Pushy Romance

+
Yes, it has been said a dozen times over, “Romance sucks/its great…. blah blah blah.”

But this is a different approach, at least I hope it is.

Yesterday, I did River story line. Bleh!

But during the story, (and prior) I had zero interest in romancing cliché man and a personality drier than the Sahara desert. Also, that cybernetic eye is distracting <stares at it>……but I digress.

Thus, I gave no winks or nudges I was interested in him. He calls, wants me to come over to dinner. OK. Harmless enough.

Dinner times come and we all sit down. During dinner, my character was bombarded between, Joss saying River likes me and the kids egging on that River and I should be a couple, I felt about as uncomfortable as a vampire in a church.

Um. <blinks> Excuse me?!!?

Then after two bites, River gets up and walks off and V follows. The whole time my V is being a playful flirt.

Um. Again why?

Who says a night walk needs to be romantic?

Fast forward to the top of the water tower. Again, completely uncomfortable. So, River is like, “OK, don’t leave me hanging V.”

Um. I never gave you anything to hang yourself with. So, why are we having this conversation? Once I turned him down, I felt terrible.

It felt like the game was pushing me to romance River, regardless of my prior choices and when I chose not to, it felt like the game was punishing me.

Look, this scene should play out with two different avenues, friend way or the romance way. A character should not feel forced into giving dialogue he or she had no intentions of giving—ever.

Did anyone else feel this way? Not just with River, but the other romances?

We should be able to put a round in their brainpan and walk away when the NPCs get annoying like that.

Maybe it's a River thing, I think you showing interest initially assumes you are... well... interested in the guy, maybe just "being nice" qualifies for that. I'm hoping that, if you have an ongoing romance at the time, you can shut it down that way, especially if it's with Judy, lol. I'll get back to you on that.

As for the others, you can miss Judy's romance entirely through a few key choices in her side quest, and you really have to chase Panam.

Might just be a River/Kerry thing.

I felt it the very first time because my character was made, or so i thought, to be gay and romance judy but i did that quest an was forced to spout nonsense about past boyfriends.

It's a bad quest in dire need of tlc
Post automatically merged:

Maybe it's a River thing, I think you showing interest initially assumes you are... well... interested in the guy, maybe just "being nice" qualifies for that. I'm hoping that, if you have an ongoing romance at the time, you can shut it down that way, especially if it's with Judy, lol. I'll get back to you on that.

As for the others, you can miss Judy's romance entirely through a few key choices in her side quest, and you really have to chase Panam.

Might just be a River/Kerry thing.

You can say your not interested but you can also romance him and judy at same time with zero consequence

Did anyone else feel this way? Not just with River, but the other romances?

Joss actually sorta came onto me. Asked if I was single and wanted a family of my own. River "rescued" me from that conversation. (Too bad, I actually liked Joss.) We went to the water tower, and he asked if I wanted a beer. I said lemonade. I had the option to kiss him, but I just asked about Joss or something. It was a friendship all the way through. I don't think anyone ever got pushy. I was a male V though, not sure if he's romanced by males.

All the romances have this issue. The flirty moments will all start to play out regardless of your gender or interest. Kerry leaned in like he was going to kiss my female V and then told ME "uhhh... no thanks, I'm good". :censored:

Not true, I was completely uninterested in Panam, but she still actively flirting with male V (putting legs on you, talk on tower), declined all her advances and she still offers sec in tank. But with kerry there isn't a single flirt up till kiss.

If you are male, and play with female V, this quest gives you perfect experience how woman feels when a man tries, but she is not interested... but of course, instead of praising the writing, people just cry about it :D

Last edited:
Not true, I was completely uninterested in Panam, but she still actively flirting with male V (putting legs on you, talk on tower), declined all her advances and she still offers sec in tank. But with kerry there isn't a single flirt up till kiss.

She does that with female V too, same with the talk on the tower, though it's more in the context of the friendship side of things.

I didn't notice a problem with the romance myself, but some people here said it's pretty strict.

Top Bottom