PS4 Pro - Too much fan noise after 1.50 patch

+
Hi Scrancher
All i want is my good old Witcher3 back!
CD Project = Very good Games with high quality.
So i think, it can't be a Problem to fix that.
And thx for your comment Scrancher
Btw, my Gerald is LV 77 in New Game +

No problems Beren2017, just being honest!
As we are, I think it's important to stand together and let our voices be heard on the matter at hand. I too wish for patch 1.31 to be rolled back, or atleast it to be an option for us with these annoying game problems.
For 4K Tv, PS4 Pro gamers, I don't know if the extra visual fidelity is worth the extra framerate drops, but I know that for us (and me) with just a Full HD 1080p Tv, and a Ps4 Pro, we have gotten nothing but extra overload on our consoles, resulting in general lag and stuttering. An overall bad deal!

Meanwhile I have the feeling, the update and the graphics processor of the PS4 Pro do not tolerate.
Just a feeling and that could explain the issued.

Lilayah;n9655321 said:
You can't rollback the patch, however did you try restarting your console after downloading patch? How long did you play?

Restarting my console doesn't mean anything at this point. Like I said, I've been always turning on/off my console, no rest(stand-by) mode at all. Also, this fan is working soooooooooo hard since my Ps4 Pro is getting warmer and warmer while playing TW3 whether it's been played for 5 mins or 50 mins. I don't want 4K resolution sampling when I'm playing TW3 if it's going to make this too much fan noise all the time except when I'm in the in-game menu. It's not like I'm trying "Zoom In" my TV screen to find those small details of better texture while I'm playing. I'm playing this game to enjoy the world of TW, stories of TW, characters of TW and more.

i got the exact same problem as you guys.
i turned the console on and off mutiple times, pulled the plug, turned the ps4 pro's "boost mode" on and off, opened the ps4 pro to clean the fan (it was clean) and even restartet the game, but nothing really changed.
the fan blows all the time it only stops when i pause the game.
i really hope that cdpr will look into this problem.

i've already done this, they gave me the typical "turn your console on and off reply"
i quote:

"Hello, Thank you for taking the time to contact us.
If you are using Rest Mode, please make sure that the console was restarted after using it. Keeping it in Rest Mode will not clear its cache, which could cause the potential performance issues.
It is also highly recommended to restart the game after the long playthrough. It will clear the memory and help to improve the performance."

Hey orangeaelove
Hot this as Answer:

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm not aware of any plans to release any patches for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt at this point.
Right now any patch release depends on the development priorities. If there will be anything released, we will inform our fans on official website and forums.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Think that means, we must wait

Hi guys, I sent a ticket too.

In which I said :

Problems description:
Hello, ever since I installed patch 1.50 I've had tons of issues. Let's just start by telling you what I tried to fix things :
-Reinstall the game and redownload the updates
-Delete all my saves started on patch 1.31 to start fresh with no conflicting data or whatever
-Rebuilt PS4's database
-Complete teardown of the console to clean the dust
-Turn off Boost mode

Having done these things I thought maybe the game would run better. I was wrong, I've had issues like :
-Game crashing whenever it feels like it
-Stutters or freezes when in combat or travelling
-Stutters in cutscenes making the lipsync out of place at times
-Weird glitches such as NPC clipping through the floor, Kiera's hair appearing beside her, on a wall in the background (if that makes sense) and some other I can't think of at the moment.
-Fan going bananas, although it's always been silent before 1.50. (Only game making the fan loud is Dark Souls 3 for some reason.) but now Witcher 3 makes it even louder. And I'm not even playing in 4k, res being set to 1080p, not automatic.
-Overall performance is pretty bad compared to 1.31 on boost mode, which made the game run at a close to perfect 30 FPS

And that's about all I can think of right now.
I hope the feedback will be helpful to fix things, 1.50 patch sure doesn't do justice for the masterpiece TW3 is.

Thank you and good luck for your future projects !

To which they replied :

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Please note that crashes and glitches might be caused by data corruption.

If the game is crashing when browsing inventory or interacting with merchants, all I can suggest is to not enlarge the items descriptions and compare items.

I'm not aware of any plans to release any patches for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt at this point.

Right now any patch release depends on the development priorities. If there will be anything released, we will inform our fans on official website and forums.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards,

---------------------

So, never did I mention the game crashing when browsing inventory or interacting with merchants. Never had a crash because of that. Of course I never enlarge items descriptions nor compare items so I guess it's "normal".

Anyway, I guess we will have to wait...

Hey everyone, I've sent Red Support ticket and here's how I explained to them:

"1.50 patch is making PS4 PRO’s fan go nuts. Too much fan noise, ps4 pro getting warmer and warmer due to your new 4k sampling patch for ps4 pro. Have tried restarting, not on rest mode. Apparently, many users are having same problem with 1.50 patch at the moment. Please fix it asap so I can happily play TW3 again. Thank you."

and I got a reply from Grzegorz this morning saying:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Please try disabling Boost Mode.

You can also try changing the resolution to 1080p and see if that helps:
1. From the home screen go to [Settings] > [Sound and Screen] > [Video Output Settings].
2. Set the Resolution to [1080p]. "

I tried this option and I think it actually helped my PS4 Pro go quieter. Because I did have my TV volume on low and didn't really got annoyed by Ps4 Pro making too much fan noise like before. But, I'll keep play and see how it goes.
So, try this option too and if it's still doesn't solve the problem for many of you then it is important for CDprojektred to fix this patch and let users know about it. Otherwise, this is where we start to feel like not playing TW3. Thanks all.

Last edited:
it didn't work for me and i never played with 4k resolution to beginn with.
the console is quiet for about five minutes and then the annoying fan-blowing kicks in.

CD Projekt to address The Witcher 3 post-PS4 Pro patch crashes

"We are aware of the issues some users have been experiencing following the PS4 Pro Patch and we are looking into addressing those as soon as possible."

Last edited:
I had it once, but never again. Maybe because of the Winter, which is coming and the room is a bit colder? Dunno.

The problems with 1.50 are not exklusive to the ps4 pro. I experience the same deterioration in performance on the original ps4. Especially in Novigrad: Worse framerate and fan spins up after a few seconds.

As others have already stated, this patch is ruining this fantastic game!
​​​​​

Top Bottom