawned the car. After an hour or two, the bike finally spawned. I didn't buy any other vehicle in the meantime.

- Double jump sometimes stops working out of the blue. Often I had to reload the most recent save, or even the one before it, to get it to work again. Reinstalling it at the ripper doc does nothing to fix the issue, only a reload helps.

- There is a huge grey textureless wall in a certain underpass in the city, across the entire road under the bridge. It has neither heft nor lift, it just exists visually and thus blocks the sight of what is ahead. It is especially problematic during the first race in "The Beast In Me" because it can cause the player to crash due to the lack of visibility.

- Underpasses and tunnels aren't lit well enough during the night, so it's often pitch black in there. To make the matters worse, other vehicles don't have lights on either.

- The weapon menu (holding the triangle button) will sometimes show the weapon that has been unequipped beforehand and replaced with another, even if that weapon isn't in the inventory anymore.

Victor speaks in bartender's (Pepe) voice while sitting at the bar at Jackie's ofrenda.
Dennis, the quest giver for "Big in Japan", talks to V in some random voice and not his own, at the end of the quest.
Wakako has a totally silent moment while giving the quest "Sinnerman" on the holo. There aren't even subtitles.
During the quest "With a Little Help From My Friends", Panam talks as if she's on the holo even though V is sitting right next to her in her car.
Generally, the tone of the NPC's voices is tuned badly. Sometimes it's too loud, sometimes it's too silent, very rarely it's just right. The ambience of the tone changes weirdly as well, and it often doesn't have anything to do with the surroundings.

The rescued priest in "Losing My Religion" complains that V has killed the Maelstromers even though they were defeated with non-lethal weapons. I used quickhacks Short Circuit and Contagion, and a bat. I checked thoroughly and they were all slightly wiggling on the ground, alive, no blood pools beneath them.

During the rescue of Evelin in the scav den, Johnny didn't comment on all highlighted scanned items when he was supposed to. I wasn't scanning during a fight.

- The scope of smart weapons sometimes stays stuck on the screen even when V is not holding it. Additionally, having a smart weapon as one of equipped weapons also makes the scope of built-in arm cyberware appear on the screen randomly. Both situations occur usually after scanning and after a fight. Pulling out any weapon and putting it away afterwards makes the scope go away.

- Four-wheel vehicles often don't react to turning at high speed. This happens especially when I tap the breaks in order to slow down so I could make a sharp turn. Instead, the car only mildly slows down but keeps going straight, as if I hadn't pressed the stick to turn at all.

- Random vehicles will sometimes spawn right in front of V's vehicle on the road, resulting in an imminent crash.

The legendary outer wear - Duolayer Polyamide Rocker Vest that can be found in Kabuki - is actually a full-body outfit for female V. Aside from covering up every other piece of clothing even though it isn't supposed to be a full-body item, it clips horribly with her body. It's bad to the point that legs look doubled. The clipping shows both in inventory and in 3rd person (e.g. when on a bike). If "looks are everything in Night City", this item is practically useless.

- Right after the quest "Queen of the Highway" ends in the Aldecaldos' camp, V's scanner bugs out and doesn't work at all. The only way to make it work again is to save game and then load that save.

- V equips Panam's sniper rifle automatically when picking it up, even though I didn't hit the button "Equip". If the Body requirement for the rifle isn't met, the warning will stick to any other weapon that gets equipped in that slot afterwards. As far as I know, only removing the sniper rifle from the inventory solves this problem.

- During the quest "Never Fade Away", the music from the concert in front of Arasaka tower gets stuck in the background and doesn't stop until a save is loaded.

- One of the biggest issues I've noticed are the overlapping dialogues. V is able to have two different conversations at once, which breaks them both. Also, any calls should not happen at all during a dialogue, especially considering that answering the calls is horribly bugged: sometimes the button doesn't react at all, or the caller answers V's phone by themselves.

In a quest "Pyramid Song", when V regains consciousness after Judy had pulled them on the surface, Judy's eyes are stuck looking all the way to the upper right corner almost until the end of that part of the convo. It's a really creepy and off-putting bug.

