Quality of life improvements for gameplay

+
Hi there. Having spent around 180 hours on CP so far, I quite enjoyed the game for its setting and story, however there are quite a few gameplay issues/nuances that, if fixed, could imo drastically improve the smoothness and playability of the game in general.

So I devised a list of QoL improvements (not focusing on bugs) that would make the game much better (at least in my opinion) and wanted to share this in hopes that these can be addressed in the future. Wasn't quite sure where to post, so I hope this is the right place, lol.

General:

- Increase ammo count that u can carry. It shows 0094 for shotguns or 0670 for assault rifles which makes at least the first zero kinda misleading. It's a bit weird how u can carry 500 weight units of weapons and clothing at once, but only 100 bullets at a time for snipers and shotguns. Very annoying for shotgun/sniper players, constantly having to stop and craft more ammo every 5 minutes.

- Add mini explanations as to what gives an attribute exp. Athletics is insanely slow to level without resorting to gorilla arms mods and it's not clear what exactly gives you exp for it which makes it even worse. This way you could at least try to grind it to 20.

- Add option to reverse/remove implants. I tried the mantis blades and didn't like them. Several hours of gameplay later I wanted to remove them, but found out I can't without loading an old save and destroying the progress I had made in that time.

- Remove the lv50 character cap, or increase it to 100. For those of us who want to max absolutely everything or almost everything and be walking gods.

- Increase minimap zoomout distance while driving (it's too close and makes it easy to miss turns and corners) and while browsing the big map (icons annoyingly disappear at a certain level of zoomout in the big map).

- Add the option to filter legends on the map. e.g. I only want to see drop points and gun shops, or I want to see everything but food shops for example. Cycling with Z through the presets doesn't really help.

- Attribute reset shard please (could be expensive - a few million eddies for example). Imo it would make the CP experience soooo much better - rather than spending 40-50 hours replaying the game just to correct some mistakes I made in the beginning, I could just grind some cash and fix it.

- Improve body dismemberment. Seems a bit weird how hitting an enemy laying on the ground with a baseball bat at max perks and damage, does nothing to their head, but u can dismember an NPC from 20 meters away with a shotgun just cus it's a shotgun and it is supposed to dismember more easily.

- Add a "sell all" button when selling any item. For example, if i have 30 types of different useless foods that I can't desynth, and I have 2 or 3 of each item, it's very annoying how the confirmation pops up every time asking how many I want to sell.

- Add ability to customize the scanner HUD and which interactable objects appear. For example, I don't use quickhacks almost entirely, but i do use the scanner often to tag enemies and loot. So being in an area with like 20 objects that are flammable and/or can be quickhacked, gets really cluttery to the point where it gets confusing what you're looking at.

- Show uncollected datashard count (doesn't have to show where the remaining are left, just how many undiscovered in each category). For the completionist player.

- Add option to quickmessage a contact (e.g. Regina) from the small contacts menu. Having to open up the separate large message panel and scroll down looking for the contact and the latest message gets a bit annoying after a while.

Crafting:

- Allow to craft x items at once. Slowclicking with the mouse when crafting 200-300 items for a crafting sesh gets really boring and tedious.

- Add legendary blueprints for all weapons and clothing/weapon mods in the game. E.g. no legendary crafting spec for Ajax assault rifle. No legendary blueprints for armadillo mods or silencers either. Crafting leg items seems to give the best stats, so you lose a bit of specs when obtaining the weapons/clothes via other means.

- Add muzzle option for shotguns. I was hoping for some ''no country for old punks'' kinda vibes. Most other weapons can be silenced, and in the modern age and world of cyberpunk it would make sense if it was possible to do on shotguns too.

- Johnny items can't be dropped or disassembled. Really no use for keeping the rare and epic version of Johnny's glasses for example when I have the legendary version of them.

- Allow to add custom colour mods on weapons.

- Show weapon/clothes upgrade counter and what 5+ upgrades down the line would get you. Would be useful to know what the weapon can achieve at its best, instead of blindly spending huge amounts of mats, hoping to finally see the ''this weapon cannot be upgraded any further'' message and not knowing exactly how big of an improvement the overall upgrades give.

Let me know what you guys think, if you agree or disagree, or maybe you have your own suggestions that you want to see realized.

Last edited:
- Allow to craft x items at once. Slowclicking with the mouse when crafting 200-300 mats for a crafting sesh gets really boring and tedious.

Yes please. Especially with the Tune Up perk from Crafting. 1 component per 10/8/6 lesser components is a hella slow grind.

You can mass craft.
1 common
1 uncommon
= 1 gash grenade..

1 gash disassembled =
IMG_20210109_010357.jpg

10 gash grenades disassembled yeilds 30 rare components plus others.

Except you gotta click 10 times to craft the grenade... then click another 10 times to disassemble. The point they're trying to make is: how about we just tell the game, we wanna assemble/disassemble this one item 10 times instead of doing it 1 at a time?

Except you gotta click 10 times to craft the grenade... then click another 10 times to disassemble. The point they're trying to make is: how about we just tell the game, we wanna assemble/disassemble this one item 10 times instead of doing it 1 at a time?
No you disassemble 50 in one go remember? There a bar where you can selecte how many you want to disassemble.. 10 clicks for 30 rare components..

I think people are just dumb and I can't help you all to understand.

It takes 11 clicks to craft 30 rare item, 30 rare upgrade, 30epic upgrade, 1 epic.. Do the math vs 6 common into 1 uncommon, 6 uncommon so on and so forth.

No you disassemble 50 in one go remember? There a bar where you can selecte how many you want to disassemble.. 10 clicks for 30 rare components..

I think people are just dumb and I can't help you all to understand.

It takes 11 clicks to craft 30 rare item, 30 rare upgrade, 30epic upgrade, 1 epic.. Do the math vs 6 common into 1 uncommon, 6 uncommon so on and so forth.
Yes, you can disassemble many items in one go, but you cannot craft multiple items at once (for example 500 gash grenades), which is what I am talking about here.

If you're serious about crafting and making money without cheats and bugs, you wouldn't be making 10 grenades but hundreds (and sometimes thousands) of them, at which point slowclicking 400 times to get 400 grenades is hardly effective or fun.

Top Bottom