Public transportation system in NC

+
That switching halt looks way too detailed and in depth for an inaccessible, set dressing location.

As far as I remember, there are more of them in different parts of the city. The developers made getting there really hard with the use of invisible walls and "sliding" surfaces (textures). Even if one manages to climb on the track nearby, it's very difficult to maintain balance in the vicinity of such switching halts.

As far as I remember, there are more of them in different parts of the city. The developers made getting there really hard with the use of invisible walls and "sliding" surfaces (textures). Even if one manages to climb on the track nearby, it's very difficult to maintain balance in the vicinity of such switching halts.
Yeah, it definitely feels like cut content imo.

The only way that public transit adds to the game is if the NPC AI is massively improved. If you have the chance for interesting encounters and interactions with NPCs while riding a train, it becomes fun. If you might get mugged, have a pervert try to grope you up, get engaged in a fascinating NPC conversation, or get some interesting and unique missions, then it's a really interesting and fun element.

Otherwise it's just a way to get around the city more slowly than you could otherwise.

The only way that public transit adds to the game is if the NPC AI is massively improved. If you have the chance for interesting encounters and interactions with NPCs while riding a train, it becomes fun. If you might get mugged, have a pervert try to grope you up, get engaged in a fascinating NPC conversation, or get some interesting and unique missions, then it's a really interesting and fun element.

Otherwise it's just a way to get around the city more slowly than you could otherwise.
I would definitely enjoy seeing those sorts of encounters, no doubt about it, but even without I feel its a worthwhile addition. The view of the city from above is unique and beautiful - there are many opportunities for such views from the monorail system in the game.

I would definitely enjoy seeing those sorts of encounters, no doubt about it, but even without I feel its a worthwhile addition. The view of the city from above is unique and beautiful - there are many opportunities for such views from the monorail system in the game.

But think about it from a dev perspective. You are going to implement stations, trains, physics for them, logic for train arrivals and departures, and all the other "train things"...just to give players a nice view of the city? Much easier to just let players connect to the drones and AVs flying overhead and get views from there.

But think about it from a dev perspective. You are going to implement stations, trains, physics for them, logic for train arrivals and departures, and all the other "train things"...just to give players a nice view of the city? Much easier to just let players connect to the drones and AVs flying overhead and get views from there.
I mean - yeah? Games have done it for ages. RDR, RDR2, GTA IV, etc. To name a few. It's got an aspect of immersion to it.

I mean - yeah? Games have done it for ages. RDR, RDR2, GTA IV, etc. To name a few. It's got an aspect of immersion to it.

My point is the immersion comes from interaction. Just having a train to get in and ride around in gives no additional immersion until they fix the broken systems in the game.

It has occurred to me that they might be planning a Transportation DLC to activate content that was not ready at launch. Naturally, I have no idea if they are even thinking that. For all I know, they are thinking more along the lines of a Multiplayer DLC and a Cash Store DLC. :shrug:
We must hope that Cut content will return in the future!! :sneaky:

A world where ressources are scarce, you eat SCOP, you live in megabuildings but everybody rides a car, a bike or a navi.

Right. Of course public transportation should be implemented.

From time to time I'll post some instructions for the players who would like to enjoy a monorail ride (if anyone is interested).

How to get on the track (without mods or "cheats")?

Method No 1 (Japantown):

1. Get here:
cyber_mono_instrukcja1.jpg

2. You will see a monorail track above your head. Pass the sign NO ENTRY and go down the road in this completely deserted (unfinished?) part of the city:
cyber_mono_instrukcja3x.jpg

3. Stop here and look around:
cyber_mono_instrukcja2.jpg

4. You will see a monorail track below the road (on both sides). Just jump:
cyber_monoo_instrukcja4.jpg

5. Follow the track in any direction. You'll find many invisible walls during your walk. Use Double Jump to get on the other side (or avoid trains) then. You might also catch a train and take a ride. This track will get you to many different places in the city.

