Ps5 version stability issues since patch 1.2

+
First and foremost i want to clearify that this is not a complain thread but rather a compiled list of issues i found and experienced on Ps5 version since patch 1.1

So i went back to the game after patch 1.2 to do a new playthrough of the game mostly for my own enjoyment since i have already spent 200h and finished it aswell as Platinumed the game to see whats been improved and what not.

Off to a bad start the first thing that i notice was the way longer loading times and its very noticable, Dont get me wrong i died alot on my second playthrough on the hardest difficulty so sitting in loading screens are now way longer but also worse due to the fact that some of them are completely broken/blackscreens.

The world do not seam to load correctly and properly due to people falling off the map while driving with the Caliburn at high speed, This is PS5 related from what ive heard.

But the biggest problem right now is the stabillity issues that seam to be piling up, During the mission at Clouds i crashed not just while i was in the building but also in the cutscene with Johnny after the elevator ride when you get a relic malfunction and seam to be related to either combat or cutscenes and has been crashing way to often since the patch.

Other PS5 issues: CE-108255-1 One stabillity Issue error code that have been present since launch of the game is in jigjig street that still haven't been adressed causing a huge amount of crashes while just visiting around that area, while driving or aming/shooting with a weapon. This makes the mission like visiting Fingers when you are looking for Evelyn Parker uplayable due to the high possibility of crashing at anytime.

At this point i would like to see more fixes regarding the stability and preformance of the game across all platforms not just PS5 rather than just huge list of bug fixes dont get me wrong fixing the bugs are great and all and i do understand that the developers work there sweat and tears to provide a soild product in question. But we are about 5 months in since launch and we still have day 1 issues regarding stabillity on some platforms.

The patch 1.2 experiance in my opinion has been worse stabillity wise and i would argue that 1.1 was more stable overall even tho my playthrough havent been completed as of yet.

Last edited:
Invested some hours in PS5 gameplay yesterday, it's still crashing when it has to load an huge amount of things.
What a joke.

Different console, but similar situation. Series S. I had loads of issues at first, but I found it was partly due to the game being on the external drive. (even though it worked OK before the patch on the external) once I put cp2077 on the internal drive it sped right up.

Still have a few graphic glitches and during the escape from konpeki plaza when a lot of npcs on screen the game slowed and stuttered a lot, with jerky frame rates etc. Had some weird black geometry protruding and flickering through the walls and floor. 3D 'mountains' and spikes appearing.
I'd seen something like that before (Judy being followed by what looked like a swarm of black bats on the way to see maiko), but that was the xbox one x.
But yeah anyway, if you haven't already got the game on your internal drive, give it a go. It helped a bit with mine.

Different console, but similar situation. Series S. I had loads of issues at first, but I found it was partly due to the game being on the external drive. (even though it worked OK before the patch on the external) once I put cp2077 on the internal drive it sped right up.

Still have a few graphic glitches and during the escape from konpeki plaza when a lot of npcs on screen the game slowed and stuttered a lot, with jerky frame rates etc. Had some weird black geometry protruding and flickering through the walls and floor. 3D 'mountains' and spikes appearing.
I'd seen something like that before (Judy being followed by what looked like a swarm of black bats on the way to see maiko), but that was the xbox one x.
But yeah anyway, if you haven't already got the game on your internal drive, give it a go. It helped a bit with mine.
Ive had the game stored on the PS5's Internal drive due to the very fast read speed but question if that can even cause random crashes or loading issues. And i do wounder if its a chance that the instability is due to the silly fast ssd along side the fact that the ps5 version is the ps4 pro version running via backwards compatibility on the Ps5. From what ive heard some games had some srs issues due to the ssd with backwards compatibility. Most likely its just the game.

game crashes regularly for me as well... hell it crashed more frequently than it did with 1.1 ... I was hoping that an entire section regarding stability in the patch notes, would stop the constant crashing for good... and yet situation is the exact same if not worse... i cant even fathom it tbh...

Ive had the game stored on the PS5's Internal drive due to the very fast read speed but question if that can even cause random crashes or loading issues. And i do wounder if its a chance that the instability is due to the silly fast ssd along side the fact that the ps5 version is the ps4 pro version running via backwards compatibility on the Ps5. From what ive heard some games had some srs issues due to the ssd with backwards compatibility. Most likely its just the game.
Hmm yeah that's a good point. Although it happened in the reverse for me. The patch caused huge problems until I moved back to the internal drive. I'm guessing the external drive is too slow and maybe even just the fact that it's external..?
But yeah I'm not fully sure what the tech side is all about there. I can only guess. Really hope you (and others) can find a solution, it really puts a downer on the gameplay when the performance is sketchy.

Hmm yeah that's a good point. Although it happened in the reverse for me. The patch caused huge problems until I moved back to the internal drive. I'm guessing the external drive is too slow and maybe even just the fact that it's external..?
But yeah I'm not fully sure what the tech side is all about there. I can only guess. Really hope you (and others) can find a solution, it really puts a downer on the gameplay when the performance is sketchy.
Yeah i tried to put the game on an external HDD just for fun and stuff took forever to load in the world so i dont reccomend it lol (Use the built in drive). For the crash issues regarding CE-108255-1 its a data issue between the console and the game where the console dont know what to do with the all the data thats suppose to be streamed in causing the console to crash. So its either going to be patched in a future game update or if the console manufacturer finds a solution and patch it in a system software update.

Top Bottom