Query: Does an Xbox one digital purchase = an Xbox Next Gen digital purchase?

+
So since Cyberpunk has been pushed back to near the release of the next gen consoles I'm now wondering. If when Cyberpunk 2077 has been released for the next gen consoles will we need to purchase a new copy or will the purchase for the Xbox one or PS 4 console be applied to both?

I got particularly wondering when last night my xbox one, while turned off, began to emit a burning smell. While I have yet to test that it still functions I may need to cancel my pre-order and wait until next gen.
Xbox:

As for PlayStation, backwards compatibility was a question mark a mere month ago when they said:

Sony are not being generous with information.

Last edited:

Sild

Ex-moderator
Cross gen compatibility is a thing with both consoles so the short answer is yes, you will be able to play Cyberpunk 2077 on new gen if you bought it on the previous gen whithout having to buy it again.

Xbox:

As for PlayStation, backwards compatibility was a question mark a mere month ago when they said:
There’s no official announcement coming from PlayStation so we really can’t confirm or deny anything. It’s PlayStation that first needs to address these issues and then we’re happy to make a comment, but we can’t jump the gun ahead of them.
Sony are not being generous with information.

Top Bottom