- When V meets Brigitte for the first time, her mouth doesn't move at all while she speaks, for the entirety of that conversation.
I've noticed that this bug happens a lot with other NPC's a swell.

- Blood Pump does not work. Period.

As of patch 1.11:

- While riding shotgun with other NPCs (Claire, River...), their car slows to a crawl at one point, and doesn't speed up. Usually I like to ride with them and observe the Night City scenery, but this unnerving bug literally forces me to hit the "Skip Ride" every time.

:confused:- After leaving the building at the beginning of Act 2, Johnny makes a comment: "House is raking it in. Wonder what the boss has to say about it." and the subtitles stay glued on the screen, no matter if you fast travel or pass through some other loading screen. Reloading a save makes Johnny repeat this sentence and it stays glued to the screen again. This occurrence remains for the entirety of the game! The only way to remove it is to leave the city walls - go to the badlands, save and reload. In other words, if I don't want this line being repeated on a load and stuck to my screen, I have to leave the city and then save. It's so annoying!

- Bikes and cars are falling from the sky and randomly crashing more often than before. This one time, I called my bike, and while it was on its way to me, nearby a car crashed from nowhere into another car, exploded and killed a few pedestrians. And then police issued a warrant for ME, spawned out of nowhere and started shooting. I didn't even have anything to do with that crash!

- My vehicle spawns on the road above me, or the road below me, if I'm anywhere near an overpass/underpass.

At the end of the mission "On a tight leash" for Padre, leaving the bus depot triggers a black screen, then loading, and V falls through the map. And then loading screen again that returns to the last save. Leaving the bus depot again triggers the same outcome, over and over again. Every time. The only workaround I've found is not to kill Jose Luis, then carry him outside, talk to Padre and then put him in the trunk of the car, and wait for the car to leave. Only then I can leave the alley and collect my payment, in order to successfully finish the mission.

- My game crashed during the End credits.

- Crafting Johnny's outfit makes it stay stuck in the inventory, without the ability to dismantle it or move it to the Stash. I know this is a known issue. Someone somewhere had suggested that picking up your items from the locker one by one in the quest "Sweet Dreams", and thus leaving the unnecessary items, can solve the issue. Just a heads up - it doesn't solve the issue. Whether you click on "Take" or "Take All", it will always pick up all your items. You'll be stuck with Johnny's stuff for the remainder of the game no matter what. My advice: don't craft Johnny's outfit. Just don't.

After dealing with Grayson on "Ebunike", you can unlock the container with Johnny's car. However, after Rogue leaves the site, the gate will shut behind her and you won't be able to drive through. And it breaks the exchange with Johnny. The only way I know to solve this is to wait for Rogue to leave the premises entirely before unlocking the container and entering the car. And even that sometimes doesn't work, so make sure to save before unlocking the container.

- Scopes are now all labeled as "scopes"; they used to have another version named "Sight" that is meant for pistols and revolvers. While looting them, looking at them in the Backpack, or in the Trading screen, you can't know anymore which ones are meant for rifles and which are meant for pistols. This is especially tricky while buying, because we can't determine outright whether we're buying a scope for the rifle or a pistol. They should at least have a definition in their description that points out their specific purpose. Also, sniper rifles have their own specific scopes that won't fit on regular rifles. In other words, we have three different kinds of scopes, but their description doesn't determine their actual application.

- Sometimes an item preview will get stuck on the screen even if I merely give it a glance and move away, regardless if I picked it up or not. This issue appears randomly and for no apparent reason. Worst case scenario, it won't disappear on a loading screen (e.g. fast travel), or if I take a look at some other loot, and will only go away on a reload of a save. This is a problem since the very beginning.

- I've noticed that legendary clothing requires far more attempts of reroll to achieve max number of mod slots. Before this patch, I used to reroll five times tops, and now some items won't get max slots even if I reload 20+ times. I don't see why they would further nerf something that was already annoying and a huge time-waster for players.
I also don't see the purpose of "Pick-Me-Up" mods that generate in the inventory on crafting legendary clothing. They give a negligible boost to armor rating, but they also destroy a mod slot on application!
Another note: dismantling mods doesn't remove their appearance from the inventory until I exit the inventory. Sometimes this applies to other items as well. It's very confusing (irritating).

