Pyres of Novigrad bug, can't progress with main quest line. *Possible Spoilers!*

+
correct me if I'm wrong, but we, as console gamers generally pay more than pc gamers for games and as the cherry on top of this fact, we also get screwed over? Brilliant strategy.

No offense to CDPR, I'm not ungrateful for an awesome game, but this just got me down and pisses me off. With 67hours+ into a great, great game (easily game of the year for me) I'm forced to do 2 things currently, either wait until hotfix or start a complete new game and hope that once i arrive at Pyres of Novigrad i wont encounter the same bug...

Whew... delighted that i decided to buy it on PS4 instead on pc...

You're exactly saying what I'm thinking at the moment...
I just did all possible side quests and Hunts for my current level (22).
Now I just can walk through the world and search for treasures. As you said: The game is awesome. But I want to continue the story. :(

Bump. Wow. I just want some form of information as to when this will be fixed. I understand it doesn't affect all players, but it makes a £50 game essentially unplayable with no sign of a fix. I work at my retailer, so I'm lucky they may just let me return it until a fix is out, but how in the blazes this even came to be baffles me. An increase in QA Testers might be needed? Slowing down on the patches to fix more things for each patch? As an Xbox One gamer I don't know what to do. I don't want to start again and potentially have the same thing happen again. I also don't want to ruin the game by over-levelling and sitting around and waiting until they do something, anything about it. Just a small amount of information from cdprojektred other than "We Know" would be nice. I guess we will see.

Yeah, that's the post I was referring too. It's them saying yeah we are aware of the issue and we have nothing useful to say. I imagine if they released an actual time-frame and it's close to what most of us believe it would cause a flaming frenzy. To be honest I'm just frustrated that I now have a week off and can't play my game, that and I've usually managed to get round all other bugs in everything else I've played. It's easily my game of the year but I can't actually play it =/

What I can't understand - why they patch graphical issues (on 1.04 for PC there is a fix "Game icon updated" - it's facepalm), rather than fixing Game Breaking Bugs. Or they wait when first patch came out for consoles and than simultaneously fix this on all platforms?

Last edited:
What I can't understand - why they patch graphical issues (on 1.04 for PC there is a fix "Game icon updated" - it's facepalm), rather than fixing Game Breaking Bugs. Or they wait when first patch came out for consoles and than simultaneously fix this on all platforms?

Its because UI tweaks and graphical issues are by far way more important than this little bug. ;) (tip: put on ur sarcasm hat)

Same here... about 50 hours of playing and can´t continue the main story.
Would love to ear something from the developers, or instead they will not see any more coins from me!

Just got my reply through from the Tech Support people.

"Thank you for the information. I am really sorry you are experiencing issues with your copy of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.We are currently investigating the issue and have forwarded the data to the developers."

Looks like we just have to play the waiting game then...

Just got my reply through from the Tech Support people.

"Thank you for the information. I am really sorry you are experiencing issues with your copy of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.We are currently investigating the issue and have forwarded the data to the developers."

Looks like we just have to play the waiting game then...

This is what i got earlier...

"Greetings,

Thank you for the feedback, I'll make sure to pass it to the dev team, so they are aware of the issue and investigate it. At this moment I'd recommend to enjoy sidequests."

I've done most of the sidequests already.... i need main quest... more content... not this bullshit answer..

On the one hand they are probably not able to give us more information because they don't have any...one the other hand some more specific details would be nice. At least how long this could take. I don't care if it's precise or not. I just want anything else instead of this copy-paste-answer.
Well, enough of crying. We can't change it. I will finish the rest of the side quests and then continue playing Bloodborne...

On the one hand they are probably not able to give us more information because they don't have any...one the other hand some more specific details would be nice. At least how long this could take. I don't care if it's precise or not. I just want anything else instead of this copy-paste-answer.
Well, enough of crying. We can't change it. I will finish the rest of the side quests and then continue playing Bloodborne...

My thought exactly, time to start my 19th NG+!

True enough! Back to Heroes of the Storm and SWTOR I go. Let's hope I'll be exploring the continent again in no time at all! Happy gaming people and if you stumble upon this post with the same issues as us, I'm sorry but at least we're all in it together sort of thing

True enough! Back to Heroes of the Storm and SWTOR I go. Let's hope I'll be exploring the continent again in no time at all! Happy gaming people and if you stumble upon this post with the same issues as us, I'm sorry but at least we're all in it together sort of thing

Right! True story bro. :D

having the same problem as u guys, been doing sidequests, treasure hunts, witcher contracts, almst lvl 24 loooool. vellen, novigrad i'(d say 90% + cleared then off to skellig i guess to do those side quests and other; then it's the waiting game

---------- Updated at 07:57 PM ----------

Attachments

• bumped_by_god.gif
    bumped_by_god.gif
    73.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Warning-thread-bump.jpg
    Warning-thread-bump.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 55
Top Bottom