It's time for Method No 2 (Downtown):

1) Get here:
cyber_mono_2instrukcja1.jpg

2) Climb on the track (Double Jump required):
cyber_mono_2instrukcja2x.jpg

3) Turn around:
cyber_mono_2instrukcja3x.jpg

4) Follow the track this way and try to catch a train...
cyber_mono_2instrukcja4x.jpg

5) ...and ride to this junction. The train should go straight. If not, jump off and catch another one.
cyber_mono_2instrukcja5x.jpg

6) Enjoy one of the longest and greatest rides with incredible vistas (Pacifica).
cyber_mono_2instrukcja6x.jpg

7) You can also go/ride left at the junction.
cyber_mono_2instrukcja7x.jpg

8) And enjoy some great view of Corpo Plaza on the way...
cyber_mono_2instrukcja8x.jpg

9)...till you get here. Turn left and catch a train there.
cyber_mono_2instrukcja9x.jpg

10) You will return to Japantown. Some incredible vistas there too!
cyber_mono_2instrukcja10x.jpg

BTW, you can also get to these places using Method No 1, but it takes a lot of walking on the track across the whole city.

Public transportation system in Night City could be quite impressive as one of the interactive aspects of CP2077. Right now the player can not take a taxi or ride a monorail train, although both means of transit are present in the game.

During my gameplay I tried to follow most of the monorail tracks in NC. This little investigation lead me to the conclusion that the whole city structure was designed with the train system in mind. There are many fake NCART (Night City Area Rapid Transit) stations in the game. They are located both underground and above street level, yet always in the places where the rail network is already present. The whole system could work, if the players were given the ability to ride a monorail.

Unfortunately, at some point in development the decision was made to stop working on the interactive transit system. I have no idea what was the reasoning behind this decision. It could be due to the time constrains or the lack of ability to properly implement this quite complex aspect of the gameplay. The leftovers of the unfortunate process of cutting this interactive monorail out are quite noticeable. Instead, we were presented with pretty "unimmersive" fast travel points that could work as an optional way of transit (e.g. in the form of interactive maps located in the train stations).

We do not have a proper modding tools (SDK) that would make some kind of a complete implementation of this monorail system possible. The skeleton of this system is in the game: the tracks are usually in the right places and some stations are located properly, populated and accessible via elevators. Unfortunately, the full implementation of the monorail system requires rebuilding some parts of the town, creating the interiors of some stations and interactive cars that the player and NPCs could enter. And, most of all, it would be necessary to design a smart transit AI for this game. Yes, an impossible task if we consider the fact that the city traffic AI in CP2077 does not work very well.

The city looks amazing from above. That is why riding a monorail, although not the most important aspect of the game, would greatly increase the immersion and improve our gaming experience. As soon as I acquired Double Jump I started looking for a way to ride a monorail.

I discovered that there are a several places in the city where the player can jump, climb and get on the tracks: especially in Downtown, Little China and Northside. I am sure the developers were well aware of that, so they tried to make it as difficult as possible for the player to get there and placed many invisible walls around certain areas (e.g. in the vicinity of the Afterlife) and on the tracks. Still, the player might get through some of them and ride a monorail.

There are huge parts of the tracks where it's possible to enjoy a ride for almost a minute (before the train disappears or the invisible wall blocks the way). It is an incredible experience. The vistas are breathtaking (pun intended). I highly recommend anyone to try it. If you liked riding a rollercoaster with Johnny, then you'll be having a blast with the monorail. There are no problems with performance, missing textures etc. during the ride, so it should not be a problem for any PC user. The city looks as impressive from above as it is on the street level. It's a pity that we are not able to fully enjoy this experience. Still, one can get a taste of it by taking advantage of the whole immersive sim systems that are available in the game (without resorting to any "cheats" or mods).

I wish the developers, after taking care of the more pressing issues with the game, could bring interactive transit system back to life. What do you think? Do you miss properly implemented NCART in NC?

