PSA: Alchemical formulas for Dyes DO NOT contribute to the tally count for your Acquired Tolerance ability from the Alchemy tree !! >=(

+

A.P.P.

Forum veteran
[. . .]
Surely this has been something that was ascertained and discovered by the players as early as Blood & Wine was released (and hence -- the Dyes that came with it ! ) !!

AND YET, here we are, 7 (SEVEN !!!) YEARS LATER, and many, MANY patches down the line, and this hasn't been addressed AT ALL !!

Man... tell me... is there ANYONE for whom this would-be "Next-Gen" Update actually made the game BETTER,
EXCEPT for СDРR's direct relatives and associates,
who all have the $$$ to easily and safely afford the latest and top-of-the-line hardware? :O

[. . .]

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's intended, who knows. After all, dyes aren't for drinking, so I don't see why they would contribute to your overall ability to chug toxic brews.

Then again, blade oils and bombs aren't drinkable either, but they increase your tolerance for some reason. Odd... Maybe witchers sniff them to make sure they're up to snuff, hence the tolerance. But if sniffing increases tolerance, wouldn't sniffing dyes provide you with the same effect? So why don't they?

Gah! 'Tis a maddening riddle, to be sure...

A.P.P.

Forum veteran

After all, dyes aren't for drinking, so I don't see why they would contribute to your overall ability to chug toxic brews.

it doesn't really matter. They are ALCHEMY substances which you LEARN to produce via a paper-written FORMULA.
And, as such, they clearly SHOULD contribute to the Acquired Tolerance tally.

Then again, blade oils and bombs aren't drinkable either, but they increase your tolerance

So do MUTAGEN formulas too ! :)

Hm, now that I think of it... I'm not sure whether DYES are THE ONLY exceptions...
Are you aware whether Nigredo / Albedo / Rubedo, etc... dusts ... whether these substances ALSO increase your tally? :O

I was just doing the quest in Toussaint where you have to prepare a BAIT for a Shaelmaar contract and I discovered something interesting...

...AND NEW, at least for me... :

Formulas for .... QUEST ITEMS ... DO contribute to the tally for ACQUIRED TOLERANCE !!!

At least THAT one did... idk about the rest / all... :S

Therefore, regarding this:

Are you aware whether Nigredo / Albedo / Rubedo, etc... dusts ... whether these substances ALSO increase your tally? :O

i'm ... assuming that... YES... they DO !!

(but, again, it's just an assumption... )

is there ANYONE for whom this would-be "Next-Gen" Update actually made the game BETTER
Yes indeed! I won't remind graphics, but there are at least two gameplay changes (plus minor fixes) which outweight nerfed Acquired Tolerance: auto oils and increased chance of getting formulae. Though, I'd ignore this dyes matter if not nerf of Heightened Tolerance... geez, I have nowhere to spend ability points since level 23 (well, unitl B&W of course, but still), and now I can't invest 5 points into the latter ability to become able to drink 3 decoctions at the same time w/o wasting another ability slot to Metabolic Control...

Top Bottom