Public transportation system in NC

+
Method No 5 (Kabuki):

1) Go here:
cyber_mono_6instrukacja_kabuki11.jpg

2) Stop the traffic (or use your own vehicle), get on the car, jump on the fence and jump on the beam:
cyber_mono_6instrukacja_kabuki2.jpg

3) Go to the opposite end of the beam and jump on the track:
cyber_mono_6instrukacja_kabuki3.jpg

This one was easy, wasn't it? :) You can also get to this place on the track using Method No 3.

RDR2 players have glitched to a recreation of Mexico, from the first game, the whole of the snowy north entirely developed players have glitched to find.. Do you not think this takes time and resources or do you assume that RDR2 project management is perfect?

saints row cut them because they had no value for the time they took to dev,... whatever reason they gave in the story for them not being in 3 and 4.

I also do not know what overhead they would take,.. do you really want to get on a train and then a cut scene taking you to a loading screen.. These are cut scenes you see once and then press escape to make them end quickly,

I would like to see them brought into NC,.. as a full DLC,.. with adventures and quests aboard them,.. maybe a hijacking of pelham 123 type quest would be cool,.. Incorporate that with a survival mode and the possibility of you getting banned from driving and they could work.. But,.. aside from the actual work getting them running,.. there is also a lot of work to be done making them a viable play area and not just a pretty train set you look at for a few minutes and then move on

The Mexico area was designed for distance viewing. They weren't designed for actual use. It's possible it was used to cover the hot air balloon. Make sure you had stuff in the distance to see. Or even the balloon was a possible transportation unlock. But the way fort was in game. That's for long range viewing only. The snowy area served the same purpose, decorative. It's possible that tempest area was also used for generic cut scene background shots.

SR 3 and 4 where totally different maps. They went from Stillwater to Steelport. So copy and paste reuse of the train system wasn't feasible like in 2. SR 4 didn't bother because of the games setting in a virtual world. You had super powers and VR gates around the map. So that replaced the train system. But SR 2 and 3 did suffer from the lack of fast travel points. It was faster to just save and reload the game. So you spawned at a home base.

As for the Train in NC. I just gave one example. On many threads I've suggested story missions for it. You wouldn't just make something and than do nothing with it. I had thought up a branching mission for Claire. If you spared the guy in the race. They would target her. And you had to race through the city. And tried to catch up. The mission would also involve flying cars. Another thing just ignored in the game.

Its primary use would be for fast travel. And function like the auto horse mode RDR2 does. You can sit and go through all the stops manually. I'd even put random encounters on it. Have a fight break out. Stop a drug deal bust. Trigger a drug deal on it etc. Even do something like graffiti. Like add a game mechanic to Street Kid V. The ability to graffiti walls/trains/cars.

There is a argument that the fast travel terminals are much more efficient in doing its job. And that all that matters. Screw immersion. But I'd also like to use the train as a bomb, and blow something up for a mission.

With Method No 1 and 2 we covered the whole city center (Downtown, Wellsprings, Glen, Corpo Plaza).

Method No 3, 4 and 5 were related to the tracks in the northern part of NC (Northside, Arasaka Waterfront, Little China, Kabuki).

It's time for some eastern tracks (Japantown, Charter Hill, Arroyo).

Method No 6 (Japantown):

1) Go here:
cyber_mono_5instrukcja_east1x.jpg

2) Use Double Jump and follow this route to the roof:
cyber_mono_5instrukcja_east2.jpg

The last part of this route (close to the billboard) is quite tricky: jump, immediately turn left while in mid-air, jump again and climb the billboard.

3) You are on the roof. Jump on the track:
cyber_mono_5instrukcja_east3.jpg

4) At this junction go left:
cyber_mono_5instrukcja_east4.jpg

5) Be careful. Heavy traffic here. Lots of trains. And lots of great vistas:
cyber_mono_5instrukcja_east5.jpg

cyber_mono_5instrukcja_east6x.jpg

You can, of course, avoid these trains. Double Jump is your friend.

6) If you take this route, you might ride to the very end of this track. There are three dead ends. First one in the tunnel:
cyber_mono_5instrukcja_east7x.jpg

7) The second one is the train station:
cyber_mono_5instrukcja_east8.jpg

8) And here is the last one:
cyber_mono_5instrukcja_east9.jpg

That's it! With the use of Methods No 1-6 you can get to EVERY part of a monorail track in Night City. Enjoy your rides! And, please, share your impressions (and screenshots) with us.

Not gonna lie, but I looked for a monorail station for way too long. I really wanted to just chill and ride the monorail whilst watching the sights for a while.

You know... as a break in between all the killing.

That's it! With the use of Methods No 1-6 you can get to EVERY part of a monorail track in Night City. Enjoy your rides! And, please, share your impressions (and screenshots) with us.
Such great instructions Bukary77, thank you! Even if the devs eventually implement an interactive monoroil, it's been fun getting to explore the system on foot, and the many new and varied views of Night City have been breathtaking.

Seems to be a lot of time and resources allocated considering most people would never use it.
I think the call was right, but god knows what this game would have been like had they focused on this
mostly pointless feature and cut yet even more content lol.

Same could be said about ray tracing. It's a fantastic progress in graphical fidelity, but it doesn't actually add to the gameplay and after the initial "wow" factor has died down about it, it will just be another fancy graphical effect to be over used.

