Putting Witcher 3 on the back burner... for now.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting Witcher 3 on the back burner... for now.

So with September right around the corner, and the summer coming to a close, I can say that I have played the ever loving s*%$ out of the Witcher 3. I have dumped a total of 245 hours into the game and I've just barely scratched the surface of my new game +. I can't help but feel like my new game + is sort of chore to play now. The feeling of mystery of despair and grit has left me since my first play through. Of course, I want to choose opposite dialogue sequences, gather gear I never acquired in my first save and beat the game with a different unknown ending, but I'm thinking it's also a good time to put Witcher aside for awhile and make some way for something new and refreshing.

As I'm sure most you know, on Tuesday, another beloved franchise of mine is about to drop here in the states. And I'm gitty like a school girl to be able to play another masterfully crafted next gen title. I'm taking about MGSV.

I won't go into a big detailed rant about how much I love Kojima's series, and how much my mind has been warped by his wacky way of story telling. But I will say that it will be nice to swap out playing as one bad ass for another bad ass for the time being. With out a doubt in mind I will be going back to the world of the Witcher in October for the expansion's, but for now, Geralt need's a rest. Big Boss is about to get down with the get down come Tuesday.

Cheers~

I personally never understood the fascination with mgs games but if its for you then go for it.

It's true, though, that one playthrough is so long and eats up so much time that when I came out the other end, tbqh I didn't have much desire to play any more. I started a NG+ the other day, and it kind of feels like a chore to me too. I guess you can overdose on a good thing. I'll do the NG+ because there are so many alternate outcomes and other things I still haven't seen yet, and I'm already excited for the expansions, but like OP, I also feel like I kind of need a break from the game because I've just played it so damn much.

That's the advantage of a shorter game like TW2, I think - that game was so short that basically, as soon as I was done with my first playthrough, I started another one because I hadn't had enough. And I don't mean this as a criticism as TW3, it's the best game in the series in basically every possible way.

Can't say I blame you. I'm actually surprised that there are some with more than 3 completions under their belt. It's a pretty heavy narrative story line and it doesn't take much to make you feel like you're on a ride at an amusement park. I've got a save just at the point of hitting Novigrad that I come back to if I ever feel like starting a new game to play around on just because I can't stomach Velen again. Obviously the game is absolutely amazing and it's my own fault for burning myself out. Such is the way it goes.

Thanks for letting us know?
:surprise:Badass alert!

I love this game and have four playthroughs to my name but college starts and as much as I hate to say this but

Education > Gaming

Somehow I will try to fit the expansions packs in my schedule without missing revision hours I hope.

Sweet Jesus....

I'm on my eight playthrough now. I'ts a game I can't skip just like that.

Sure, I didn't finish all of them, but I shift a bit between them. I have made different choices and want to see how the game evolves. The endings and so.

I can't wait for the expanions to arrive.

I think it is a good thing sometimes to quit your play through before you hit the end. Once you 'got it all down' you can start over and know there are still new things to look forward to.

Finishing my 3rd and last playtrough before expansions, but I definitely need some fresh air either... Looking foward to hit MGSV until the end of september...

I have not played it yet. I'm one of the :pony:
I'll wait for the patches to stop, maybe 2.0?

This games heavy narrative and scale of imaginative vision needs to be enjoyed first time the best way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom