PvP: yay or nay?

+
PvP: yay or nay?

While this is a tangent of the main issue of multiplayer, I've seen this pop up in a few places, so I think it merits its own discussion.

So, PvP: yay or nay? If so, how should it be implemented?

Should CDPR follow the "separate server" model, where some are designated PvP, and some designated Care Bear? =p

Should it be one big server, and everyone goes in the grinder? Everyone fair game?

Should there be a toggle, where you can't be affected by another player, or are otherwise "invisible" to someone out for PvP?

Well, you asked it. AT BEST we can hope the thread gets ignored. Otherwise, prepare for WAR.

I vote a toggle switch the game host selects. On/OFF.

Since there were only 2 options on the poll, I voted no... I would have voted fuck no, but that wasn't the poll option.

I am all for co-op, but PVP deathmatch stuff does detract from the game. RDR did a pretty good job of it, but even that seemed kind of wonky and useless to me.

If you really want to go at each other, get a so-op partner, turn on friendly fire, and just kill each other a bunch... it doesn't need to be a separate mode or anything like that.

Yeah, Friendly fire..heh heh heh.

PvP does create issues of balance, teamwork, etc. Kinda messy in a game with multi-missile launchers vs one guys ability to call in "back-up".

( The back-up is an AV full of Solos. There be a reason why those filthy Corps run things, you know.)

Yar; I'm personally not keen on the idea of PvP m'self. If I wanna PvP, I can play Battlefield, or CoD, or MW2, or any of the hundreds of clones and FPS games.

Was just curious on the community's take on the issue.

Yar; I'm personally not keen on the idea of PvP m'self. If I wanna PvP, I can play Battlefield, or CoD, or MW2, or any of the hundreds of clones and FPS games.

Was just curious on the community's take on the issue.

I agree with you... for whatever that's worth.

Besides, as I recall, your PS3 doesn't even have a mic, so when I kill up on you I can't even hear your tears...

Besides, as I recall, your PS3 doesn't even have a mic, so when I kill up on you I can't even hear your tears...
lawl

Funny story: one of my friends has one of THE worst sailor's mouths I've ever heard. It's just part of who he is. Once, I was over, and he was playing some FPS shooter (dunno which one; they all kind of look the same to me.)

Anyhoo.

The (OBVIOUS) teens on the other end start in with their smack-talk, consisting of the usual "suck my c0ck" type comments. My friend then launches in to THE most vile, graphic, homo-erotic descriptions of what he wanted the kids to do to him, and what he'd then do in return.

There was about a minute of silence on their part while my friend railed on and on, then they just dropped from the server. XD

lawl

Funny story: one of my friends has one of THE worst sailor's mouths I've ever heard. It's just part of who he is. Once, I was over, and he was playing some FPS shooter (dunno which one; they all kind of look the same to me.)

Anyhoo.

The (OBVIOUS) teens on the other end start in with their smack-talk, consisting of the usual "suck my c0ck" type comments. My friend then launches in to THE most vile, graphic, homo-erotic descriptions of what he wanted the kids to do to him, and what he'd then do in return.

There was about a minute of silence on their part while my friend railed on and on, then they just dropped from the server. XD

That's truly awesome...

I'm hoping for multiplayer PvP and mandatory drop in co-op, with a few social gaming tie-ins for my Facebooks glitz. Wanna PLAY THIS SUCKA ON MY PHONE, then plug it into my PC for added xp points based on how many times I swore in CP lingo that day. Pokemon style baby. :cool: Hopefully we can have a real world to game economy so I can just link it to my bank account, buy me some MAD gear and level up more quickly. And if they had time to toss a SP campaign in there that'd be cool too.

I'm hoping for multiplayer PvP and mandatory drop in co-op, with a few social gaming tie-ins for my Facebooks glitz. Wanna PLAY THIS SUCKA ON MY PHONE, then plug it into my PC for added xp points based on how many times I swore in CP lingo that day. Pokemon style baby. :cool: Hopefully we can have a real world to game economy so I can just link it to my bank account, buy me some MAD gear and level up more quickly. And if they had time to toss a SP campaign in there that'd be cool too.
...motherf?!ker.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. =p

...motherf?!ker.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. =p

He isn't, he gets off on the idea of a no substance game, he has told me this many many times... he just wants to shooty kill stuff, and thinks story is for bitches.

I will make sure his ideas get forwarded on though, because everyone deserves to be heard....

If you really want to go at each other, get a so-op partner, turn on friendly fire, and just kill each other a bunch... it doesn't need to be a separate mode or anything like that.

Thank you for finally giving me a reason why I might be interested in ANY form of multiplayer. Co-op may be more fun than I'd realised.

You forgot to mention ponies.

...motherf?!ker.

Am I mistaken, or did we accidentally turn on the naughty word filter? What's that "?!" doing in there?

I will make sure his ideas get forwarded on though, because everyone deserves to be heard....

A request though - please wait until slim clarifies on the ponies. Maybe he'd prefer unicorns, and I don't want to overwhelm the devs.

Back OT though, absolutely no, not something I'd want, even as an option. I can see the logic behind co-op, given the nature of the game and its history as PnP, but PvP is an entirely different proposition. There's enough other games around already to satisfy anyone's need to destroy the gaming experience of other players. Besides, doesn't it bring in all kinds of complications regarding "using mods"="cheating"?

PvP just suck big time. Attracts tons of K12s (hello, My name is Kevin, I'm 12 y-o and you are a n00b)...

There's enough other games around already to satisfy anyone's need to destroy the gaming experience of other players.

I don't know if you are man or woman.... but after hearing you say this, I am definitely going to picture you with breasts, just so I don't feel icky about the way it just made me feel....

.. the irony.

I want PvP; not only is it really fun to play with a bunch of your friends, but to play against other people in faction/cabal/team matches instead of AI/scripts, and especially in an RPG, since you need to come up with strategies and team synergies depending on everyone's class/abilities/skills, etc., whether is king of the hill, deathmatch, survival of the fittest, capture the flag... hours and hours of fun.

I don't know if you are man or woman.... but after hearing you say this, I am definitely going to picture you with breasts, just so I don't feel icky about the way it just made me feel....

Picture me as you wish, but now I'm the one feeling icky.

.. the irony.

I want PvP; not only is it really fun to play with a bunch of your friends, but to play against other people in faction/cabal/team matches instead of AI/scripts, and especially in an RPG, since you need to come up with strategies and team synergies depending on everyone's class/abilities/skills, etc., whether is king of the hill, deathmatch, survival of the fittest, capture the flag... hours and hours of fun.

The resources required to do this would definitely worry me, as I don't see how it could be done without a negative impact on the SP game, and, to me, that should be an absolute priority. Maybe as a later addition.

The resources required to do this would definitely worry me, as I don't see how it could be done without a negative impact on the SP game, and, to me, that should be an absolute priority. Maybe as a later addition.

Well, we do know that CDPR had an open position for a dev with network experience, so the resources may already be there.

Top Bottom