Quadra Turbo R V Tech

+
Is it only me but I feel something's wrong with this ride. It's like it has the handbrake pulled. It brakes itself, constantly. You can't coast on this one- if you lift the accelerator it stops immediately. I wonder if this is intentional? Like, Jake gifts you the car and then tells you how wonderful it is, and you go, yeah right. Sort of a joke by the devs? I find it almost impossible to drive and it's a pity.
One of the nice things of the game is how every car is tuned differently in how it accelerates, how it brakes, and how it turns. This car is on one extreme of braking. The Gecko is on the other- you step on the brake and it takes half a block to respond.
EDIT:
Never mind- after loading a new save the problem went away. It still feels a bit forced but now it brakes more or less normally. Probably a bug. I could barely get it out of the garage the first time.

Last edited:
Second gear in most vehicles (particularly motorcycles) have an odd braking system. Basically letting go of the accelerator locks the wheels for a brief moment.

As you pointed out, it's quite prominent with the Quadra Turbo R V-Tech, but you get used to it after while and ignore it.

PS: It's my fave vehicle mainly cos of the monster amount of torque!

Top Bottom