[PS5] [1.5] 'Both Sides, Now' bugged, and 'These Boots are Made for Walking' not triggering.

+
For some reason Both Sides Now completely makes Judy unavailable. By which I mean that there is no way to interact with her in her apartment and her quests will never trigger. This happened on my first playthrough of 1.5 and I couldnt find a solution, so I decided to just start over because I thought it might be a problem with the save file. Now on my second playthrough I was extra careful to find out what triggered this bug and if there was a patern or solution, turns out its the quest Both Sides Now that causes the bug. After finishing the quest Judy will remain in her apartment by the window, but its shut, and none of her dialogue will show up, not even the object dialogues around the apartment.

Second Issue is that the Nomad exculsive quest 'These Boots are Made for Walking' is not triggering. this could just be me not having patience, but in both my first (20h) and second (10h) playthrough of 1.5 this quest never triggered. I find this very strange because normally this quest triggers quite early in the second Act.

The Judy problem is the one that annoys me the most, I've done 5 playthroughs before 1.5, 4 of those on the PS4, and 2 of those around launch, and I have never encountered such major issues.

If this problem has a solution or is being worked on by CDPR then please tell me. For now I guess I'll just stop playing until it gets fixed.

EDIT:
video demonstrating the Both SIdes, Now issue.

Last edited:
Second Issue is that the Nomad exculsive quest 'These Boots are Made for Walking' is not triggering. this could just be me not having patience, but in both my first (20h) and second (10h) playthrough of 1.5 this quest never triggered. I find this very strange because normally this quest triggers quite early in the second Act.
Normally, it's not really "early" after Act 2, it's just after completing Ghost Town (and maybe Life During Wartime" too). So it depend when you do this quest line. (for me for example, it's easily after more than 50 hours of playing...).
For some reason Both Sides Now completely makes Judy unavailable. By which I mean that there is no way to interact with her in her apartment and her quests will never trigger. This happened on my first playthrough of 1.5 and I couldnt find a solution, so I decided to just start over because I thought it might be a problem with the save file. Now on my second playthrough I was extra careful to find out what triggered this bug and if there was a patern or solution, turns out its the quest Both Sides Now that causes the bug. After finishing the quest Judy will remain in her apartment by the window, but its shut, and none of her dialogue will show up, not even the object dialogues around the apartment.
You means that "Both Sides Now" quest cause an issue with Judy after finishing Pyramid Song ? (her final quest).
As far as I remember, there is nothing to do in her apartment before "Talkin' 'bout Revolution" and nothing to discuss with Judy before "Pyramid Song".

Normally, it's not really "early" after Act 2, it's just after completing Ghost Town (and maybe Life During Wartime" too). So it depend when you do this quest line. (for me for example, it's easily after more than 50 hours of playing...).

You means that "Both Sides Now" quest cause an issue with Judy after finishing Pyramid Song ? (her final quest).
As far as I remember, there is nothing to do in her apartment before "Talkin' 'bout Revolution" and nothing to discuss with Judy before "Pyramid Song".
After completing Both Sides, Now when I go back to her apartment, and enter it, Im unable to interact with her or any of her objects that have dialogue, calling doesnt work either and she will never call back to start her questline. I will try to record a clip later to demonstate it.

After completing Both Sides, Now when I go back to her apartment, and enter it, Im unable to interact with her or any of her objects that have dialogue, calling doesnt work either and she will never call back to start her questline. I will try to record a clip later to demonstate it.
I'm quite sure that there is nothing to do in the apartment until she call you for Ex-Factor and Talkin' 'bout Revoltion. You have the "interactions" (with Johnny coments) in her apartment only after waking up "alone" when you slept on her Sofa.
And it could take time for receive Judy's call for Ex-Factor after "Both Sides Now".

So I'm not "surprised" that there is nothing to do in Judy's apartment (nor discussion with her) before "Talkin' 'about Revolution" and it don't seem to be a bug to me.

Last edited:
I'm quite sure that there is nothing to do in the apartment until she call you for Ex-Factor and Talkin' 'bout Revoltion. You have the "interactions" (with Johnny coments) in her apartment only after waking up "alone" when you slept on her Sofa.
And it could take time for receive Judy's call for Ex-Factor after "Both Sides Now".

So I'm not "surprised" that there is nothing to do in Judy's apartment (nor discussion with her) before "Talkin' 'about Revolution" and it don't seem to be a bug to me.
I am able to interact with Judy and the objects before starting Both Sides, Now. I was already able to do so after the Disasterpiece quest.

It's been a while that I have tried to see Judy before completing Pyramid Song (before 1.2), but from my memories, the door of her apartment was locked (So impossible to enter in...)
I can't try right now, but I'll for sure ;)
Anyway, you can contact the support, you should receive an answer with the link above :)

It's been a while that I have tried to see Judy before completing Pyramid Song (before 1.2), but from my memories, the door of her apartment was locked (So impossible to enter in...)
I can't try right now, but I'll for sure ;)
Anyway, you can contact the support, you should receive an answer with the link above
Thanks, I just finished my submission to support, and if you're curious I just uploaded a clip demonstrating the issue.

I see you've tried skipping time and fast traveling, but have you progressed the story at all? or done any side jobs?, sometimes skipping time won't trigger the next phase in a story you need to actually complete some quests/side activities and then you'll get a call to further the storyline. Sometimes they come at strange times, I had river call me to move his story along while mid conversation with Liz Perales, it was actually kind of funny both conversations were going on at the same time, Emersion breaking bug yes, Funny to watch also yes.

if you're curious I just uploaded a clip demonstrating the issue.
Ok, so I'll try on my side ;)
But anyway, at this moment in the game (her quest line, between Both Sides Now and Ex-Factor), she clearly say that she want to be alone and she will call you later. So it make a little sense that you can't discuss with her :)

I see you've tried skipping time and fast traveling, but have you progressed the story at all? or done any side jobs?, sometimes skipping time won't trigger the next phase in a story you need to actually complete some quests/side activities and then you'll get a call to further the storyline. Sometimes they come at strange times, I had river call me to move his story along while mid conversation with Liz Perales, it was actually kind of funny both conversations were going on at the same time, Emersion breaking bug yes, Funny to watch also yes.
I did that to show that the issue with Judy still remained even after skipping time and fast traveling. As I mentioned in the post I also did a different playthrough before this one which was 20 hours long, in this playthrough I had finished Both Sides, Now around the 10h mark. Still Judy was completely unavailable while I was continuing the story.

Top Bottom