Pyerog Runestone changed my sword's level

+
Pyerog Runestone changed my sword's level

I searched for Pyerog in this forum and didn't get any hits. I'm sure I'm not the only one to see problems with the Pyerog runestone.

When I first crafted the Pyerog runestone, I made 4 copies. I placed 3 of them on a level 59 Addan Deith silver sword.

The first problem I noticed was where it used to say "RELIC" beneath the sword's name, it changed to "error", and the level of the sword increased to 60--although I am still able to use it as a level 59 player.

Later, I found the diagram to the Tvarog runestone, so I went back to the craftsman and had the sword downgraded which destroyed the 3 pyerog runestones and allowed me to add new ones to the sword.

However, now the Pyerog crafting page shows that required ingredients are missing. It shows that I have Lesser Runestones available, but to the right of that, it shows in red "0/1" but doesn't list what the missing ingredient is when I move my mouse cursor over it.

I went back 1/2 a day's worth of gamesaves and found where I first found the diagram, but the same problem happens--it won't say what ingredient I'm missing. I went to GOG and did a file verify, but it found nothing wrong.

So I can't make any more unless I know what ingredient I need, and adding the runestone to my sword corrupted it.

Yeah its bugged, has been since HoS came out.

The question I have is - why are you putting them into weapons? THey dont actually do anything. The only use for them is the Runeword that increases food effect.

Yeah its bugged, has been since HoS came out.

The question I have is - why are you putting them into weapons? THey dont actually do anything. The only use for them is the Runeword that increases food effect.

I wasn't aware of that. When I put them in the swords, during combat they glow either green or purple. I thought perhaps they were a benefit that wasn't listed.

They cause every weapon I put them in to increase 1-2 levels, but I didn't see any additional points as a result. And every sword shows "error" instead of Relic or Witcher gear.

How does the Runeword to increase food effect actually work?

I havent made that runeword (none of them are really worth the slots IMO) so I dont know how it works....

I did make this mod for the Pyerog and Tvarog runes, to give them a use and get rid of the "error" thing:

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/831/?

If you use that, it wont ERROR your weapons, and it will add 5% Instant Kill chance to Pyerog and Indestructible to Tvarog.

While making this mod, I noticed that the "stats" portion of the definition points to a block that doesnt exist. I think the runes ARE meant to do something, but they dont becuase the code that the definition points to is not there. I simply put my own code there to give the runes the effects and stats I wanted.

Top Bottom