[PS4] Text is too small

+
Throwing in my weight with this one, as well. It's quite ok when it comes to subtitles, for me at least, but loot boxes are pretty unreadable at more than 1 meter away. Font in the glossaries is a little better, but should still be enlarged. Given that they are fairly sizeable pieces of text, there really is no reason why they shouldn't be larger.

It should be an easy fix to improve the font size, and it will significantly improve the comfort of PS4 players. So, here's hoping that this is high on the priority list.

After two hours playing (PS4 Version) in my 47'' TV, my eyes hurts! Every text on the screen is ludicrously small, being the subtitles font size especially annoying. There are parts that it's impossible to read it. If you don´t want to dub the game to all the lenguages, at least take care of the subtitles. An option to adjust the size of the font would be nice.
With a 47'' TV, the distance to the TV has to be between 2,5m and 5m, have you made this tests?

The subtitles are so small is insulting, seriously i play no triple aaa games that have option to put the size you want, this is insulting and i expect the community make some noise to this because seriously destroys all the fun.
I play in a 32" and nothing changes, i friend with a 46" is telling me the same.

The witcher 2 have options for that in 360 by the way,what explanation has cdprojekt for this
I play on pc, so all the versions have the same problem

CD Projekt's User Experience Designers should know better. You need to make a game readable to a distance of at least 8 feet for consoles. I've seen a lot of dev insider videos from other game studios where the Dev just sits in their cube on their 24 or 30" PC monitor then tests the code with a console on a second 24" monitor inside their cube that's a few feet away. I don't know how they test it but I bet it's the same way. The User Experience team needs to test the game in a simulated console environment which is a living room where the TV is probably 8-10 feet from the user. Everything needs to be bigger, the mini map seemed OK but everything else is too small. I would love to see the loot menu and inventory menu text and stats get bigger. I play on a 40" 1080p TV from about 9ft on the PS4.

Same issue for me. There are actually two settings, large is the default and it is still too small. The small setting is just ridiculously small. I wonder if this is a bug and that what we're seeing as "large" is supposed to be what we see as "small" and the actual large is missing.

In any case this is a major issue in an otherwise excellent game; why did no reviews mention this problem?

Hope it gets fixed soon. I really have no idea what the loot I'm picking up is since I can't read it from my couch.

My wife and I are finding this to be a major problem. Our TV is wall mounted, and from our couch we are unable to read the type on the inventory screens. We are now using our daughter's binoculars to read the small type.

Please fix this. Thank you.

I am playing on the Xbox One and am having the same problem. The subtitles are readable, but everything else is just way too small to read. I hope the Devs will add an option to make the font larger for consoles. Please keep this thread going, so the technical people are aware of the issue.

I'm 60yrs old I thought it was me. Now I see other people are having the same problem. I have a 40 inch tv can't read any of the text way to small. I do love the game but I can't read anything!

I have a 65" screen and I can tell you that the text is small on my screen. I can read it, but, I am getting eye strain pretty quick. Not sure why the text has to be so small. Use up the screen. That is what it is there for.

I agree. I started playing today on PS4, played for a few hours, and the size of the font really annoyed me. I have to squeeze my eyes to read the descriptions.
The subtitles are OK, but could also be a little bigger. i hope they fix this.

I agree, the loot boxes are way to small, have no idea what I'm picking up. I sit 5 feet from a LG IPS cinema screen in 1080p with super resolution plus on and I still have to get within a foot of the screen to read the text, same with inventory items....needs fix asap please!!!

I totally agree on this one, the game is totally unplayable for me (52 inch screen) after a day of work. After just half an hour my eyes went all tired and i had to stop playing. Such i shame, but i'll just wait for a patch for this, since it shouldn't be difficult to scale the text on the UI i think.

+1 on this!

I'm playing on Xbox One, on a 50-inch screen at a distance of about nine feet, and after an hour's play my eyes were strained and a headache was coming on - seriously hampering my enthusiasm for the game. Having to squint to read the contents of every loot container, to compare every piece of equipment, not to mention read everything in the glossary... It's like trying to read a captivating novel at a font size of 4 - you know there's great stuff in there, but the tiny text turns the enjoyment into a bit of a chore...

My eyesight is perfect, and I never have to wear glasses, so I shudder to think how this game is experienced by those who do! I would really appreciate if this could be adressed in a patch! Sure, larger font size might necessitate scroll bars on some of the longer glossary entries, but that's easily a step up from the current, tiny text!

Last edited:
I agree you guys need to add an option to increase the text size in increments +50% + 100% + 150% + 200%.

My T.V. is a 64" and I am less then 12 feet away and I have to sit up and lean forward to read the text.

this needs fixed ASAP

Top Bottom