Public transportation system in NC

+
"What if V started out with a crummy apartment and as you gained eddies and street cred, you could move up to progressively better homes?" That would be cool.
We had actually been told this would be in the game, but it was just one of many ephemeral promises that the devs never even got around to working on.

Which is why the devs assumed they still had at least another year to work on the game before the April 2020 announcement dropped.
Post automatically merged:

The ride with River was scripted, but all the traffic around was not
When River was parking his SUV during my ride, he ran over a kid who screamed and went down hard.

I never found a body under the wheels, which was disappointing, but I do admit the event was hilarious.

BTW, I guess this means cops in the game are allowed to run over civilians, just like real life!

Last edited:
Has anyone met this NCART information board? Sadly, only a static image and not a dynamic board.

20210227_163141.png

photomode_27022021_120408.png

photomode_27022021_120303.png

I found another interesting thing. I think in the original or early concept the metro trains run not just above the rails, but also below them, as it was featured in 48 minutes of the official 2018 gameplay. If you go to the metro station that is opposite the exit of the H10 megabuilding (where V's apartment is located), you can see that there are two platforms below each other. Probably the starting area finished before the 2018 demo and that metro station stayed in the game that way.

photomode_28022021_1345452.png

photomode_28022021_135133.png

Like all open worlds would it actually add anything to the game. Developers are obsessed with open world design but the effort could be put into the core game instead. Look at VtMB or any of the classic Bioware games. Hub based games were just better and more realistic for smaller developers not the size of Rockstar.

I found another interesting thing. I think in the original or early concept the metro trains run not just above the rails, but also below them, as it was featured in 48 minutes of the official 2018 gameplay. If you go to the metro station that is opposite the exit of the H10 megabuilding (where V's apartment is located), you can see that there are two platforms below each other. Probably the starting area finished before the 2018 demo and that metro station stayed in the game that way.

Nice catch :ok:

Nice catch :ok:

Thank you! If you watch the demo trailer (13:30) in contrast to the current game the elevator of the metro station is using by the NPCs (although this is probably scripted in the demo). If anyone is curious you can see it in this demo trailer shortly before (12:58) that metro trains run above and below the rails.

I was curious, how complete is Night City's metro network, so I marked the metro stations and lines on the map. Sadly, it shows a bit of a semi-finished state, as do many things in the game, but I don’t think it would be impossible for CDPR developers to finish this. I hope so they think too.

View attachment nc_metromap.jpg

If modding tools got better. Fans could finish the station interiors. or at least add in the collisions for the platforms. And remove the collisions that knock people off the trains. Realign the rails that where misplaced in areas.

If modding tools got better. Fans could finish the station interiors. or at least add in the collisions for the platforms. And remove the collisions that knock people off the trains. Realign the rails that where misplaced in areas.
Unfortunately, as far as I know, it would require full access to the level editor. I do not think it's going to happen. :(

I was curious, how complete is Night City's metro network, so I marked the metro stations and lines on the map. Sadly, it shows a bit of a semi-finished state, as do many things in the game, but I don’t think it would be impossible for CDPR developers to finish this. I hope so they think too.

View attachment 11199364
Nice work!

I think there's also one more line of metro. It runs in the northern part of the city and ends in the area of oil fields.

Last edited:
It's such a weird decision to take out.

Considering that they already got most of the stuff working. You can even step above one such train and it'll lead you across the city.
I really hope they implement this in upcoming DLC.

I'm willing to bet they'll add a functional monorail at some point, but it will probably be something scripted, where the train magically appears the moment you click on "wait for the train", or something similar. The way the game handles memory usage for moving vehicles in the distance (i'm looking at you, ugly 2D car sprites...) suggests that it would be hard to implement a train approaching from the distance and trains running on rails in real time in the city in a more believable and realistic fashion.

Nice work!

I think there's also one more line of metro. It runs in the northern part of the city and ends in the area of oil fields.

Thanks!

Maybe, but I think the freight trains use that line rather than the metro trains because there you cannot find metro stations, just freight stations. If you look, at the eastern end of Watson where that line goes into a tunnel and I'm just guessing, but I think it's a little missing detail and that tunnel should have an exit somewhere near the Badlands's railway line.

watson_metromap.jpg

We had actually been told this would be in the game, but it was just one of many ephemeral promises that the devs never even got around to working on.

Which is why the devs assumed they still had at least another year to work on the game before the April 2020 announcement dropped.
Post automatically merged:

When River was parking his SUV during my ride, he ran over a kid who screamed and went down hard.

I never found a body under the wheels, which was disappointing, but I do admit the event was hilarious.

BTW, I guess this means cops in the game are allowed to run over civilians, just like real life!
I watched Takemura get into the van for his dramatic and brooding exit from the warehouse before the parade quest, slam it into the wall, reverse and then do it again 8 times (literally) before he managed to drive out. I laughed so hard I was crying.

could be really, I'm the type that doesn't really like fast travel that's being lazy unless u have to go somewhere far away and keep dying don't feel like going back there driving them ok fast travel ... for the first time of my life playing games i can assure you i dint take not a single fast travel simply because i always stopped around to se the city of dream NC ... wish the NPC look more alive is like a bunch of zombies.

that some random NPC tells u something but mostly even when some character drives while u sit another moment to enjoy the views so yes train and bus transport sound pretty well for players like myself that don't want to rush to the end and just want to immerse yourself in the environment... this with more NPC interaction and even more romance option instead of couple call and text after the yuju night can make a great impact .. and hopefully you can travel on those ships u can see around NC

Top Bottom