Quality of life improvements

+
I search a little and don´t find anything specific about this.

Sure the game lacks a lot of stuff etc... and i am not talking about the grind too, you go to pacifica and make your level there, and i am sure the dev think about that.

What i see as a complete oversight.

- Adjust minimap zoom with the car speed, or even better, make on screen directions, that way we can still appreciate this nice city without having to constant turn around because we lost the exit.
- Craftspecs show multiple times on vendors even if you already have it, in W3 after you learn a spec that spec was no longer for sell in the vendors.
- Let us make a batch craft, i have 100k basic materials and i need others, there is no way i will be clicking craft for hours, i would need therapy after that, this is not W3, the values in CP are much larger.
- Favorite system, we loot a lot of stuff, and we have to check if we are not dismantling anything important, a favorite system would help that a lot.
- Favorite CAR system, i like one bike, but each time i call a car i have to search for that bike, takes time, is boring, break immersion.
- Map icons, i always see that mission to buy a car....really? Could not be another color or something?

Again, is quality of life ideas, to keep the immersion on the game, what you guys think?

lynxir

Forum regular
What I would like most is a way to disable the skip ahead option.
I don't know how many times I accidently skipped dialogue because I was trying to crouch/stand.

Happened so often to me as well as I was usually doing sneaky netrunner stuff, so I was crouching a LOT! I think I just got used talking to people's lower parts instead of their faces. XD

I don't know how many times I accidently skipped dialogue because I was trying to crouch/stand.
Forgot to say, don´t know how is in consoles, but in PC i change the skip to V key, works fine.

I'd like to be able to turn the subtitles off.
I think you can in the setting... i have option for 2 substitles, the NPC and cutscenes.

YES!!!

I can't say how much that annoys me. Someone is talking to you while you're sitting and they're standing up so you aren't on eye-line with them, so you hit C thinking you're crouched – and bang, the whole dialogue has gone and there's no way to get it back. Really annoying!

In the settings I changed the keybind for "Skip Ahead" to be the asterisk on the NumPad, so I would never hit it by accident. Solved the problem for me.

In the settings I changed the keybind for "Skip Ahead" to be the asterisk on the NumPad, so I would never hit it by accident. Solved the problem for me.

I'm playing on the PS4. Unfortunately there's no such solution for us console peasants. None that I'm aware of anyway.

Biggest QoL improvement for me would be making clothing items weightless so I can always have my wardrobe handy. I like to change outfits often and collect clothes.

When at a clothing vendor, I often see a thing I want to buy but can't recall if I already have one, or maybe I know I have one but don't recall if it is better than the one I see in the vendor. So then I have to leave the vendor, make my way back out to a street (sometimes a distance), call the car, open the stash, transfer the item to inventory, close stash, open inventory, view item, close inventory, open stash, replace item in stash, close, run back to vendor.

Incredible pain in the neck.

(Have to take the item out of stash because you can't see mod slots on items in stash, for some reason.)

I had this until I set it to skip all conversation. You have to hold crouch button to do so so you can tap it to crouch
Post automatically merged:

I'd lovr if you could track a car sale in the map from each fixer message. It's a pain to find the one we want

Forgot to say, don´t know how is in consoles, but in PC i change the skip to V key, works fine.

I think you can in the setting... i have option for 2 substitles, the NPC and cutscenes.
V's subtitles cannot be turned off. You can only change languages.

I don't know if it would count as "quality of life" improvement (I personally consider it that way but some people may disagree) but I would love to see a better distribution of levels over the different quests.

What I mean by that being, there's too many early game quests (from lvl 1 to 20) and not enough late game ones.
I understand that CDPR wanted to give a feeling of freedom as early as possible but it hurts the experience quiet badly once you realize that, there's no way on earth you won't be overpowered for most of them if you're a completionist.

On the other hand, I think I saw a couple quests that requires high level (Not even sure you have to be lvl 50 either) and that's pretty much it, which is a shame because you find yourself in a position where your character is super cool with all the Perks and firepower he/she needs to take over very tough challenges but there's no challenge to be taken over...Not only because the game is easy in the first place but because the vast majority of the quests you can attempt are gonna be "easy" at best.

It's funny but it would actually be less of an issue if it was the other way around (considering main quests gives you tons of XP), the right balance would be to still keep enough early game quests to have a decent choice on what you want to tackle first while still keeping a good enough amount for people who want to push the experience all the way to lvl 50. I know the sweet spot is difficult to find because every player has his/her own rythme but I honestly think it can be much better distributed as it currently is.

Also, it would have been nice if quests of certain levels where less tied to a specific area.
Here too, let me explain what I mean. Let's take the Badlands, for example, every quests that are available in this area are for, roughly, level 10 to 20...Why?

It forces the player to do all the quest in this area between level 10 to 20 and then completely forget about the Badlands and never set foot there ever again. It would be much better if they were quests for every level from 10 to 50 so you have more freedom on what you want to take on at any given time (while, right now, you kinda have to do every quests of an area at once, if you want to keep things remotely challenging).

It's even more of a problem when you think that enemy's strenghts and weaknesses are based on their gang and therefore their area. For example, don't keep a weapon with toxic damage if its designed for the early game since all the enemies you're gonna have to fight during that period of time are either Maelstorm or Tiger claws which are both resistant to it...

There's even a fast travel feature for those who don't want to spend time on the road. It's not like having to go around on the map constantly would be an issue.

Last edited:
Happened to me too like, a lot. Drove me nuts. I'm crouching, dialog begins, I want to stand up and skipped the line. Ugh.
Until I figured out, that I could simply remap the skip-ahead to PGDWN or whatever I like and now I can skip dialogues or stand up from crouching during a dialog.
Preem.

I wish the dam fast travel map would not send me to the wrong place because I was trying to PAN over and accidently pressed on a blue icon instead of an empty spot! There should be a confirmation or DO NOT make pan and select the same control action.

Do you know what I really want to see in the next update...?

More music. Much more music.

Heck, I would love it if the team could release a fresh supply of new songs on each radio station with every patch, just to keep some variety in my ear drums.

I have to say that a zoomed out mini map while driving has to be #1 improvement.

That and being able to craft multiple items at once so if I'm making blue components out of green I don't have to use my hotkeys script and leave my computer for a half hour while it assembles them one by one. Please just let me take 5000 green components and craft them all at once into blue.

Top Bottom