QTEs

+
As expected the "select a dialog response", melee in general, and a few other things in the game are basically QTEs.

You have a (very) limited amount of time to respond when the timer bar appears, and in the case of the dialog ones I barely have time to read them. So I've gotten in the habit of saving OFTEN so when one happens I don't have to replay to much of the game to reach it again, having read the possible responses and failing to select one before the time runs out the first time I encounter it.
This doesn't apply to all dialog choice events, but a fair number of them. Seems some devs set much shorter/longer timers then others.

There's no chance in hell I've ever be the Night City bare knuckles fighting champion.

A few years ago I asked CDPR to put in a slider/toggle to increase the response time allocated for these events because I knew from past experience they would be a problem.
But ...

Are some other people having similar issues?

Last edited:
Yeah, I think the "quick response" in dialogue is insanely fast. I'm not getting a chance to actually READ what's no screen. I just see the bar going so I react, because if you try to read you'll fail.

It is a QTE essentially, I mean that's the purpose.

But yea I've had one so fast that I almost didn't even see it

Can you not just increase the text speed? Admittedly I haven't look into the settings on the game too tough.

I didn't think they were that bad. They weren't bad in the Witcher either. I've seen faster in telltale games.

The text speed isn't the problem. It's how little time you have to actually READ the text. It's all there, but I'm generally only partyway through a sentence when I hit the button because time's almost up.

Maybe I just haven't seen a bad one yet then. I've just been running around doing random stuff. Then I had to go to bed so.... xD

Top Bottom