PS5 - Crash issue.

+

Guest 4421288

Well we now know it is memory leak causing crashing. From hotfix 1.06 notes.

Console-specific

• Improved memory management and stability, resulting in fewer crashes.

So ive downloaded 1.06 and done a quick test. I have driven the entire length of the map and back again, then through different areas of the city with the autosave going off. This would have crashed my game multiple times before the new patch and i didnt experience a single crash, Its late here in London so will do a full test tomorrow with a long play session but so far so good for me.

Guest 4421288

Still not fixed!!! Don't waste time downloading the patch

Crashed on PS5 after 2hrs, which is the average from before.

Ah well already completed 2 playthroughs and 1st run at 100%. It would definitely take alot more than hotfixes to stop memory leak of a whole game. Not curious enough to do 3rd run and will check endings/decision paths on youtube.

I guess I was curious to test. Just waiting for when my game deactivates now after refund.

There was an update today and so far i haven't crashed. I'm running ps5, playing for about 3 hours. before update i would crash every hour or hr and half

So I thought f**k it and gave Cyberpunk another whirl after the new update.
Booted in and after 3 seconds lost control of my character, screen flashed green and made a weird beep and then shut down the console completely...
So much so that they only way I could turn it back on was by connecting the controller via USB and powering it on through that.
It then ran a repair and diagnostic on reboot...
I thought my console was bricked for a good minute because it wouldn't turn back on outside of using the method I described.
Even the power button didn't work!!

And just in case anyones wondering: aspects of settings are still getting reset, button inputs are STILL unresponsive in some situations and the game is STILL crashing every 1.5-2hrs.

3 patches totalling near 50gb and nothing...
What the hell!!

Guest 4421288

So I thought f**k it and gave Cyberpunk another whirl after the new update.
Booted in and after 3 seconds lost control of my character, screen flashed green and made a weird beep and then shut down the console completely...
So much so that they only way I could turn it back on was by connecting the controller via USB and powering it on through that.
It then ran a repair and diagnostic on reboot...
I thought my console was bricked for a good minute because it wouldn't turn back on outside of using the method I described.
Even the power button didn't work!!

And just in case anyones wondering: aspects of settings are still getting reset, button inputs are STILL unresponsive in some situations and the game is STILL crashing every 1.5-2hrs.

3 patches totalling near 50gb and nothing...
What the hell!!

CDPR don't care they will laugh at this post Sony made the right call removing the game

Yup good on Sony for starting that response. Xbox/PC users are trolling saying it works for them. Well not same experience for everyone, if over reaction then Sony wouldn't have done that.

In any company they will look for person(s) to blame for this. So glad internally those will be held responsible.

Digitally refund and buy physical disc from ebay/preowned for 1/3 price or just finish and refund the game I say.

It usually helps to restart console after updating (but make sure you don't only rely on autosaves first as they can get bricked in case of CP2077). After restarting the console the settings usually don't reset anymore - I did that after installing hotfix 1.05 and it worked. I'm on PS4 but it should be similar on PS5.

Crashes can be reported here:
But it might help to know more about what happened before this crash.

But yeah, unfortunately, it looks like it's still a good idea to take a break after a certain amount of time to avoid crashes. I only had 3 (normal) crashes in 20 hours but I can usually pinpoint them to playing for a longer period of time without break.

It usually helps to restart console after updating (but make sure you don't only rely on autosaves first as they can get bricked in case of CP2077). After restarting the console the settings usually don't reset anymore - I did that after installing hotfix 1.05 and it worked. I'm on PS4 but it should be similar on PS5.

Crashes can be reported here:
But it might help to know more about what happened before this crash.

But yeah, unfortunately, it looks like it's still a good idea to take a break after a certain amount of time to avoid crashes. I only had 3 (normal) crashes in 20 hours but I can usually pinpoint them to playing for a longer period of time without break.
I've restarted and reinitialised the data base after every patch, even completely reinstalled the game and I'm still having the same issues.
Nearly bricking my console was the last straw...
This is completely unacceptable

Well after a long play session test its still crashing on PS5, its not as often as it was well at least for me but the same error code crash is still persistant.

