Qualifications For Beta?

+
Qualifications For Beta?

I was curious, are there qualifications for the Close Beta? I mean, is it just random or such? I just find it odd that there wasn't even a thing to fill out like "Why would we invite you to test our game?" or the like.

mjul

Forum veteran
I was curious, are there qualifications for the Close Beta? I mean, is it just random or such? I just find it odd that there wasn't even a thing to fill out like "Why would we invite you to test our game?" or the like.

It's random. Completely random as far as we know.

Well you can say 'completely' but it wouldn't surprise me if well known streamers and people like Kingblacktoof got keys :p

I really dislike the completely random-genned beta keys, and wish they'd just send them to people that show an interest.

mjul

Forum veteran
Well you can say 'completely' but it wouldn't surprise me if well known streamers and people like Kingblacktoof got keys :p

I really dislike the completely random-genned beta keys, and wish they'd just send them to people that show an interest.

Random is easier and fair. It allows them to avoid the echo chamber problem that can arise if you only give keys to the vocal members who like your game.
I like Random in fact, even if it means I won't be in the CB.

Random is easier and fair. It allows them to avoid the echo chamber problem that can arise if you only give keys to the vocal members who like your game.
I like Random in fact, even if it means I won't be in the CB.
If they only gave keys to streamers and the like, they'd only give out about 15 keys. I'm sure they can have an amount that is distributed randomly for fairness and then create a small side amount to give to content creators for the benefit of their own marketing. It can be a win win here.

Most of people who actively show interest of Gwent here or on similar sites are mostly experienced card games players or at least enthusiasts who spend a lot of time building their decks etc. what makes them quite knowledgeable about the game even before Beta. Gwent is, however, designed to be enjoyable for wider range of players, including newbies, casuals and noobs. The only way to check if they also like the game is to let them play Beta. If the game invites were to be sent only to active members of the community, there wouldn't be many "not hardcore" gamers that are essential in terms of testing the game. This is the main purpose of beta therefore I think that sending keys randomly is the most fair and efficient way to do it.

I really hope for a good English streamer to get the Random invite. If i don't get in, in the first wave, at least i have something to fill the time.

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

We'll send out the invites randomly to registered users -- starting tomorrow :)

How can I tell if I got a key for the beta test?

I'm like crazy here trying to find out if the game is the same we downloaded (KTS) or if I will have to download a different version!

mjul

Forum veteran
How can I tell if I got a key for the beta test?

I'm like crazy here trying to find out if the game is the same we downloaded (KTS) or if I will have to download a different version!

They will begin sending beta keys today at 7 PM CEST, so in about 7 and a half hours. If you get one you'll know you're in the Beta.

Last edited:
Im having a little bit of a problem with this randomness thing. Have CDPR give any sort of numbers of how many invitations they send?
I think it would be crazy to not handpick some guys from here. Espesially if youre active on gwent forum, and participate a lot to the community.. (not talkin about myself)
Infact, im not buying it. It cant be pure random. I dont have any idea what the numbers are, but still it could be possible, not a single forumer got a beta invitation. That would just be disappoiting..

Guys I also claimed the free welcome bonus for signing up for the gog newsletter which included Witcher 1 on gog and one card pack.

Does the closed beta progress not save so I just "wasted" my free card pack on the beta?

Or will I get the card pack when the game actually launches?

Top Bottom