Quen and Epidemic

+
Quen and Epidemic

So I had two mahakam defenders buffed going into round three. I choose to play first and I put a Quen sign on them. My opponent played an epidemic and the lowest of them died. I know epidemic isn't really a "strength-removing" mechanic but sheesh I just got another reason to ignore the Quen. Often you could have exact units on exact power, don't bother Quen with them if nothing else is on the board.

How does any one else feel?

Quen only protects against cards that deal damage. Anything that outright "kills" still goes through. Also, it doesn't protect against D-bomb. Its not a particularly good card.

So, if I had a 2-strength card with Quen on, would it be protected from a Lacerate, or would it die anyway because the Lacerate brings it down to 0 strength?

tortugueta;n7306810 said:
So, if I had a 2-strength card with Quen on, would it be protected from a Lacerate, or would it die anyway because the Lacerate brings it down to 0 strength?
It protects from first damage, so it would negate all damage and drop Quen.

aspsnake;n7306890 said:
It protects from first damage, so it would negate all damage and drop Quen.

Yeah same with weather. I think on the weather. Scorch and epidemic go right through it. Pretty useless.

Last edited:
I guess it is useful if you have spawned many low strength units that could easily be brutalized by Lacerate or Manticore Venom.

ThreePi;n7305940 said:
Quen only protects against cards that deal damage. Anything that outright "kills" still goes through. Also, it doesn't protect against D-bomb. Its not a particularly good card.

I was wondering if it was protecting against dbomb, thought it was. I guess it's even worse than I thought then.
That card's use really seems limited. It protect against damaging spells that are usually cast right away when you play the unit, so it protects against something that will be played before you can use the card to protect the unit from them...
kind of contradict itself.
Even having the quen be able to be cast on units on hand would be far better than that.

ThreePi;n7305940 said:

It protects against weather too, it's not that bad with the right cards. Like it's really good with Hawker Support for example, but i wouldn't use it with most decks true enough.

Top Bottom