Here are some shots I took while riding a monorail in various districts:

View attachment 11162969
View attachment 11162975
View attachment 11162978
View attachment 11162981
View attachment 11162984
View attachment 11162987
View attachment 11162993
View attachment 11162996
View attachment 11162999
View attachment 11163002

I think that:

- this post is one of very few posts to which i agree in its complete entirety.
- this post must be noted and internally pinned by developers.
- if i'd be asked to vote for a best post in this whole forum, this one would be the one i'd vote for.

Bukary77, thank you for posting this. Reading it was like big gulp of pristine air for my mind, so used to all usual smog of all sorts of opinions any big forum brings. Vivat!

Pretty sure it was just one of those cut things that was taking too long to implement.

It would be a cool extra feature but i'm quite happy with the basic fast travel system that's there. I just want to get from A to B faster.

I'm more concerned about getting more story cotent and getting all the bugs ironed out.

Seems to be a lot of time and resources allocated considering most people would never use it.
I think the call was right, but god knows what this game would have been like had they focused on this
mostly pointless feature and cut yet even more content lol.

Nice attention to detail!

I'd guess that it's something we may see. I could see why that wouldn't be a focus for the release, but that's easily a cool feature to have in place, both to make fast-travel more immersive and to add some coolness to the city.

It's time for Method No 3 (Northside):

1) Go here:
cyber_mono_3instrukcja_northside1.jpg

2) Go to the back of this yard:
cyber_mono_3instrukcja_northside2x.jpg

3) Climb the stairs:
cyber_mono_3instrukcja_northside3x.jpg

4) Climb the pillar and jump on the track (Double Jump required):
cyber_mono_3instrukcja_northside4x.jpg

It's tricky (but possible).

5) You are standing in front of the train station (switching halt). Unfortunately, it is surrounded by many invisible walls and thus inaccessible. If you want to get on the other side ot this station, wait for further instructions (Method No 4). You might explore the track in different direction.
cyber_mono_3instrukcja_northside5x.jpg

6) You can also get to this exact spot in several different ways. Here's another one (quite easy).
Go here:
cyber_mono_3instrukcja_northside6x.jpg

7) Climb the fence and the billboard, jump on the roof, jump on the pillar and get on the track:
cyber_mono_3instrukcja_northside7x.jpg

8) Enjoy some industrial vistas while riding in this area (Northside, Arasaka Waterfront, Kabuki and Little China)!
cyber_mono_3instrukcja_northside8x.jpg

9) And be careful!
cyber_mono_3instrukcja_northside9x.jpg

Last edited:
As promised, here's Method No 4 (Arasaka Waterfront):

1) Go here:
cyber_mono_4instrukcja_arasaka_waterfront1.jpg

2) Climb the stairs:
cyber_mono_4instrukcja_arasaka2x.jpg

3) Use this route to get to the stairs on the left:
cyber_mono_4instrukcja_arasaka3x.jpg

4) Climb the stairs:
cyber_mono_4instrukcja_arasaka4x.jpg

5) Jump on this pillar:
cyber_mono_4instrukcja_arasaka5x.jpg

6) Jump on the fence (it will hurt you slightly), jump on the pillar and then jump on the track:
cyber_mono_4instrukcja_arasaka6x.jpg

Be careful: there are two tracks there and the closer one is covered in some slippery texture. You need to jump on the other one.

7) Voila! You managed to get on the track:
cyber_mono_4instrukcja_arasaka7x.jpg

8) If you go further down the track, you'll notice that you managed to get on the other side of the train station (switching halt) that we visited previously with the use of Method No 3:
cyber_mono_4instrukcja_arasaka8x.jpg

9) If you go in the opposite direction, you might get to one of the biggest stations in Arasaka Waterfront:
cyber_mono_4instrukcja_arasaka9x.jpg

10) If you follow this track (it intersects at some point with the one described in Method No 3), you might catch a ride that gets you through the whole northern part of NC to the very end (the oil fields):
cyber_mono_4instrukcja_arasaka10x.jpg

Yeah the whole thing was planne but dropped, like a lot of things with the game.

The metro system had ads and it was in the trailers and the monorail and stations are in the game but they direct you to a fast travel menu instead of being an actual developed place.

There is a station right outside of Vs apartment for crying out loud..

Top Bottom