PS5 big fps drops after 1.2

+
Hi Guys,

Before patch 1.2 patch, the game on ps5 gave no fps drops (or any noticable) whatsoever.

Now after patch 1.2, there are after a while suddenly big fps drops, and even below 30fps. It seems so especially at night with all the neon lights. Even after leaving crowded places like jiggJigg str, the framedrops keep on going. Sometimes even resulted in a crash.

Anybody else on ps5 seen this or knows something about it?

Turning off Chromatic abb, lens flares, ... does not seem to help very much...

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

Before patch 1.2 patch, the game on ps5 gave no fps drops (or any noticable) whatsoever.

Now after patch 1.2, there are after a while suddenly big fps drops, and even below 30fps. It seems so especially at night with all the neon lights. Even after leaving crowded places like jiggJigg str, the framedrops keep on going. Sometimes even resulted in a crash.

Thanks!
Are you able to tweak different settings aside from Chromatic abb, lens flare etc?

Screen space reflections and Ambient Occlussion, Volumetric Fog resolution are the three settings that eat the most fps in this game. Tuning down those settings a bit will surely help with fps drops, but I don't know if you can do that on PS. Playing on PC myself.

Yes, but on ps5 there's only: film grain, depth of field, motion blur, chromatic aberration and lens flare.

All of them only have very little impact on this sudden fps drop.
And it's weird because before patch 1.2 this did not occur as such.

It seems that the fps drops mostly occur after a while in game.
After a fresh load from the main menu, fluid as hell.

Weird, but I thought I put the info out here...

It seems that the fps drops mostly occur after a while in game.
After a fresh load from the main menu, fluid as hell.

Weird, but I thought I put the info out here...
This issues is well known.
Performance tanks after a while.
I have seen this on PC. Many have reported this also.
Some kind of memory leak.
The game has so many issues wont get fixed soon.
I almost give up on the game.

Hi Guys,

Thanks!
I am having the same problem. I just bought cyber punk CD for my PS5 and last night i played for a while and all of a sudden i get major drops were it was unplayable. I sounded liek the game was about the crash but never did. I closed the game down and restarted it seemed to fix it. I hope cyberpunk didnt break my PS5

I am having the same problem. I just bought cyber punk CD for my PS5 and last night i played for a while and all of a sudden i get major drops were it was unplayable. I sounded liek the game was about the crash but never did. I closed the game down and restarted it seemed to fix it. I hope cyberpunk didnt break my PS5
I imagine that your game is on 1.3.
You can send a report/contact CDPR Support about your issue.
Not sure about Playstation, but if the game run on base PS4, it shouldn't not be a problem at all for a PS5 to run a PS4 game.

I imagine that your game is on 1.3.
You can send a report/contact CDPR Support about your issue.
Not sure about Playstation, but if the game run on base PS4, it shouldn't not be a problem at all for a PS5 to run a PS4 game.
If running means it loads up then yes it runs. runs proper no it doesnt

Your PS5 run a PS4 game... If a base PS4 can run it, your PS5 should handle it without problem at 60FPS or alsmost :(
Also, please make sure that the console was restarted after using Rest Mode feature. Keeping it in sleep mode will not clear its cache, which could cause the potential performance issues written above. It is also highly recommended to restart the game after the long playthrough. It will clear the memory and help to improve the performance.
Have you try to clear the cache ?
If it don't work, you can send a report to CDPR Support and wait for an answer.

Your PS5 run a PS4 game... If a base PS4 can run it, your PS5 should handle it without problem at 60FPS or alsmost :(

Have you try to clear the cache ?
If it don't work, you can send a report to CDPR Support and wait for an answer.
Why would you respond to a Playstation post if you dont have a playstation ? Do you work for CDPR ?

Why would you respond to a Playstation post if you dont have a playstation ? Do you work for CDPR ?
As you want, I let you solve your problem by your own ;)

PS : But if you really want a answer by someone who really work for CDPR, the forum is not the best way. The best way is to click on the blue button "Contact us" on the page that I indicated on my first post (so "send a report to CDPR Support").
This page :

Last edited:
As you want, I let you solve your problem by your own ;)

PS : But if you really want a answer by someone who really work for CDPR, the forum is not the best way. The best way is to click on the blue button "Contact us" on the page that I indicated on my first post (so "send a report to CDPR Support").
This page :
Ok sounds good.

Top Bottom