Pyres of Novigrad bug, can't progress with main quest line. *Possible Spoilers!*

+
Pyres of Novigrad bug, can't progress with main quest line. *Possible Spoilers!*

During the Pyres of Novigrad quest where you have to go down into the cellar with Triss. After killing the Drowner you have to press a button on a brick pillar. The button does not react. I've tried reloading multiple times, uninstalled the game reinstalled the game; nothing works. As I've been google'ing this issue, there seems to be ALOT of people having this exact same bug too.
Any idea WHEN this will be fixed? Or any work around for this issue? Since I'm now basically stuck and cannot progress with the main quests now.

Try a few thinghs that usually works for me to clear wierd/buggy stuff like
-manual save then full game reboot then manual load the previous save

Or even fully rebooting the ps4 sometimes seems to help me clear bugged stuff. the game seems to get more and more buggy the more you play without stopping and rebooting the ps4.

Im not saying its not bugged for you but i know for sure its not broken for 100% of the players , im also on Ps4 and was able to use the button on the pillar, i was using witcher sences at the same time when i did it, dont know if it matters.

good luck.

Try a few thinghs that usually works for me to clear wierd/buggy stuff like
-manual save then full game reboot then manual load the previous save

Or even fully rebooting the ps4 sometimes seems to help me clear bugged stuff. the game seems to get more and more buggy the more you play without stopping and rebooting the ps4.

Im not saying its not bugged for you but i know for sure its not broken for 100% of the players , im also on Ps4 and was able to use the button on the pillar, i was using witcher sences at the same time when i did it, dont know if it matters.

good luck.

Hi Omezawa,
I know it is not bugged for everyone, but this is apparently a cross platform bug that also hits xboxone and the pc. I tried the things you suggested, sadly it still doesn't solve the problem here for me... :(

same problem here on my ps4, can't progress this main quest because the brick can't be pressed.
this is game breaking for now! :(

Because of this i'm now currently forced to lvl up to lvl 12 and go to Skellig... The monsters there are not... optimal... but i currently don't have much of a choice..

Does someone has heard anything from the staff or support about this issue? Are they even going to adres this ASAP?

---------- Updated at 07:45 PM ----------

BUMP for a CDPR staff response...

Having the same problem on the ps4 luckily I had a save not far before I went in to there but can't progress the story please tell me they are fixing this on the first patch

Last edited:
I hope so, because i just finished Skellige and a crapload of side quests... currently lvl 16 already...
I'll run out of things to do soon, too... Really annoying.
If someone official would at least acknowledge this bug, so that we know it's a known thing and being worked on!
Plus some detailed info on what exactly causes this, to help others prevent it, would be awesome too *hint* ;)

Got it as well(PS4).
As mentioned above, nothing helps.
Finished the skellige main quest and if I continue on this rate I will be overlevelled for the rest of this game(completing every single sidequest and exploring everything).... so frustrating.

... so frustrating.

indeed! the even more frustrating thing is, that it's definitely not fixed with the 1.03 patch we (ps4 users) are still waiting for. so it will be fixed earliest with the following patch, which has to go through sony's authorization again and so on.
so i guess it will take at least two weeks (in the very best-case scenario) before this gets patched. more likely a month or even more ... :(

so i guess it will take at least two weeks (in the very best-case scenario) before this gets patched. more likely a month or even more ... :(

That is frankly unacceptable to me.
Completely in odds to the laws of commerce we have in norway.
It is a faulty product, after buying something which is not in order there is no acceptable reason you should accept a month wait for "repairs" without recompense or a refund.
Time to write an email or two I think. Not that I think it will make it happen any sooner, but will give me grounds to get the game refunded in accordance to the above mentioned laws in norway unless something happens.

This has ruined my experience and makes it seem like an over-hyped mediocre game... the 10-10 reviews and 200 awards before release is BS. Even when they fix it I've been soured by it and won't recommend it to anyone... not until it's fixed and it's in the bargin bin. Dragon Age was a much better experience.

That is frankly unacceptable to me.
Completely in odds to the laws of commerce we have in norway.
It is a faulty product, after buying something which is not in order there is no acceptable reason you should accept a month wait for "repairs" without recompense or a refund.
Time to write an email or two I think. Not that I think it will make it happen any sooner, but will give me grounds to get the game refunded in accordance to the above mentioned laws in norway unless something happens.

I actually agree with you, after i last post i just went doing on a crapload of side quests and i'm now actually lvl 18 and having done almost all in Velen, White Orchard, Novigrad and Skillege. I'm fairly bored out of my skull now and with nothing else left to do I'm thinking about contacting Sony and ask for a refund since I basically spent 90 euro's on a product that functions only for 30%.

---------- Post merged on 25-05-2015 at 07:45 AM ----------

BUMP

Still no answer.. Is this a not big problem or what?

I guess CDPR cares more about graphical bugs then they care about game braking bugs. I've contacted support 3 days ago about this, I've found 1 post about this on GoG forums(of which i cannot find the source right now) one of the CDRP staff members reacted and told people to send their save games individually to him and he will contact their QA staff for them and fix their saves. I did that too, no answer so far. I've contacted them on twitter and facebook also, nada. Apparently it's not a big deal to CDPR.

I've atleast expected an staff member to roam those tech forums and at the very least assure people that they are working on it or SOMETHING.

I currently got 67hours into my save game, with no sign that CDPR is going to fix it any time soon or not. This truely has ruined my game experience and I'm highly disappointed in this company and their costumer support. They are not taking some of those huge game breaking bug issues seriously.

Which is why i'm actively bumping this thread, I demand a reaction from CDPR staff, I reckon that it is my right as a costumer to ask for.

EDIT: the source of the CDPR staff member on the GoG website(second post)https://www.gog.com/forum/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt/bug_pyres_of_novigrad_spoilers/page1

Last edited:
I've got the same damn problem too (PS4).
I love this game but you're right, it destroys the experience and what stays is anger about a missing reaction from CDPR.
At least a statement would be nice...

Top Bottom