PS5 - Crash issue.

+

Guest 4421288

Yes!!! It is the most irritating issue!!! Playing along and then just the hard crash every couple of hours! I’m on PS5 of course, and I have not seen a change to the crash frequency since launch. It’s so frustrating because it’s so disruptive.

Simply put they should of delayed it. I remember the good old days when Cartridge games cost like £60 i.e. N64 but then they had to put so much testing as back then there was no ability to patch games after release. This was why cartridge games were so expensive. But the games for PC were £30, internet to patch it so didn't have to test them as much.

I don't really care about losing £50 or fact I've got a confirmed refund. Just principle of it. It was never the content I had problem with as at least that can change over time whilst I am playing, it was the crashing even on a PS5.

Even Ubisoft games work from Day One and stable on all 3 different game engines (I think) they use for their games.

Witcher 3 I played preload soon as it activated and zero crashes finished it in 2 weeks play.

Ubisoft is perfect on day one? Someone has forgotten about "Assassin's Creed: Unity" ;)

And for the record, checking the crash log i had 21 crashes in 80+ hours with the ps5... so averaging 1 every 4 hours or so... for me it seems to primarily happen when driving and an autosave is triggered

Last edited:

Guest 4421288

Ubisoft is perfect on day one? Someone has forgotten about "Assassin's Creed: Unity" ;)

And for the record, checking the crash log i had 21 crashes in 80+ hours with the ps5... so averaging 1 every 4 hours or so... for me it seems to primarily happen when driving and an autosave is triggered

I was referring to Ubisoft games recently released. Watch Dogs Legion and AC Valhalla, at least they worked from day one.

I started playing them on PS4 then once I received PS5 the game saves carried over fine to finish the campaign. No crashes and smooth experience.

People say Witcher 3 had lots of problems and needed time to fix. But actually v 1.0 worked fine and I finished the story in less than 2 weeks before even patches finished coming out. No issues on a PS4, never even crashed which made the game even more amazing whilst visually looking great.

My only advice to people is to stop playing the game until fixed as it will just cause frustration of interruption every time it crashes. If people still feel ripped off paying full price but still want to play then take up refund offer and get physical copy off eBay. I got mine for £14 as seller lost receipt for refund. Lots are on eBay in my region.

£14 for preowned disc I feel as though I got very good value from playthrough already and will keep save files for future DLC.

"Assassin's Creed: Unity" did not crash every two hours. Yes, low FPS and bugs but not crash.

Foreal? I tried that with p.1.04 with no sucess.. Do you mean new savefiles etc ?

Ok.... It worked for a while and after some launches (I erased all and started a new play), when the game worked properly,it started to crash again...Now i face the issue, that after aprox. 1,5 hour of gameplay the game crashes... The error screen shows "CE108255-1" messege. And it happens only when playing CP2077... Sad story...

Guest 4421288

Ok.... It worked for a while and after some launches (I erased all and started a new play), when the game worked properly,it started to crash again...Now i face the issue, that after aprox. 1,5 hour of gameplay the game crashes... The error screen shows "CE108255-1" messege. And it happens only when playing CP2077... Sad story...

New update.... Still not fixed it

I didn't even have to load the game. I am skeptical enough that I knew the crashes would not be fixed.

My friends have now all received their physical and digital refunds after a month of chasing. Took ages.

Some of them like me bought ebay preowned discs from sellers who were not able to refund. All around £12-14 each. That is how much the game should be worth.

Even with latest patch the crashing is still the same. Over 1000 staff at CDP and still troubleshooting their own game.

One of my friends got the game free on PC and still with latest update too and created his own New Game Plus by hacking attribute points. How hard is that for CDP to add in that.

Also Sony had no quality control prior to listing on PS store. Going to just sell my PS5 for half price. I'm dumping it to stick to PC gaming for free single player games and choose to actually buy if developers made effort to support them.

No, the damned game ist still crashing every two hours on PS5.

That's unbelievable. What amount of thrash did they program there.

CRASHING ON CONSOLES since launch.

The crashing every 1-2 hours has to do with memory leaks in the core engine and is most likely not that easy to fix.

How do you know the leak i in the core engine ?