Same could be said about ray tracing.

Yes, they focused on RT and in consequence delivered really buggy SSR for non-RT users (grainy surfaces all over the city). It's one of the most annoying technical "bugs" in the game as it destroys both immersion and aesthetic impressions.

photomode_04022021_143549.png

Post automatically merged:

just some metro station inside...

Attachments

• photomode_04022021_143650.png
    photomode_04022021_143650.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 36
Thank you. There are many more ways to get on the tracks. I'd gladly keep on posting the instructions, but I am not sure if anyone is interested in this "monorail parkour".
Urban exploration is a thing in real world. I don't personally miss functional railway system, busses and that but these things are still cool from exploration point of view.

Yes, I also hope the monorail becomes functional (fast travel is unimmersive af), but I'm also hoping someone will put in a convertible that drives itself so you can joyride around Night City. Removing traffic in front of your convertible would be pretty much required, too, since other "drivers" don't handle traffic or lights very well.

Maybe. Maybe not.

My feeling is that they really wanted to do the metro and make it work. I think that persisted for a while. I have to wonder whether lazy players doomed the system. Instant travel to locations conveniently close to the quest target is preferred by quite a few players.
Lazy players? When management announced in 2019 that the game would release last year, Jason Schrier said the devs looked at each other in confusion and one asked "Is this a joke?" The folks actually working on the game knew they needed a few more years, but management decided to kick it out the door early so it could be used to promote the new consoles.

So, blame management and/or the stockholders.

Last edited:
Yes, I also hope the monorail becomes functional (fast travel is unimmersive af), but I'm also hoping someone will put in a convertible that drives itself so you can joyride around Night City. Removing traffic in front of your convertible would be pretty much required, too, since other "drivers" don't handle traffic or lights very well.

Lazy players? When management announced in 2019 that the game would release last year, Jason Schrier said the devs looked at each other in confusion and one asked "Is this a joke?" The folks actually working on the game knew they needed a few more years, but management decided to kick it out the door early so it could be used to promote the new consoles.

So, blame management and/or the stockholders.
You can blame management and stockholders. I am blaming the lack of a metro on lazy players. These are the players that demand fast travel from A to B, where A is close to where they are, and B is close to where they want to be. It has to be free, fast, and convenient. The further they have to walk to a location, the less satisfied they are. If they had to walk to a train station, get on a train, ride the train, get off the train, then walk to the quest location, they would probably blow a gasket. They are why Fallout and Skyrim have fast travel from A to B instantly. When players are forced to walk, the game gets branded a "walking simulator".

Given that sort of thing, why would a studio go to the expense and effort of making an interactive transit system that people have to walk to? They can simply put the taxi kiosks near where players need to go and move on to other things. Hopefully, it makes the lazy people happy and those who aren't lazy can use it, too.

And we're going to need to get this conversation back on track and away from "blaming" and "labeling" others altogether.

The topic is including the metro system in the game. The topic is not pointing fingers and slinging accusations at people because it's not in the game.

Constructive and respectful of all others at all times.

You can blame management and stockholders. I am blaming the lack of a metro on lazy players. These are the players that demand fast travel from A to B, where A is close to where they are, and B is close to where they want to be. It has to be free, fast, and convenient. The further they have to walk to a location, the less satisfied they are. If they had to walk to a train station, get on a train, ride the train, get off the train, then walk to the quest location, they would probably blow a gasket. They are why Fallout and Skyrim have fast travel from A to B instantly. When players are forced to walk, the game gets branded a "walking simulator".

Given that sort of thing, why would a studio go to the expense and effort of making an interactive transit system that people have to walk to? They can simply put the taxi kiosks near where players need to go and move on to other things. Hopefully, it makes the lazy people happy and those who aren't lazy can use it, too.
I completely agree.
Even with my limited playtime of 2-3 hours on Saturday and Sunday only, I still prefer not to use fast travel.

The addition of the mono-rail would allow me to get to different sections of the city without having to navigate the traffic in a car, nor running across city on foot.

I would actually propose and prefer that the fast travel as well as monorail cost a few eddies to use. Without getting too technical or whatever, maybe 10 for fast travel and 5 for monorail. I would also propose that when you select your destination from a fast travel, a delemain cab pulls up and drives you there rather than just a loading screen.

I would actually propose and prefer that the fast travel as well as monorail cost a few eddies to use. Without getting too technical or whatever, maybe 10 for fast travel and 5 for monorail. I would also propose that when you select your destination from a fast travel, a delemain cab pulls up and drives you there rather than just a loading screen.
I would have preferred that the taxi be interactive, not instantaneous.

Yes. But this is different. What we see in the game. Was that this cut content was 70% done. That's months if not a year of wasted development. Proper management would have cut this at pre production. Look at GTA. After GTA 1. The train system was never re-incorporated into the game again.

It's always you can hop on street level ones, or they don't exist. Saints Row had them function. But SR2 and up didn't. SR2 had them work. But that was used for a single cut scene. And since it was work that was done in the first game. No wasted time. SR3 and 4 destroyed the cities train system. So we had no reason to complain about them not working. Techincally we could still use them. Because the tracks still exsisted and we could hop on them with a car.

i might be mistaken
but i thought that there were trains in gta 4

Top Bottom