Last edited:
Cyberware malfunction episodes that drain stamina can bug out phone calls, misisons and things.
Streetcred leveling up at same time as mission update can bug mission out.
Leveling up at same time as misison update can bug it out.
Leveling up skills at same time as mission update can bug it out.
Phone calls can bug out missions if happening at a mission update.

Especially prone to bug things out if you get malfunction and a streetcred update at same time as mission update.

I get a lot of these bugs and these are others I get.

Audio cuts out in a lot of cutscene, can't count how many conversations I've missed.
Aim toggle sights won't go away a lot of the time. I hate using the fancier scopes as they are a bigger sight and I will have to see it during cutscenes.
Legendary Iconic Wall weapons I can not stash in the Apartment, only in Cars and they never appear on the wall.
A lot of times there is a delay between firing the weapon and actually hearing the gun shot, about 2 -3 second delay.
A lot of weapons show up in my Inventory/Backpack menu as just an empty box green/purple/blue/etc don't matter the level of gun.
Even if I turn off Subtitles you still get Subtitles in certain cutscenes.
I am not sure if bug or not but the left joystick is not smooth in hacking situations, it needs the sensitivity to be adjusted.
Sometimes when I quick hack NPC from a distance it just doesn't work and the NPC I am hacking will automatically be alerted to my position.

I made another update for the Patch 1.11. It may have fixed Takemura, but it broke a helluva lot more of other stuff... Not to mention that other aforementioned bugs aren't fixed.

I'm putting this thread on indefinite hold - meaning I won't be reporting bugs anymore. That doesn't mean the bugs are gone, they are still there at the time of this post, and there are more that I didn't have the willingness to point out.
I am merely aborting any activity related to Cyberpunk 2077 due to profound disappointment in the game. The bugs will be fixed, eventually, but the story won't. Happy gaming to all who are still interested.

If it makes it any easier for CDPR Team, and if anyone actually reads these threads and reports to devs, I will maintain this bug thread and update it if/when I notice anything new. I really like what this game could be and I'm still not ready to give up on it.

I will not address well-known problems such as: locked mod slots in the looted equipment, inability to buy clothing schematics after visiting the vendor once, cars falling out of the sky, people clipping with each other and the environment, police spawning, etc.

This is as of Patch 1.1 (and including problems present from the start):

:ok: First off, the good news: Takemura didn't bug out and call without saying anything. The quest "Down on the street" played out without a hitch.
There are far fewer crashes than before this patch, but still, the longer the game is played in one go, the buggier it gets. All the bugs I've listed here are "hard" bugs that happen regardless of the play length.

- Tech Precision Rifles often will not shoot while aiming.

After receiving Jackie's Arch bike, calling the vehicle would spawn Hella instead - V's first car. Mind that at the time Hella is under repair at Del's. I didn't have any other car as my own. Clicking on the bike in the vehicle menu did nothing, it constantly spawned the car. After an hour or two, the bike finally spawned. I didn't buy any other vehicle in the meantime.

- Double jump sometimes stops working out of the blue. Often I had to reload the most recent save, or even the one before it, to get it to work again. Reinstalling it at the ripper doc does nothing to fix the issue, only a reload helps.

- There is a huge grey textureless wall in a certain underpass in the city, across the entire road under the bridge. It has neither heft nor lift, it just exists visually and thus blocks the sight of what is ahead. It is especially problematic during the first race in "The Beast In Me" because it can cause the player to crash due to the lack of visibility.

- Underpasses and tunnels aren't lit well enough during the night, so it's often pitch black in there. To make the matters worse, other vehicles don't have lights on either.

- The weapon menu (holding the triangle button) will sometimes show the weapon that has been unequipped beforehand and replaced with another, even if that weapon isn't in the inventory anymore.

