PS5 - US owners of GotY edition are ineligible for the PS5 update

+
I'm going to post this in the hopes that CDPR can do something about this (if possible).

GotY Edition- Euro version that includes all DLC
Complete Edition - US version that includes all DLC

It's my understanding that these two versions are identical aside from their names. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
playstation network is making a distinction between these two versions and a PS5 upgrade is not available (for free) in the US for owners of the GotY version.

Thank you

edit: apologies for not posting this in the playstation subforum

Moreover, I bought DLC s for the launch edition when they came out but those are not available to me for the PS5 version.

I'm going to post this in the hopes that CDPR can do something about this (if possible).

GotY Edition- Euro version that includes all DLC
Complete Edition - US version that includes all DLC

It's my understanding that these two versions are identical aside from their names. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
playstation network is making a distinction between these two versions and a PS5 upgrade is not available (for free) in the US for owners of the GotY version.

Thank you

edit: apologies for not posting this in the playstation subforum
Same problem even in Europe. I bought the GOTY and I don´t have the option to upgrade to the next gen, the only way for me to get it (right now) is to buy the game again in other edition.

No idea if it's related to the release times which are usually different on console than on PC:

Also check out this information regarding the PS5 version (might be connected):

You can also send a ticket to support here:

(but I'm guessing that the problem will be solved in a few hours, we'll see...)

Same problem even in Europe. I bought the GOTY and I don´t have the option to upgrade to the next gen, the only way for me to get it (right now) is to buy the game again in other edition.
Got the same issue with PlayStation store UK. I would have thought if I have the GOTY edition I’d get a PS5 upgrade without having to purchase the game again

I had a similar problem here in Poland - the game wouldn't recognize my PS4 version as eligible for upgrade and it kept showing me the option to purchase the game.

What solved it for me was inserting the game disc - after that the option to upgrade automatically appeared and I was able to download it.

If that doesn't work however, please give it some time, as @devivre linked above - CDPR is aware of those issues and are working on resolving them.

I had a similar problem here in Poland - the game wouldn't recognize my PS4 version as eligible for upgrade and it kept showing me the option to purchase the game.

What solved it for me was inserting the game disc - after that the option to upgrade automatically appeared and I was able to download it.

If that doesn't work however, please give it some time, as @devivre linked above - CDPR is aware of those issues and are working on resolving them.
I think it’s now been resolved in the uk. I inserted the disc again, and it gave me the option to free download to the “complete edition” (which I hope the expansions are also free). When loaded it’s changed to version 4.0 with a message telling me about the changes to the haptic triggers etc. so fingers crossed. As I said I just hope I get the blood wine and hearts of stone expansions for free like on the GOTY edition

I'm having a similar problem. I have a PS4 launch edition disc and when I insert the disc in the PS5 the game is not recognized so I can't download the upgrade.

I have tried the following to resolve, and it still doesn't recognize the disc: 1. cleaned disc/ double checked that it is inserted the right way, 2. rebooted PS5 from safe mode, 3. rebuild PS5 database, 4. restored all my game licenses. I also have the latest firmware and am connected to the internet. My disc drive works as a tried other PS4 and PS5 game disc. Is this a known issue?

I'm having a similar problem. I have a PS4 launch edition disc and when I insert the disc in the PS5 the game is not recognized so I can't download the upgrade.

I have tried the following to resolve, and it still doesn't recognize the disc: 1. cleaned disc/ double checked that it is inserted the right way, 2. rebooted PS5 from safe mode, 3. rebuild PS5 database, 4. restored all my game licenses. I also have the latest firmware and am connected to the internet. My disc drive works as a tried other PS4 and PS5 game disc. Is this a known issue?
Have you tried searching in the PlayStation store for the complete edition with the disc still inserted?

Guest 4669795

I'm on the ps 5 and I own the complete edition on ps 4, and I had no issues at all getting the complete edition ps5 upgrade, plus I even got the free items I could claim.

Have you tried searching in the PlayStation store for the complete edition with the disc still inserted?
Yes, the disc is unreadable, so it's like the game is not even in the drive. I have a physical launch edition copy and a season pass, not complete edition, searching in the store just show the buttons to purchase the digital version.

So it looks like if you're state-side with the GotY edition, you're SOL with regards to a free ps5 upgrade. I borrowed a friends "Complete" edition, and as expected, it installed alongside the GotY edition and the ps5 upgrade was immediately available for free, despite being the same game with the same DLCs.
You can create a UK PSN account and download the free upgrade, however.

If you're in Euro, and curious as to why Americans would be buying Euro versions of the game, yall would be amazed how often Euro versions are sold over here (particularly from online retailers) and often for less (it's for sale on Amazon and Walmart). Obviously people aren't reading the 0.01 font-sized message on the back which stipulates "for sale in Europe, India, and Russia only". :ROFLMAO:

This is quite an absurd issue and CDPR needs to work it out with Sony. I bought the game on Amazon recently in anticipation for the next-gen release. Luckily I was still within the return window and proceeded with that, then bought the digital version for PS5. Nonetheless I wrote to CDPR to see if they are going to work this out for others but they basically told me that if your regions don't match your are SOL.

Top Bottom