Purchasing Witcher 3 Expansions from a different PSN Store

+
Hello folks,

I bought a physical copy of Witcher 3 when it came out for PS4 in 2015. A couple of days back, I got the urge to play the game again, so I went to the Saudi PSN store to buy the expansions. Unfortunately, I discovered that the game has been banned in the region. The disc that I own has a CUSA 01441 code. I am aware that the DLC are region locked, but sometimes they are available for multiple regions. My question is, will the expansion pass from the UK PSN store (or any other store) work with my physical Disc which I purchased in the Middle East?

Your reply will be really appreciated :)

As far as I know, PS4 treats the items from different regions as different products. You'll have to purchase the expansions from the same account / region as the original...or you'll need to grab the GOTY Edition from an account that works in that region.

Sorry...:( I know this regional stuff can be baffling and frustrating.

As far as I know, PS4 treats the items from different regions as different products. You'll have to purchase the expansions from the same account / region as the original...or you'll need to grab the GOTY Edition from an account that works in that region.

Sorry...:( I know this regional stuff can be baffling and frustrating.

Thank you for the prompt reply. I was under the same impression as you, but then I stumbled upon this thread on the CD Projekt Forums https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...ion-compatibility-pls-really-need-help.59404/ . Unless i'm misunderstading the last reply in the thread, it kind of suggests that the DLC from the UK store is compatible with the Saudi physical copy (the DLC will be censored though).

"However if you would have the version 01441 and apply the 01439 DLC, both the game and expansion will be censored "

I will really appreciate it if you can let me know if the above statement (from the thread linked above) is true, so that I can finally purchase the DLC. GOTY edition is an option, but I won't be able to use my previous save files with this edition. Thanks again for swift reply :)

Thank you for the prompt reply. I was under the same impression as you, but then I stumbled upon this thread on the CD Projekt Forums https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...ion-compatibility-pls-really-need-help.59404/ . Unless i'm misunderstading the last reply in the thread, it kind of suggests that the DLC from the UK store is compatible with the Saudi physical copy (the DLC will be censored though).

"However if you would have the version 01441 and apply the 01439 DLC, both the game and expansion will be censored "

I will really appreciate it if you can let me know if the above statement (from the thread linked above) is true, so that I can finally purchase the DLC. GOTY edition is an option, but I won't be able to use my previous save files with this edition. Thanks again for swift reply :)

That's Lilayah, official CDPR Tech Support. She would know better than I would. If the files are still available, then either version should work together. (Since your base game is 01441, that means you should have a full, uncensored version if you install the 01439 DLC.) However -- I hesitate to confirm since that discussion was back in 2015. I think the best bet here is to contact support directly, since I'm not sure if the ban affected anything.

http://en.cdprojektred.com/support/?support-product=the-witcher-3

That's Lilayah, official CDPR Tech Support. She would know better than I would. If the files are still available, then either version should work together. (Since your base game is 01441, that means you should have a full, uncensored version if you install the 01439 DLC.) However -- I hesitate to confirm since that discussion was back in 2015. I think the best bet here is to contact support directly, since I'm not sure if the ban affected anything.

http://en.cdprojektred.com/support/?support-product=the-witcher-3

Thank you very much for the informative reply :). I contacted Support yesterday. Still haven't received a response though. Here's hoping I get one before the sale ends :p. Anyways, thanks again for your time and support.

Hey! You would have to have 2 accounts to be able to purchase the expansion, for example from British store. And yea, the game would still be censored.

That's great to know :). If you don't mind, can you please answer one last question of mine? Is the Expasion Pass (CUSA 01439) from the UK PSN store, compatible with the save files of my Base physical copy (Saudi Arabia, CUSA 01441)?

It should work, yes :)

I finally made my mind and ended up buying both the expansions. I'm happy to report that both the expansions work flawlessly! Feeling ecstatic at the moment :). It's all thanks to the excellent support from both Sigilfey and Lilayah. This is what I expect from the folks behind this masterpiece of a game. Is there anywhere where I can send a feedback for the amazing support?

I'm glad to hear it worked and you can now fully enjoy he game! Have a good one, my friend!

Have Geralt drink a really dark porter in celebration!

Top Bottom