Dunno what happened. I crashed a lot in all of the previous patches but at least it was only maybe once an hour or two, now after 1.06 and after reaching a certain point in the story (act 3) I can't stop crashing at all! I feel like I boot the game back up and it starts crashing after 10 minutes of being in and going driving, or walking down Jig Jig street or something. It's completely and utterly unacceptable how unstable this game is. I was willing to soldier through the glitches and bugs because I'm really enjoying the story and the game in general, but if my game is gonna crash this often then what's the point? I'm not having fun at all. I've sent countless support emails reporting bugs and issues, never get a response. Is it normal to send these reports and not get a peep in return? Is anyone even reading them at all?

I guess Sony isn't gonna be putting the game back up on PSN any time soon if they get a zillion crash reports a day. I'd say that's as good of an indicator as anything right?

52 crashes. That's the total number of crashes I've had now on PS5 after checking the error log. I've tried everything I can to fix them; a fresh reinstall, power cycled several times, usually after a huge number of crashes in a short period of time and even rebuilt the database. Nothing helps.

52 crashes. That's the total number of crashes I've had now on PS5 after checking the error log. I've tried everything I can to fix them; a fresh reinstall, power cycled several times, usually after a huge number of crashes in a short period of time and even rebuilt the database. Nothing helps.
I had no idea this was a thing. I just took a look and I have 63 crashes in 96 hours of gameplay. That's more crashes in one game than I've had on PS3/4/5 combined in their entire lifespan.

Hi there,

I have crashes consistantly ever 1 - 1,5 hours of gameplay. This did not get any better after the 1.04 patch. Anybody else experiencing this ?

Is this going to be adressed ?
I like the game all and all but the crashes are just ruining it for me...

Anybody experiencing the same on the Playstation 5 ?

Same on the PS4 Pro. Other than that, I’m noticing tons of issues with the lights in Night City being on some kind of delay, cars popping in feet in front of my car, and a few other issues, but yes. Crashes maybe every two hours or so.

Started off day one with a crash every hour or so. Now it's lasting between 2 & 3 hrs. (ps5)

Just glad the autosave system is pretty aggressive

Guest 4421288

I had no idea this was a thing. I just took a look and I have 63 crashes in 96 hours of gameplay. That's more crashes in one game than I've had on PS3/4/5 combined in their entire lifespan.

A game that lacks so much content crashes so much

Then I look at games like Division 2 and Last of Us 2...they have NEVER crashed since installed. That's how real enemy AI is done. CP20077 enemies just crouch spam/teabag as a flinch when hit.

Amazing how one person at CDP must of been playing on a PS console and somehow throughout the whole communication process internally to other staff decided it was good enough.

All those people saying it works for them fine. If it was majority then it wouldn't have been pulled from PS store.

Imagine all those people who bought collectors edition merch, statue, chair etc but actual game was broken. It just reminds them of what was a dream.

They will fix the crashes/bugs but don't expect a fully functional transit system, more unique life path missions beyond first 1hr prologue, revamped police system, AI and more content. If they did so, it would at such a slow pace people would of moved on i.e. No Man's Sky.

Even Mass Effect Andromeda never crashed on day one regardless of content and animations.

Hi there,

I have crashes consistantly ever 1 - 1,5 hours of gameplay. This did not get any better after the 1.04 patch. Anybody else experiencing this ?

Is this going to be adressed ?
I like the game all and all but the crashes are just ruining it for me...

Anybody experiencing the same on the Playstation 5 ?
Yes!!! It is the most irritating issue!!! Playing along and then just the hard crash every couple of hours! I’m on PS5 of course, and I have not seen a change to the crash frequency since launch. It’s so frustrating because it’s so disruptive.

Top Bottom