Quest: Beat on the Brat: The Glen

+
How does this quest work? The quest is "Low" Difficulty for me now but I still get 1 shotted with a kick? My punches hardly effect him? Is this quest working correctly? Or is this just one of the stupid things in this game?

It's just kind of how the fist fights work. That's actually one of the easier fights though. I'd recommend keeping distance and getting the dodge timing down on his blink attack. Once you figure out the timing keep distance/play defensive, dodge his blink attack and drop a combo on him (charged heavy for stun/disorient, 2-3x light hits). Rinse/repeat for the entire fight.

Don't bother blocking against most fighters either. It doesn't work against many attacks. Even if you time it perfectly. Just move outta the way/dodge.

It's lvl of difficulty for char lvl is low. But the mechanic is using something you've very likely no perked into and have not used to get practice with. But there is a work around.

As you've noticed, your melee attacks do paltry damage but the opponent can KO you in 2-3 hits. So the key is not to get hit.

Some tips I found useful:
1, Dodging is essential. When the opponent moves to attack, get out of the way by dodging then quickly close the distance to land 2-3 punches then move away. Stay too long in melee distance and eventually the opponent will land a hit.
2. If you can, go to a ripperdoc and equip yourself with gorilla arms. It does way better damage to your opponent then your bare hands.
3. There's also a way to cheese the fight by dropping a non-lethal melee weapon such as a baseball bat in the ring when the fight starts, then equipping it (as opposed to merely picking it up) and thereafter using it for the fight. Cheesy, but evens the odds. You're still vulnerable but at least you can now dish out the hurt.

As you've noticed, your melee attacks do paltry damage but the opponent can KO you in 2-3 hits. So the key is not to get hit.

Some tips I found useful:
1, Dodging is essential. When the opponent moves to attack, get out of the way by dodging then quickly close the distance to land 2-3 punches then move away. Stay too long in melee distance and eventually the opponent will land a hit.
2. If you can, go to a ripperdoc and equip yourself with gorilla arms. It does way better damage to your opponent then your bare hands.
3. There's also a way to cheese the fight by dropping a non-lethal melee weapon such as a baseball bat in the ring when the fight starts, then equipping it (as opposed to merely picking it up) and thereafter using it for the fight. Cheesy, but evens the odds. You're still vulnerable but at least you can now dish out the hurt.
Regarding 3. - It only works if you already have three weapons equipped.

No, you can have nothing equiped. You just use R instead of F when looting to auto-equip.

No, you can have nothing equiped. You just use R instead of F when looting to auto-equip.
I've tried that and it doesn't work, the game is actively trying to prevent you from having weapons equipped in these missions so if you pick up a weapon with R it will switch to another empty weapon slot to keep you unarmed. The only way to keep the weapon you pick up equipped is to have all weapon slots occupied so it can't switch to another slot without giving you a weapon you're not supposed to be able to use at that time.

just move back and straight forward with a heavy punch ready, the AI won't do anything unpredictable this way and practice dodging, it is very annoying to do on very hard with a char that has 3 body but doable. If you see him doing his punch in the ground thing, dodge a lot, you'll get hit even if you dodge only once, cause it's got some aoe range.
Oh and he is even in the ending depending on what you do after beating him.

To equip the weapon, you have to loot with R after the punches start flying, otherwise like you said it gets unequiped.

Fights are pretty easy if you have gorilla arms. I then applied the fire and bleeding mods. They go down pretty quick. Also, their big hits are easy to dodge. Wait until they hit sequence is completed, then go in for a few punches. Rinse and repeat.

Also, there is no consequence to setting the combat difficulty to the easiest level if the fight gets too frustrating.

When they are attacking I use double jump to stay away. When they stop attacking or whenever I see an opportunity I use the strong attack. If they are blocking their face I aim for the stomach by ducking. If my attack knocks them down, I'll go in for some combo hits. Soon as they are ready to attack again I double jump away. I also make sure to apply some consumables before the fights. There's one that increases max health by 20%, and another for stamina increase of 50%.

I keybind crouch to my mouse 3 button, it makes dodging alot more easier than double tapping C

Played on normal and didn't had gorilla arms.

From Body / Brawling stagger inducing perks helped a lot, made fights shorter. It's still important to know when to stop punching and get some distance to recover stamina.

Dodging is important combined with distance. Let them hit, dodge and start your combo.

I was on 1.06 when when I did these and at least on that version there's a bug regarding opponent hit tracking, making them able to hit you even when they are quite far away or face 90 degrees to other direction. I used a lot of distance between my character and opponent to avoid being hit like that.

Workaround I have read regarding opponent hit tracking:
Leg cyberware, hits don't track that much vertically

Whenever someone is about to start punching. I'd run around in circles and jump like a idiot. The melee system is crummy and these fighting missions are harder than boss fights. These should be the games bosses. Cheese to win, since they do.

Whats so annoying about this quest, is that while avoiding being hit... my punches hardly do any damage making the fight long and boring. lol It cant bring myself to finish the fight.

Whats so annoying about this quest, is that while avoiding being hit... my punches hardly do any damage making the fight long and boring. lol It cant bring myself to finish the fight.

Get gorilla arms and then the fire/bleeding mods for them. One punch even on the hardest enemy, they lose 5pts or so. Then the bleeding makes them go down about 10 more points over a few seconds. Before I had this, I was doing 1pt of damage per hit with no conditions causing more dmg. So it took a long time to beat an opponent.

then get gorilla arms with any of the mods for dot damage, it will be much easier even with nothing in body on highest difficulty or even go to easy if you want, just do the back and forth thing, it will be slow but easy cause he won't go into any combo anymore he'll always try to do just that punch so you'll know what's coming.
I'mo with a char that has nothing in body this guy is more annoying than Razor cause of the aoe, but at least the fight takes much less time.

I use evasion with active Kerenzikov for these fist fighting. You can nicely move to side and be in opponent back when he is in weakest moments after his attack. With some training you can time it to release 2 strong attacks before he punches you back. The worst is keep concentration, bcs 1-2 mistakes and fight is over :) . ... in fights also can nicely help cyberware 2nd heart and biomonitor and Microgenerator. In last fight I defeated Razor few times just by shock when he took me down :)

Top Bottom