+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
Public beta FAQ

GAME

What is GWENT?

GWENT is a competitive card game developed by CD PROJEKT RED — creators of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. In GWENT, gamers clash with friends in fast-paced duels that combine skill-based play with bluffing, and careful deck construction. The game is played over a best-of-three series of rounds, as players unleash their hand by slinging spells and diverse units with special abilities, and use clever tricks to deceive their opponents.

Is GWENT a free game?

GWENT is a free to play game offering optional in-game purchases.

What are the platforms you will release the game on?

GWENT is expected to release on Xbox One, PC and PlayStation 4.

When does the beta end? What’s the release date of GWENT 1.0?

We plan to go out of beta when the game is feature-rich, polished and sufficiently tested. Version 1.0, which we will consider the first out-of-beta version, will introduce single player story campaigns. 1.0 is just the beginning for GWENT — the game is going to be continuously updated with features and cards.

What are the rules of GWENT? Where can I get to know the basics?

The game features an interactive tutorial built right in, but if you just want to read about the basics, please click here.

Do I get any rewards for playing matches? How does it work?

You get rewarded for winning rounds and matches, leveling up, gaining ranks in Ranked Match mode, as well as at the end of a ranked play season. You also get a small reward for receiving a Good Game from your opponent at the end of a match.

Do I need to know The Witcher universe to have fun?

GWENT is a completely standalone experience. Despite being based on The Witcher games and books, you need not know anything about the universe to have fun.

Do I need to know anything about card games to enjoy GWENT?

Not at all! You’ll learn the basics of GWENT in just a few minutes, but as you continue to play and experiment with different deck setups, you’ll see card synergies and combinations unavailable to novice players. This is what makes GWENT both friendly for beginners and attractive to professionals.

Who are the people creating GWENT?

GWENT is designed and developed entirely by CD PROJEKT RED. The story and single player segment of the game is designed and developed by the people who created The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

What game modes are available in GWENT?

Right now you can play a casual match or ranked match, and a series of challenges. You can also practice your skills against the AI. New modes are planned to be added in the future.

Can I play GWENT in “story mode”?

In a nutshell: yes, but not just now. Single player campaigns will be available in the 1.0 version of GWENT, when the game comes out of beta.

Do you plan to introduce new content as the game matures?

You bet we do! Since the launch of Closed Beta, we’ve expanded the game to feature additional cards and mechanics like ranked play and player rankings. And as time passes, we plan on making GWENT even bigger, with single-player adventures, new language versions, game modes and more.

Do you support cross-play / cross-buy, i.e. purchasing items on platform A and using them on platform B / playing with gamers on other platforms?

CROSS-PLAY: We can confirm cross-play between Xbox One & PC, and PlayStation 4 & PC. Xbox One and PlayStation 4 cross-play is not possible.

CROSS-BUY: When GWENT launches on Windows 10 as an UWP (Universal Windows Platform) application, the account between UWP and Xbox One will be shared. That means progress and cards are shared between both platforms. Otherwise, every platform is independant and your progress will not be synchronized if you switch platforms.

How old do I have to be to play GWENT?

To play GWENT, you have to be at least 12 years old. However, please remember that if you are under 18, you should have your parent or guardian agree to the User Agreement in your name.

Will you offer a box edition of GWENT?

There are no such plans at the moment.

Are you supporting esports?

GWENT becoming an esport is all in the hands of the community. We’re already observing fan-powered tournaments online, and we organized GWENT Challenger to let Closed Beta participants battle it out for a bigger prize pool, but it’s up to gamers to determine what the future brings.

PUBLIC BETA

How can I get access to Public Beta?

Click here and register to play now. On consoles, you can also simply visit Xbox Store or PlayStation Store and download the game there.

Do you plan on wiping accounts in the future?

No further account progress wipes are planned, but — since GWENT is still in the beta stage of development — however unlikely, wipes are technically still possible. If we need to reset your beta progress, we will inform about that in advance.

What are the languages supported by GWENT Public Beta?

Currently, the Public Beta build of GWENT is available in English, Polish, French, Russian, German, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, Latin American Spanish, and Japanese. We plan on introducing additional language localizations in the future.

Do I have to register on GOG.com to participate in the Closed Beta of GWENT?

In Public Beta, having an account on GOG.com is necessary only if you’re playing on PC. You can sign up for free here.

What is GOG Galaxy?

GOG Galaxy is a game client powering the multiplayer and matchmaking aspects of GWENT. Thanks to GOG Galaxy, you will always run the latest version of the game as it handles all the updates for you. If you want to, you can find out more about GOG Galaxy on www.gog.com/galaxy.

On Xbox One / PlayStation 4, do I need Xbox Live Gold / PlayStation Plus to play?

On XBOX One, you need to have an active Xbox Live Gold membership to play.
On PlayStation 4, PlayStation Plus membership is not required to play.

TECHNICAL & MISCELLANEOUS

What are the system requirements for GWENT?

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Celeron G1820 | AMD A4-7300
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 or GeForce GT 7900 | AMD Radeon R5 330 or Radeon HD 4650
Resolution: 1280 x 720 minimum display resolution
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 4 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i3 6100 | AMD FX-6300
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 | AMD Radeon R7 265
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 4 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card

Xbox One HDD storage: 4 GB available space.
Internet connection is required to play.
Xbox Live Gold is required to play.

PlayStation 4 HDD storage: 5.5 GB available space.
PlayStation Plus is not required to play.

Is an Internet connection required to play?

Can I publish videos and screenshots from the Public Beta?

Yes you can, however, we’d like to kindly ask you to state that you’re playing a Beta version of the game.

The game crashes on my setup / I think I’ve encountered a bug, where can I get help?

First off, we’re sorry that you encountered technical difficulties. We’re continuously working on the game and eliminating issues with each build. Please visit our forums to seek help and check for possible workarounds for your problem, or contact our support teams directly at playgwent.com/support

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom