Quest An Eye for An Eye Broken ( PS4 )

+
Quest An Eye for An Eye Broken ( PS4 )

Hello,

I have a problem on the " eye for eye " quest. Roche asked me to go under the tree Hangman , and I am, but there it is . I raised my PS4 but still no Vernon. How can I do to boost the mission? Or to make it appear ? Thank you in advance

Roach should definitely be there once you accepted the quest. Can you tell me where your mappin points you?

Sorry , but Vernon is not here ,(

And what is mappin ? ,,,

( i m not alone whith this bug : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/702760-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/71839012 )

Attachments

• 11136166_847188222042439_8636413075605048883_o.jpg
    11136166_847188222042439_8636413075605048883_o.jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
The mappin is the small icon on your minimap that you can see right next to Geralts position there. Roach should stand right next to Geralt. Please try to fast travel far away from this place and come back. If it still does not work, try changing the level (go to Prologue or Skellige as an example) and come back.

We are checking what is causing the issue.

OK.
I tried all the other worlds including Wizzima . Nothing to do ... it's still not there. ( And I do not know if this is related , but the quest related Radovid stopped me and given away more since I saved the Cordonier . )

Can you check if you've already got a quest called "A Deadly Plot" where you have to go to the Passiflora in Novigrad?

No, I can not even return to the hideout upstairs. The door is closed at the bottom . And I see no looking down the ... ;(

Guest 3819236

C'est possible que Roche t'attende autre part pour une autre quête. Tu peux me dire quelle autre quête tu as?

Thank you

---------- Updated at 11:28 AM ----------

@damo404

Alors , je n'ai plus aucune quête par a port a Roche , ni a Dijkstra.

Je peux d'ailleurs les trouver "chez eux" mais ils n'ont aucune quête à me donner ( Roche à la planque près de Oxenfurt et Dijkstra aux bains ) Et comme je l'ai dit je n'ai qie Oeil pour Oeil de Roche, et il n'est pas au point sous l'arbre . J'ai bien regarder toutes les autres quêtes , ainsi que les echecs, mais rien en rapport avec Roche ( a part dans terminée )

---------- Updated at 11:29 AM ----------

---------- Updated at 11:31 AM ----------

Et aussi , ils étaient les deux en haut de Passiflora , ils m'ont envoyé sauvé le cordonnier , et après plus rien . La quête Oeil pour oeil bloquée , et les deux chez eux .

I am having the same problem as you are, Roche is nowhere near the Hanged Man's Tree, and I have completed the quest for Dijkstra "A Deadly Plot", Roche still isn't there.

Another Problem I seem to have ( I think), is that alittle south-east of 'Border Post', there is a 'Person's In Distress', I killed the bandits, got the key, opened the cage. Only problem is that the Cage is empty, and no one else near it. Is it supposed to be like this?

Thank you for your help.

P.S. I am on PC.

Last edited:
I am having the same problem as you are, Roche is nowhere near the Hanged Man's Tree, and I have completed the quest for Dijkstra "A Deadly Plot", Roche still isn't there.

Another Problem I seem to have ( I think), is that alittle south-east of 'Border Post', there is a 'Person's In Distress', I killed the bandits, got the key, opened the cage. Only problem is that the Cage is empty, and no one else near it. Is it supposed to be like this?

Thank you for your help.

P.S. I am on PC.

Could you please send me your save file? (marcin.momot@cdprojektred.com) It will help us resolve the issue quicker.

Personally I start on a backup just before "eye for eye" and Vernon is there. I lost 6 level and 10 hours of play, but it is worth again

I ended up doing the same anyway. By taking a previous save I was able to meet up with Roche (A Save before I took the quest 'A Deadly Plot') It worked. Only saves before the Deadly Plot worked.

This also helped having the merchant in the 'Person in Distress' spawn. :)

Hey, I could use a hand. Currently I'm rather far into the story, up to "Isle of Mist" gather allies part, and I need ti 'gather' Roche. The only problem is the quest where you 'gather' him, eye for an eye seems broken. He's supposed to show up at the Hanged tree, but he's not there. Even when I'm standing right on where the quest marker is, he's simply nonexistent. And I've tried everything, from meditating, to restarting my system, to reloading a save from way before the gather allies part, and still nothing. He still just doesn't show up, and I've run out of ideas. And as if you don't grab him you can't continue with the main quest line, I'm completely stuck. So, has anyone else experienced this? And if you have, how'd you fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. on ps4 !!!

---------- Updated at 07:11 PM ----------

some help please ?

Unfortunately I have the same problem with The Eye For an Eye quest! It asks me to meet Roche under the Hanged man tree but when I go Roche is not there! I'm on PS4! I have plenty of misions to do yet, I hope you guys can solve this easily! Thanx for this awesome game BTW

Mekc

Forum regular
Well, how to fix it? It seems the Deadly Plot mission bugged this one. There's NO Roche near the Hanged Man Tree. And I can't do the quest.

I didn't really care before, but now I have Brother in Arms quest and I can't get Roche. I can't load about 20-25 hours of gameplay between now and the moment I got this side quest.

It's so sad the quest that has a great influence on the plot is BUGGED. What shall I do? How to fix it now? I'm ready to run 1500-3000 steps with Roche if I have too, just tell me where to find it so that he can follow me.

It's already 3 days since this topic is started and developers are aware of it. How about fixing it? We bought the game ("we" - meaning a lot of players with dozens of similar topics in Steam Forums - take a look), I want to progress with game FURTHER. Not be stopped by a bug.

P.S.: no one would really care, if it was some unimportant side quest that you can just skip. But it is a quest relating to one of the most important characters in the game and it ruins the plot. I don't think it's so hard to fix it.

P.P.S: I'm not a PS4 user, I'm a PC user.

Last edited:
Top Bottom