1. Start the game, go to some empty place where almost nothing is happeing.
2. Leave the game running until next day.
3. Go back and start playing, if game crashed during idle period the memory leaks are HUGHE.

If you could still play but maybe it's in slowmotion or crashing as soon as you try , leaks are BIG.
If you can play beut game might stutter mission updates takes longer, leaks are LOW ( but still leaking )
If you can play normal and hardly notice anything leaks are minimal or no leaks at all.

So ope world games examples.
Fallout NW: game will be in slow mo and crash very soon after starting again.
Cyberpunk: Crashed before getting back
Ghost of Tsushima: Like nothing happened and almost never crashes. 2 crashes in 100+ hours of play. With some sessions 30 hours+ ( not closing game while sleeping )
GTA: slow mo, no crash but you restart because slow mo is annoying.
Fallout 4: at release slow mo, after patches no problems anyomore.

That is just the ones I remember, but this can be found in many other games especially on console since resources are more restricted.
On gaming PC today resources are almost infinite. For a memory leak to start affecting the game on PC you might need to have it running for weeks in a row depending on your amount of GFX and OS memory size.

It‘s definitely a good idea to clear your consoles cache after the update, as explained here:

If the problem still continues to exist, you can reach support by clicking on Contact Us on that website.

It‘s definitely a good idea to clear your consoles cache after the update, as explained here:

If the problem still continues to exist, you can reach support by clicking on Contact Us on that website.
Why need to clear the cache ?
I would love a deep technical description to understand why this would help ?

I have been playing on console since playstation ONE.
I have never ever needed to do a reset/reinstall of any console.

Consoles I used since kid, Nintendo 8/16
Xbox 360
Playstation 1/2/3/4/4 Pro ( yet to get my hands on a PS5 )

So my answer to this smoke screen is simply FIX YOUR GAME.

If your game is corrupting system files on a console, your doing something in your code that most likely isn't really allowed according to agreements signed with Sony/Microsoft/SEGA or there is a MAJOR bug in their OS. And for there to be a MAJOR bug in patched and updated console os today is very very slim.

But this is how the gaming industry of some not so ethical companies been for a while now.

I played the Conan game at release and it was just about as bad as CP especially with performance and crashes.
And it was never any fault in the game it was always blamed on peoples hardware. They even blamed peoples networks and ISPs because their game did not have any bugs or issues.

They did eventually admit it was the game that had been bad, but it took 2 years or something and by then I quit playing.

I seen this crap so often I just laugh every time gaming companies blame ppls hw.

IF I HAD HARDWARE PROBLEMS
It would exist in everything else I run on that hardware also, but since every other game I play don't have problems and issues the only thing that can be faulty is YOUR game.

The probability of my other 100+ games are just "lucky" to not crash because of the hw/os issues you claim is making your game crash is null and void.

On my PS5...

Ghost Of Tsushima / 60h / Crash = ZERO
Final Fantasy 7 Remake / 60h / Crash = ZERO
Cyberpunk / 40h (for now) / Crash = 2077

Ghost Of Tsushima / 60h / Crash = ZERO
Final Fantasy 7 Remake / 60h / Crash = ZERO
Two game only develloped for playstation, maybe a start of explaining no ?
(i didn't say the playstation is the problem, and do not excuse the crashes ;) )

Last edited:
Why need to clear the cache ?
I would love a deep technical description to understand why this would help ?

I can't give you a technical explanation (you can always ask support with the website I mentioned). However, after 35 years of consoles and computers, yeah, a fresh start (which this kind of is...) CAN help with issues like that.

I can't give you a technical explanation (you can always ask support with the website I mentioned). However, after 35 years of consoles and computers, yeah, a fresh start (which this kind of is...) CAN help with issues like that.
So why have that never been needed for any game before in my 35 years of experience ?

So why have that never been needed for any game before in my 35 years of experience ?
It can happen with all sorts of game which is why most studios do recommend clearing cache for consoles and pc in case of all sorts of technical issues. If you haven’t experienced it yet you are fortunate. Anyhow, I’m not the support team nor the developer so arguing with me won’t help you here,

Top Bottom