PS4 update 1.22 - Unable to interact with Quest NPCs or items

+
PS4 update 1.22 - Unable to interact with Quest NPCs or items

As the title says, since the patch today 20/06/2016, Im unable to interact with Quest NPCs or items. The NPCs or items exist as normal and are highlighted as expected but there is no prompt for button press and pressing the button does nothing.
I have Hearts of Stone and B&W installed and I have tried exiting the game, twice, and rebooting the PS4 (not stand-by).
Please can you let me know how to fix this as I am unable to progress, or play the game really.

Same here.
In my case, I cannot speak to majordomo (B.B.) while playing the quest called "No Place Like Home". Thus I cannot upgrade anything my home in Toussaint!. B.B. is standing in front of the main house of Corvo Bianco, but there is no display to interact.
This is really cruel, so that I rebooted the PS4, deleted all contents (patch and DLC, all of them), then re-installed them. But didn't work. I am to send bug-report to CDPR. I hope they fix this as soon as possible.

I am attempting to submit a bug report, with save files, but it is just coming up with an error (We experienced an unexpected error. Please try submitting your form again. If this doesn't help write to tw3support@cdprojektred.com and make sure to attach your dxdiag for PC issues.).
I will send email instead. Thanks

Did you convert the files to a zip file? Not doing this was my issue the first time I tried.

Vinthir

CD PROJEKT RED
Hi, thank you very much for your reports and to those who contacted us for sending us materials, we are currently analyzing the issue and have a viable theory regarding reproducing it.

To people who read this and experience this issue:
1. Find your save from the time of applying 1.22
2. Was that save file created in a hub other than Toussaint?
3. Which version of the game was version 1.22 applied on? Was it 1.20?
4. Share the answers to 2 and 3 with us via our form: en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/ and, apart from other info, use [1.22 NPC interaction] keywords in the description.
5. If you are sending us saves please make sure to indicate if this is a save created before or after patching with 1.22

EDIT:
The attachment size in the support form has been increased to 25 MB :)

ARCHIVED PART OF THE POST:
5. For now wait for our answer with sending saves (see why below)

Regarding the "unexpected error" when using our submission form, I'm afraid it's related to the size of the attachment (PS4 saves are of hefty size), I'm working on changing the limit. Until recently we were only receiving saves from PS4 users following the submission of the support form when they were already in email contact with us and only email attachment limit applied. That is why the attachment limit wasn't a problem previously.

Last edited:
Did you convert the files to a zip file? Not doing this was my issue the first time I tried.
Yes, converted to ZIP but just errors out. I have submitted an email bug report and hopefully they are looking at the issue. I really want to be able to continue.

Yes, converted to ZIP but just errors out. I have submitted an email bug report and hopefully they are looking at the issue. I really want to be able to continue.

Hmmm. Interesting. I'm not sure what the issue is then. I'll look into it.

Thank you!
I am also unable to continue side quests and the main story in Blood and Wine. I did send a bug report along with an attachment of my game save file as instructed by Rawls, with no problems.
Here are the issues affecting my game, just for reference:
La Cage au Fou - No button prompt to open crypt door.

Turn and Face The Strange - Nothing happens after looking at Prof. Moreau's grave(Witcher senses don't even highlight the gravestones).

Knight for hire - No dialogue option to continue quest when speaking to Ducal Camerlengo.

No button prompt to speak to the Majordomo.

Barber at Tourney gounds - After getting hair or beard cut, choosing the farewell dialogue option leads to an infinite loading screen.

These are all post 1.22(from 1.20) with the main save file in Toussaint.

I've got the 1.22 patch on PS4 3.55.

The hermit on the island won't speak to me, the foreman in the quarry won't speak to me. There's an exclamation mark above the foreman's head, but he doesn't respond when I try to initiate conversation by hitting "x".

Other issues...

I can't perform damage to the thugs near the beach when attempting to help the knight errant in distress. This is one of the knight missions.

Just killed a spriggan and some spectres at an empty vineyard (abandoned site) in Toussant and the abandoned site isn't cleared.

I'm not near my PS4 at the moment so I haven't sent in my save file.

Last edited:
I'm having the same issue as well. At first I thought it was just one quest but the entire blood and wine dlc seems to be not progressing any further for me.

Basically the whole game (Blood and Wine) is frozen in terms of quest. No quest gets updates. I can only roam around and kill some monsters. You cant interact with 90% of the NPCs in Toussaint. But if you start fresh game with only Blood and Wine expansion then that game works perfectly. But if try to go back to your original save then it doesnt work anymore. All this started happening after the Patch 1.22 was installed while I was finishing the Heart of Stone expansion in Novigrad. Originally, after finishing the main game, I had started Blood and Wine and then gone back to finish Heart of Stone, then returned to Toussaint.

Same here, as I posted in another thread this is what happened:
I played Blood and wine no problems with my save from new game plus and hearts of stone completed save. Then I went to my first playthrough finished main game save to do both expansions again so I could go into another new game plus with all the gear. After progressing a bit in Toussaint to get the manticore gear i went back to finish Hearts of stone. Coming back to Toussaint it seems that I cannot speak with any contract giver! I m stuck.

Cannot Interact with Npc's

After the patch 1.22 I cant access npc's to finish my quests in Blood and Wine. I am on ps4 and I'm using CD version

Basically the whole game (Blood and Wine) is frozen in terms of quest. No quest gets updates. I can only roam around and kill some monsters. You cant interact with 90% of the NPCs in Toussaint

Some spoilers if you haven't started Blood and Wine...

Prior to 1.22 I was working through the "Beast of Toussaint" quest, up to the point of going to look at the body at Corvo Bianco, but before I approached Corvo Bianco I went back to the Novigrad area to level up some more as the rot fiends near the river were trickier than I had anticipated. I believe the patch for 1.22 (from 1.20) was installed between going to Novigrad and returning to Toussaint. I returned to Toussaint and played Gwent with the inn keeper of the cockatrice and picked up a Gwent collect them all type quest for Skellige cards, I continued on and played a couple of rounds with some of the merchants you need to get cards off that are in the city proper, when I saw an exclamation mark on the mini map and ran off to pick up this new quest. It was a messenger and although the exclamation mark was there I could not interact with him. At this point I decided to go continue with The Beast of Toussaint quest.

I went to Corvo Bianco and used Witcher Sense on the bodies, but no dialogue played and bodies were still hi-lighted red, yet Geralt still knelt towards the object but said nothing. I went to the basement and ran into a nasty looking vampire and killed her, oddly though its hair wouldn't load up, the hair would flash in place and then disappear again. After I had killed it my quest tracker below the mini-map never changed text, and walking up to De La Croix's body and pressing on X would not activate the contextual actions, halting any form of story progression.

I have reported this however at the time couldn't send a save, I'm not at my PS4 so will try to get that done later. I'd like some sort of update as to whether or not this broken game will be fixed anytime soon. I was so looking forward to playing Blood and Wine. All of my vanilla Wild Hunt and Hearts of Stone are working fine.

I've registered here just to report the same problem. My blood and wine is irrevocably bugged, and my game is unplayable now after the 1.22 patch.

I can't even continue in blood and wine because this bug is happening to most of the npcs that have quests and even the main story npc has it.

Top Bottom