[PS4] Text is too small

+
Thanks for all the reports guys, your feedback means a lot to us. We are aware of the issue and will adress it in one of the upcoming patches.

YES!
The text must be bigger.
At least as big as "Glottis" please:

Really struggling to play this game on my PS4 from my couch. Can't read lots of the text, can't see what it is that I have looted and can't see map detail clearly enough. All of this needs to be much bigger!!!!

Add it as an option, im using small HUD and its perfect for me. But i have to point out that im using a 104" screen.

Just adding to the masses by saying I too have this issue. Hasn't been an issue for other games for me, or the guide on my tv, etc. Please give us an option on PS4 (and all platforms) to adjust the font size. I shouldn't need to rearrange my room to play the game.

As far as I understand the patch notes, the fonts should have been increased on consoles with patch 1.04.

Do I have to change some settings for this magnification? After installing the game I cannot see any changes in the fontsize.

As far as I understand the patch notes, the fonts should have been increased on consoles with patch 1.04.

Do I have to change some settings for this magnification? After installing the game I cannot see any changes in the fontsize.

They only slightly changed the font and bolded it - no change to the size from what I can tell so I believe this was just a band-aid and actually increasing the font size (and the related boundary boxes) appears to be more involved and probably won't be coming until the next patch at least.

Hi Devs.

I really appreciate the effort you guys are putting into TW3 patches, but for me the text is still way too small. Will you be giving people the option to make it larger in a future patch?

Dear Devs,
please, just let US decide how big we want the text. I don't think it's an hard task to do after what you already done. This is a must-have option, especially for the people like me with no dubbing in their mothertongue.
THANKS

I hope we get an answer from Devs or Mods regarding this issue because I've had to put TW3 to one side, again. Just a "yes, this will be addressed in a future patch" would do?

When I play in regular conditions (1,5-2 meters far from screen) text is too small. QA forget that usability is also important.

Do you plan to address this? For now playing on console is pain.

i agree with this. PLEASE DO SOMETHING for the damned font.

The only text that actually changed with the patch, are the books/letters ones. These fonts are more bold, besides that, it's still a pain in the ass to read most texts in bestiary, characters etc.

Since we didn't get an answer to this thread i think we should ALL write a pm to Marcin Momot like i already did. They must listen to us, we are not asking for the moon.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/members/2000031-Marcin-Momot

Yep, sent message yesterday afternoon and received no reply, not even a polite acknowledgement.

I would not have bought TW3 on Day One if I'd seen reviews or forum posts regarding the tiny text. Hey oh, you live and learn...

Font size is still far too small for a lot of UI elements, in particular subtitles. Please think about players who wants to experience the game with voices in another language, think about deaf people, partially-sighted people. Subtitles needs to be big and easy to read. They should be 2-3 times bigger than they are now.

Yep, sent message yesterday afternoon and received no reply, not even a polite acknowledgement.

I would not have bought TW3 on Day One if I'd seen reviews or forum posts regarding the tiny text. Hey oh, you live and learn...
Guys send pm also on facebook page. One way or another they must tell us something. The more we are better the result

I have 32" tv, after playing less than an hour, my head hurts... The font is too small. Can please add some size configuration in the next patch?
Thank you

Stopped playing

The small font is ruining my immersion of the game and i already stopped playing it at the prologue. I'm really hoping that you do not ignore the impact of a noticable change in font size on console versions of the game. It is hard to suite everyone, but at least include a slider option, so that everyone can customize their experience of this otherwise great game.

I already waited out the last patch 1.04 to finnally get into the game and was very disappointed that the font size improvement only effected small portions of the UI. I'm playing on a 42" TV with 2m away and this is the only game on my PS4 that has this problem. I really tried to get back to the Wichter 3 a several times but it i do not get much enjoyment out of it due to the reading issues. I almost regret buying the Collectors Edition in the first place :(

Regards,
daboth

Last edited:
Top Bottom