Ps5 version wont start "Insert disc"

+
Downloaded the ps5 version and have tried with both data disc and play disc but the game still wont start. It keeps telling me to insert the ps4 version of this game.

The disc is in becouse it shows up as a ps4 game aswell as ps5. Been like this since the update. Anyone have a clue how to fix it?

Hey bud, I'm stuck at the same problem. First I couldn't get the free update because of some region issue, now I managed to dload the nextgen version, but can't launch it with the ps4 play disc (nor the data disc). My guess is that this has something to do with region stuff again. I'm based in Finland, Europe if that matters. I think you are suppposed to be able to play the PS5 version with the PS4 play disc.

For all problems like that, the best could be to directly contact the support :
And important :
"Please note that if your game copy or account is from a different region than Europe it still needs to match with the game's CUSA code for it to work. In such cases we recommend creating a new account in that region."

I don't think that fiddling with your account's region stuff should be a viable fix. They need to officially address this.

I am aware of this. Thanks for your input. So there might be a chance this will be fixed and I should be able to play without resorting to creating new accounts?
To make a new PSN account with a different region you will need a different email address, right? And you won't be able to link the new account to a new PS+ subscription either?

Last edited:
I am aware of this. Thanks for your input. So there might be a chance this will be fixed and I should be able to play without resorting to creating new accounts?
Maybe, only if Sony (+CDPR) decide to do it (remove any localisation restrictions). If not, no chance (I think, very, very unlikely)
You can also ask to Playstation support.

Top Bottom