PS5 patch 1.5 issues

+
I have to say I am amazed at how CDPR has managed disappoint me more with the PS5 release of the game compared to the initial release. I pre-ordered the game and was one of the lucky once to be able to buy a PS5 on the release date. So full of hope I started playing CP2077. After a couple of crashes and a general feeling of disappointment. I decided to wait for the PS5 version of the game. Now it's finally here and I'm not sure what has taken so long to release it.
  • The game regularly freezes, or crashes back to the dashboard.
  • The graphics (to my eyes) did not change or improve at all.
  • There are some more people in the world but they all walk around like mindless zombies crashing into one another.
  • You receive a cool Katana (Black Unicorn) that you can upgrade to epic -> legendary. BUT if you upgrade it to legendary before the Automatic Love quest (where you need to store all your weapons) you won't be able to use it anymore after getting your weapons back. Because all of a sudden you need to be lvl 34 to use the katana.
  • During the Delamain Don't lose you mind. You kill some enemies above the electrocuted floor. If, after finishing the quest (when you get your Delemain car) you go back into the building to loot those enemies. You will be stuck in the building and can't get out because all the doors out of the control room are locked.
  • Frequently there are graphical glitches and artifacts on the screen, dead bodies glitching out and elongating etc.

I should have requested the refund when Sony pulled the game from the story.

Michael

P.S. this is a fresh install

Attachments

• CP2077 - katana.jpg
    CP2077 - katana.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
I have to say I am amazed at how CDPR has managed disappoint me more with the PS5 release of the game compared to the initial release. I pre-ordered the game and was one of the lucky once to be able to buy a PS5 on the release date. So full of hope I started playing CP2077. After a couple of crashes and a general feeling of disappointment. I decided to wait for the PS5 version of the game. Now it's finally here and I'm not sure what has taken so long to release it.
  • There are some more people in the world but they all walk around like mindless zombies crashing into one another.
  • You receive a cool Katana (Black Unicorn) that you can upgrade to epic -> legendary. BUT if you upgrade it to legendary before the Automatic Love quest (where you need to store all your weapons) you won't be able to use it anymore after getting your weapons back. Because all of a sudden you need to be lvl 34 to use the katana.
  • During the Delamain Don't lose you mind. You kill some enemies above the electrocuted floor. If, after finishing the quest (when you get your Delemain car) you go back into the building to loot those enemies. You will be stuck in the building and can't get out because all the doors out of the control room are locked.
  • Frequently there are graphical glitches and artifacts on the screen, dead bodies glitching out and elongating etc.

Michael

Pretty sure this is valuable feedback that CDPR would be interested to hear. I would recommend that you consider to pass these issues to Support. Since you mention 6 issues, it would be best to sent 6 bug-reports, but if you're not in the mood to bother, then you could always send all 6 in 1 report.

Whether you're reporting or not, here's the link to CDPR Support. Just select what counts for you until you come across a tap that says, "Contact us".

In the event you're not reporting, these issues will remain unknown, and therefor unattended and unfixed.

I had big problems like you on my PS5 before 1.5, mostly crashing the game (including complete PS5 hung ups forcing to cold boot the console). I'm using (verifing) with the disc in drive. Since the new install of the PS5 version I did not have any real performance issues besides some stuttering in car traffic.

Did you import a PS4 save game? My guess is that the quality of the save files is the basic problem. They changed so much of the code, it would be a wonder if the savegames (i mean the content in them of trigger points of quests etc.) could be ok.

I had big problems like you on my PS5 before 1.5, mostly crashing the game (including complete PS5 hung ups forcing to cold boot the console). I'm using (verifing) with the disc in drive. Since the new install of the PS5 version I did not have any real performance issues besides some stuttering in car traffic.

Did you import a PS4 save game? My guess is that the quality of the save files is the basic problem. They changed so much of the code, it would be a wonder if the savegames (i mean the content in them of trigger points of quests etc.) could be ok.
Nope, this is a fresh PS5 install and I started a new game.

Nope, this is a fresh PS5 install and I started a new game.
Really sorry you're having issues, my experience so far on the next gen version has been pretty flawless. The only issue I've experienced is that some of the loot hit boxes seem to be a bit off (have to look 15° left or right off the object sometimes.

Might seem like stupid question but have you definitely got the next gen version installed? (female v and ps5 on the ICON)

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that :( I now put something about 15h in my 1.5 game, and did not experience any crashes anymore... The usual graphic glitches are there, but no more crashes.

I remember once having to do some system vodoo on PS4 when I had problems with Witcher 3, I think it was called to clear the PS4 system cash. Maybe you want to google for that...

Here you can read into that issue: https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-clean-the-cache-on-ps5

Good luck my friend!

I've been playing from a fresh ps5 install after 1.5, and so far in about 40+ hours, no real issues.
Except today on my monowire cool/reflex build, for some reason kerenzikov stopped working, and I just made it to rank 15 reflex to buy the sandevistan, but it also refuses to slow down time (although I see the buff icon when I activate it). I'm not sure it's because i took skills in Blades that affect dodging. The one that increases your melee dmg after a dodge displays weird buffs icons (duplicating cooldown icons of other skills).
I suppose I could refund all my skills and test if it works again after that...

EDIT: When starting the game back up the next day, both kerenzikov and sandevistan worked again. Go figure.

Last edited:
I've been playing from a fresh ps5 install after 1.5, and so far in about 40+ hours, no real issues.
Except today on my monowire cool/reflex build, for some reason kerenzikov stopped working, and I just made it to rank 15 reflex to buy the sandevistan, but it also refuses to slow down time (although I see the buff icon when I activate it). I'm not sure it's because i took skills in Blades that affect dodging. The one that increases your melee dmg after a dodge displays weird buffs icons (duplicating cooldown icons of other skills).
I suppose I could refund all my skills and test if it works again after that...
That's exactly what I would suggest. But simply save before and keep this save (if nothing work, it's useless to wast money).

Michael

My 2 cents as a fresh player who waited for the PS5 version and only have enjoyed it for the last 2 days:
Since I spend those 15 months waiting mainly playing ARK my perception of a playable quality game might have been compromised but Cyberpunk is imho still in early acces and needs a lot more polish.
Most of these issues did happen to me as well but sofar restarting or reloading a savegame did fix the issue for the time being. It all seems very random since I'm not able to recreate the issues wich makes it very difficult to create a decent bug report.

Still, I'm having a good time cruising from one side quest to another. But yes, I feel your pain as you backed the game from start while I just had the free trial as well as the 50% off.

Top Bottom