Public beta changes poll

+

Public beta changes poll

• Yes, it feels like a whole new game.

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • No, I'd prefer only small changes for balancing.

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters
Public beta changes poll

Like everyone else I'm very exited about the upcoming public beta, and even more exited about the changes CDPR implemented into the game.
I'm mostly talking about the changes in card abilities and stats and not about the premiums/avatars/graphics.
I was almost positive that there wouldn't be any drastic changes in cards abilities, and was very surprised to read the card descriptions posted.

On one hand there is the question of "What did we test since the positioning patch? Why don't they keep everything as it is with small balancing changes?"

On the other hand, after reading the list of changes, it feels like a new, different game entirly and I'm happy about it because i was afraid I would get bored with the same meta and more of the same old except the fact that i'll have grind a new card collection.

So what do you think? Are you happy with the fact that game will change so much in the public beta?

The question isn't wether u like the changes or not, naturally we can't judge the situation before we played, and time will tell.
I was asking if you think that such a drastic change, shortly after a big patch is a good idea.

I really like most important change - removed faction abilities, extra mulligan, adding power to leaders and redesigned weather. I also like they try add more different archetypes for each faction. But I really did not like NR redesign. All new NR units are too complicated and in original preview they were too strong and after yesterday preview they are too weak and I did not see how to bance them because core design is bad in my opinion. Also I don't like how balance of some cards, some are still clearly OP and some really bad, but at least I see many positive changes in yesterday update.

Also removing all vanilla units is big mistake, Gwent is becoming too confusing for new players. We did not need vanilla for each faction, but I really think they should have one neutral vanilla for each color for starter decks and tutorials. They even use different cards with same pictures in tutorial, which only confuse new players, which is really problematic when we are now going to open beta.

While some core changes were very needed, I just can't support them changing pretty much every single card (with some exceptions). I don't see myself sticking around for very long if the balance patches are gonna be so swingy. So I hope that's the first and the last time they do it and then employ a gradual approach from now on.

Last edited:
My answer is NO.

Here is too much changes and even if I know Gwent cards from W3 or closed beta, now is the describe each card more different then before. It is like: "you have a heart ace, but now you can play the king of pikes with same figure." It´s very confusing and describe is more complicated than before.

Please feel free to take part in the poll or not. We certainly don't need debates about whether the poll should exist. It's counter-productive to the poll.

When i got OBT first round i was messed up, all cards totaly changed their abilities. I cant get it right now. And ressurect now is not a point at all. Many card have "shield" that one card - trebuchet ignoring it at all. I feel like all card was downgraded. Just check it out how game flow can be changed with just one small ability. And now, it feels just wrong. It's totaly wrong when game changing all mechanics at once. Better to change a little thing one at time.

Reiler222;n8595170 said:
I am the only one who wants the faction abilities back?
Totaly agree!

Last edited:
It feels so polished. They have Ciri and Geralt voice-acting the tutorial, ffs. The UX is fantastic. I fangirled so hard.

"it feels like a whole new game" is not an inherently positive proposition
I liked the game that existed.
And no, that doesn't mean I'm opposed to balances or refinements or new bells and whistles. The fundamentals of the game have been drastically overhauled to the point where it doesn't even feel like Gwent. It feels more generic.

Top Bottom