Public transportation system in NC

+
They could not teach people to ride motorcycles, which are in the game, and you want it. This says a lot about the CDPR.

Can you drive these? I've yet to come across them.

No, in the game's encyclopedia they are described as fully automatic, like Delamain taxis. You can enter them through a hidden door.
Post automatically merged:

I'll have to check next time one stops and beeps at me for crossing the road in front of it. Just had this happened to me today.

I have never seen any bus go on the street! Do you know they can be accessed through a hidden door?

Last edited:
This is something that it might well be worth getting a modding crew onto, once we have a better toolset. I'd really like working NCART, but I don't see it being a priority for CD Projekt because, as people say, most players will still use the Witcher 3 signposts.

The bottom line is the game should have been pushed back at least a year to fully complete it development, and not just avoid so much cut content but also avoid at least some of the crunch the developers were under and probably still are now to fix it all up.

I would have rather waited a further year or even two to have a completely fleshed out game with close to no bugs at release.

The train rides would surely be something fun to add, but would anyone really be using it after trying it a couple of times.
I can't imagine the amount of work needed to implement this feature together with npcs(after these were also fixed), imagine drawing a weapon during a ride and having all npcs panic'ing inside a locked moving train...
Though I can imagine a mission on which a cyberpsycho would make lots of npcs hostages, or something in the lines of Train to Busan lol
Once the NCPD AI is fixed, the train could also be used to run away for the police, but then we'd have another squad of NCPD waiting for us on the next station, duh!

I would have rather waited a further year or even two to have a completely fleshed out game with close to no bugs at release.

I agree. It might have been the game that rules them all... if we were presented with 80% of what was promised during various interviews and presentations.

In spite of all its flaws I really like CP2077, so I am trying to avoid cynicism for now. I'd like to give CDPR a benefit of the doubt and believe that they can (and are willing to) fix the most important aspects of the game. But I am not very optimistic about this whole situation.

The train rides would surely be something fun to add, but would anyone really be using it after trying it a couple of times.

Probably. But how many times did we rob the train in RDR2? Two? Three? And yet it's is possible, and making it work as intended required a lot of developer's time. I guess if you really want to create a believable world, you need to properly balance effectiveness with efficiency. Both are important. The monorail tracks and monorail stations are everywhere in NC. Yet you can not ride the train that you can see moving above your head. For me it is very "unimmersive".

Last edited:
I recall I used train in Watchdogs twice. Once it helped me to spot something. Not going to finish that game regardless of train.

Game play scenarios in this game regarding trains. Small, very packed tubes. I don't think I need these.

I can't imagine the amount of work needed to implement this feature...

There are a lot of single use, or little used, throw away things in this game. The devs did not appear to shy away from saving money or development time by dropping things that were not heavily used.

The key is that no released story really needed the Metro. I have found only one story that included the Metro, and that was an unmarked side quest where the Metro was a key part, but not a vital part. If they had compelling stories piled up that required a subway or train system, it would be in the game.

I know I would. I try to use fast travel as little as possible because to me it just feels cheap. I only use them if I don't have a lot of time to play and I need to get somewhere fast. But with this game, I would rather see the surroundings as I get from point A to point B.

Exactly. I am afraid that the editor (software) is needed in order to remake small parts of the city (tracks and stations) and create some new interiors. And, as far as I know, there are no plans for releasing SDK tools.

Yes, we'd pretty much need RedKit, and as far as I can see there hasn't been a public release since 2013. I want RedKit for some other modding I want to do on Cyberpunk and on Witcher III, too.

The key is that no released story really needed the Metro. I have found only one story that included the Metro, and that was an unmarked side quest where the Metro was a key part, but not a vital part. If they had compelling stories piled up that required a subway or train system, it would be in the game.

If there was a working Metro, there would soon be compelling stories which needed it.

No, in the game's encyclopedia they are described as fully automatic, like Delamain taxis. You can enter them through a hidden door.

I have never seen any bus go on the street! Do you know they can be accessed through a hidden door?
Ah, that's a shame. The bus looks cool, was hoping to drive it. Never seen them in my playthrough yet.

msxyz

Forum regular
The hardcover "collector edition' guide of Cyberpunk 2077 has V sitting in a metro cab as cover image :cry:
(same concept art that was revealed a couple of years ago=

The amount of details poured into the monorail system (including station and a real track with switches) is a dead giveaway that at some point a public transportation system was included. It doesn't make sense to devote such efforts to details otherwise invisible to players.

The hardcover "collector edition' guide of Cyberpunk 2077 has V sitting in a metro cab as cover image :cry:
(same concept art that was revealed a couple of years ago=

The amount of details poured into the monorail system (including station and a real track with switches) is a dead giveaway that at some point a public transportation system was included. It doesn't make sense to devote such efforts to details otherwise invisible to players.
There are 2 likely scenarios in this situation and it's hard to tell which it would be. #1 being that they had added it, but during testing found it to not be as fun as imagined and so disabled it. (But then why not remove the entire thing?) and #2 They want to add it but wasn't completely bug free by time of release so it was disabled until bugs could be worked out.

The interactive monorail system was certainly in development. There are many leftovers of this system (e.g. usually inaccessible and unfinished stations above the ground level) in various places.

Here's one of the (still functional) elevators that leads to the populated station:

View attachment 11163296

And the interior of this station:

View attachment 11163299
It's shocking how much Cyberpunk has cut content! And how this cut content is seen at a glance. It's not hidden at all! Other games hide at least cut content in different ways. But here it is directly. :(:(

It has occurred to me that they might be planning a Transportation DLC to activate content that was not ready at launch. Naturally, I have no idea if they are even thinking that. For all I know, they are thinking more along the lines of a Multiplayer DLC and a Cash Store DLC. :shrug:

Great Research and most interesting post, thanks

In the first memorable post-apocalyptic cyberpunk city and wastelands game Neocron, launched in 2002, you could ( and still can) enter stations, get in the subway cars and see first and third person views of high speed tunnel travel and get out at the many stations. It's a fully functional public transit system, 18 years ago....I don't have any photos of the subway to hand but might add some...

If they could do it then, we should be seeing massive public travel options now... monorail, flying taxis, self drive or hire sky cabs, and where are the millions of motorbikes on the road as in any present day Asian city..? I

Also where are people getting on and off buses?

For personal use, I'd like hover boards and bikes, rollerblades, hang gliders and bar chutes too, as well as boats... jet packs Mando style from modders soon, I hope.

Neocron_-_Box_Front.jpg

Top Bottom