Victor speaks in bartender's (Pepe) voice while sitting at the bar at Jackie's ofrenda.
Dennis, the quest giver for "Big in Japan", talks to V in some random voice and not his own, at the end of the quest.
Wakako has a totally silent moment while giving the quest "Sinnerman" on the holo. There aren't even subtitles.
During the quest "With a Little Help From My Friends", Panam talks as if she's on the holo even though V is sitting right next to her in her car.
Generally, the tone of the NPC's voices is tuned badly. Sometimes it's too loud, sometimes it's too silent, very rarely it's just right. The ambience of the tone changes weirdly as well, and it often doesn't have anything to do with the surroundings.

The rescued priest in "Losing My Religion" complains that V has killed the Maelstromers even though they were defeated with non-lethal weapons. I used quickhacks Short Circuit and Contagion, and a bat. I checked thoroughly and they were all slightly wiggling on the ground, alive, no blood pools beneath them.

During the rescue of Evelin in the scav den, Johnny didn't comment on all highlighted scanned items when he was supposed to. I wasn't scanning during a fight.

- The scope of smart weapons sometimes stays stuck on the screen even when V is not holding it. Additionally, having a smart weapon as one of equipped weapons also makes the scope of built-in arm cyberware appear on the screen randomly. Both situations occur usually after scanning and after a fight. Pulling out any weapon and putting it away afterwards makes the scope go away.

- Four-wheel vehicles often don't react to turning at high speed. This happens especially when I tap the breaks in order to slow down so I could make a sharp turn. Instead, the car only mildly slows down but keeps going straight, as if I hadn't pressed the stick to turn at all.

- Random vehicles will sometimes spawn right in front of V's vehicle on the road, resulting in an imminent crash.

The legendary outer wear - Duolayer Polyamide Rocker Vest that can be found in Kabuki - is actually a full-body outfit for female V. Aside from covering up every other piece of clothing even though it isn't supposed to be a full-body item, it clips horribly with her body. It's bad to the point that legs look doubled. The clipping shows both in inventory and in 3rd person (e.g. when on a bike). If "looks are everything in Night City", this item is practically useless.

- Right after the quest "Queen of the Highway" ends in the Aldecaldos' camp, V's scanner bugs out and doesn't work at all. The only way to make it work again is to save game and then load that save.

- V equips Panam's sniper rifle automatically when picking it up, even though I didn't hit the button "Equip". If the Body requirement for the rifle isn't met, the warning will stick to any other weapon that gets equipped in that slot afterwards. As far as I know, only removing the sniper rifle from the inventory solves this problem.

- During the quest "Never Fade Away", the music from the concert in front of Arasaka tower gets stuck in the background and doesn't stop until a save is loaded.

- One of the biggest issues I've noticed are the overlapping dialogues. V is able to have two different conversations at once, which breaks them both. Also, any calls should not happen at all during a dialogue, especially considering that answering the calls is horribly bugged: sometimes the button doesn't react at all, or the caller answers V's phone by themselves.

In a quest "Pyramid Song", when V regains consciousness after Judy had pulled them on the surface, Judy's eyes are stuck looking all the way to the upper right corner almost until the end of that part of the convo. It's a really creepy and off-putting bug.

- When V meets Brigitte for the first time, her mouth doesn't move at all while she speaks, for the entirety of that conversation.
I've noticed that this bug happens a lot with other NPC's a swell.

- Blood Pump does not work. Period.

As of patch 1.11:

- While riding shotgun with other NPCs (Claire, River...), their car slows to a crawl at one point, and doesn't speed up. Usually I like to ride with them and observe the Night City scenery, but this unnerving bug literally forces me to hit the "Skip Ride" every time.

:confused:- After leaving the building at the beginning of Act 2, Johnny makes a comment: "House is raking it in. Wonder what the boss has to say about it." and the subtitles stay glued on the screen, no matter if you fast travel or pass through some other loading screen. Reloading a save makes Johnny repeat this sentence and it stays glued to the screen again. This occurrence remains for the entirety of the game! The only way to remove it is to leave the city walls - go to the badlands, save and reload. In other words, if I don't want this line being repeated on a load and stuck to my screen, I have to leave the city and then save. It's so annoying!

- Bikes and cars are falling from the sky and randomly crashing more often than before. This one time, I called my bike, and while it was on its way to me, nearby a car crashed from nowhere into another car, exploded and killed a few pedestrians. And then police issued a warrant for ME, spawned out of nowhere and started shooting. I didn't even have anything to do with that crash!

- My vehicle spawns on the road above me, or the road below me, if I'm anywhere near an overpass/underpass.

At the end of the mission "On a tight leash" for Padre, leaving the bus depot triggers a black screen, then loading, and V falls through the map. And then loading screen again that returns to the last save. Leaving the bus depot again triggers the same outcome, over and over again. Every time. The only workaround I've found is not to kill Jose Luis, then carry him outside, talk to Padre and then put him in the trunk of the car, and wait for the car to leave. Only then I can leave the alley and collect my payment, in order to successfully finish the mission.

- My game crashed during the End credits.

- Crafting Johnny's outfit makes it stay stuck in the inventory, without the ability to dismantle it or move it to the Stash. I know this is a known issue. Someone somewhere had suggested that picking up your items from the locker one by one in the quest "Sweet Dreams", and thus leaving the unnecessary items, can solve the issue. Just a heads up - it doesn't solve the issue. Whether you click on "Take" or "Take All", it will always pick up all your items. You'll be stuck with Johnny's stuff for the remainder of the game no matter what. My advice: don't craft Johnny's outfit. Just don't.

After dealing with Grayson on "Ebunike", you can unlock the container with Johnny's car. However, after Rogue leaves the site, the gate will shut behind her and you won't be able to drive through. And it breaks the exchange with Johnny. The only way I know to solve this is to wait for Rogue to leave the premises entirely before unlocking the container and entering the car. And even that sometimes doesn't work, so make sure to save before unlocking the container.

- Scopes are now all labeled as "scopes"; they used to have another version named "Sight" that is meant for pistols and revolvers. While looting them, looking at them in the Backpack, or in the Trading screen, you can't know anymore which ones are meant for rifles and which are meant for pistols. This is especially tricky while buying, because we can't determine outright whether we're buying a scope for the rifle or a pistol. They should at least have a definition in their description that points out their specific purpose. Also, sniper rifles have their own specific scopes that won't fit on regular rifles. In other words, we have three different kinds of scopes, but their description doesn't determine their actual application.

- Sometimes an item preview will get stuck on the screen even if I merely give it a glance and move away, regardless if I picked it up or not. This issue appears randomly and for no apparent reason. Worst case scenario, it won't disappear on a loading screen (e.g. fast travel), or if I take a look at some other loot, and will only go away on a reload of a save. This is a problem since the very beginning.

- I've noticed that legendary clothing requires far more attempts of reroll to achieve max number of mod slots. Before this patch, I used to reroll five times tops, and now some items won't get max slots even if I reload 20+ times. I don't see why they would further nerf something that was already annoying and a huge time-waster for players.
I also don't see the purpose of "Pick-Me-Up" mods that generate in the inventory on crafting legendary clothing. They give a negligible boost to armor rating, but they also destroy a mod slot on application!
Another note: dismantling mods doesn't remove their appearance from the inventory until I exit the inventory. Sometimes this applies
Post automatically merged:

I found your post and thread helpful and constructive. Sorry to see that your disappointment made you stop. Hope you are enjoying yourself with another game then.

Last edited:
I'm putting this thread on indefinite hold - meaning I won't be reporting bugs anymore. That doesn't mean the bugs are gone, they are still there at the time of this post, and there are more that I didn't have the willingness to point out.
I am merely aborting any activity related to Cyberpunk 2077 due to profound disappointment in the game. The bugs will be fixed, eventually, but the story won't. Happy gaming to all who are still interested.
It would be great if you could write a message to the tech/gameplay support about your post, and if you got time maybe add some more detailed information on how to recreate the issues.

I am having an issue where breach protocol is leveling quickhacks instead of breach protocol like it should. Making it impossible to level the breach protocol skill line. Anyone have any ideas?

Other than igotarefund.exe. then vans in the game keep tilting during missions on the Pro. then people walk into there cars and explode. the bugs are numerous and funny. im not sure if i want the game to fixed or not... i really don't have horses in this... be well folks.

Top Bottom