Quest An Eye for An Eye Broken ( PS4 )

+

Mekc

Forum regular
It seems also that I have all guys (and girls) for Full Crew Trophy, except for Vernon Roche and Ves because of the bugged "An Eye for an Eye".

Terrible bug that really wastes plot and game.

Mekc

Forum regular
i have the same problem, PS4, French version. i can't finish the game...

By the way, if we decide to skip Roche completely, we still can't finish quests? I think we can. My Brothers in Arms quest allows to skip Roche. Although I don't want to lose plot and play like that.

Roche also not at Hangman's Tree on Xbox One. Marker is present, Roche isn't.

Tried travel, loading, hard reset, and earlier saves. Seems if you don't immediately follow him, he disappears.

Need a fix.

---------- Updated at 04:42 AM ----------

Found a workaround.

I went to the mission where you plan an assassination because I figured Roche would spawn there, he did, after the mission I went to Hangman's Tree and after a moment Roche spawned.

I assume if you have this issue, finding any dialogue scene with Roche can force a spawn back at this mission.

Good luck.

Roche also not at Hangman's Tree on Xbox One. Marker is present, Roche isn't.

Tried travel, loading, hard reset, and earlier saves. Seems if you don't immediately follow him, he disappears.

Need a fix.

---------- Updated at 04:42 AM ----------

Found a workaround.

I went to the mission where you plan an assassination because I figured Roche would spawn there, he did, after the mission I went to Hangman's Tree and after a moment Roche spawned.

I assume if you have this issue, finding any dialogue scene with Roche can force a spawn back at this mission.

Good luck.

Could you define which mission you are talking about please? What is the name of the mission? I thought i could make something similar by meeting Roche, in the Gwent mission and playing cards with him! I thought that would force him to spawn under the Tree! Unfortunately when i went to the tree he still wasn't there!

Last edited:

Mekc

Forum regular
Found a workaround.

Good luck.

Can you please explain more in detail? You will help quite a lot of people... You are speaking about a bordel building in Novigrad?

---------- Updated at 09:55 AM ----------

where do i find this file?

I dunno on PS4 or Xbox One. I sent the developer my Saved File from a PC with this problem to his email. It's location: C:/Users/Username/Documents/The Witcher 3/gamesaves.

---------- Updated at 10:15 AM ----------

Found a workaround.

Good luck.

Ok so I went to Passiflora where I last saw Roche (as well as Djikstra) on the top floor. But I could not get to the top floor (it's a secret door opened by the hostess, and is closed), as I already finished the quest.

Did you do something else?

Hey, I got the same prolbem as well.
After I recieved the "deadly plot"-quest Roche wasn't at the tree. I haven't started the quest though. Dykstra just invited me.
I hope this bug is fixed soon...

Ok. To clarify:

I don't remember the name of the mission but it's the one where you meet Dijkstra at Passiflora to help with Radovid's assassination plot (a deadly plot or something similar). I hadn't activated it before Roche disappeared from Hangman's Tree.

I went to Passiflora and activated the mission, then immediately went to Hangman's Tree after leaving passiflora and Roche spawned after I got there.

Mekc

Forum regular
Ok. To clarify:

I don't remember the name of the mission but it's the one where you meet Dijkstra at Passiflora to help with Radovid's assassination plot (a deadly plot or something similar). I hadn't activated it before Roche disappeared from Hangman's Tree.

I went to Passiflora and activated the mission, then immediately went to Hangman's Tree after leaving passiflora and Roche spawned after I got there.

Well, thanks for explanation and good for you.

I have finished "A Deadly Plot" quest you are speaking about like 20-25 hours ago.

Ok. To clarify:

Thanks, that trick worked for me at least!

Exactement le même problème que toi. J'ai lu que normalement, après la quête "maintenant ou jamais" une autre quête se lance ("a deadly plot" en anglais), mais rien dans mon cas (j'ai vérifié dans le journal, y compris dans les échecs). J'ai sauvé le cordonnier et aucune nouvelle mission n'apparaît... Et Roche reste dans son camp quoi que je fasse...

Same here. Roche is not at the tree so I can't continue the main quest. I understand bugs happen, but it's just a bit disappointing that a small bug messes the main story up. PC user

Same problem here, PC User... It ruins my whole experience (bro with Roche since TW2) and I want to complete at 100% this game... I can't really go further without this quest.

---------- Updated at 10:06 AM ----------

Thanks, that trick worked for me at least!

What if you already completed "A Deadly Plot"?

I seem to be having the same issues. I've completed a deadly plot but can not see Roche by the tree. Please assist.

Top Bottom