Quest Breaking Bug: Brendan The Vending Machine

+
Hello,

I'm also having this issue unfortunately. I completed the task of pushing the dumpster aside. I don't recall seeing the initial interaction with the woman later, but it's certainly possible that I missed it. Like many of the above users, I only see an icon over Brendan but no way to interact with him.

I tried purchasing a NiCola, which he dutifully dispensed to me, albeit silently :(

Also hoping this issue gets addressed soon, as it's close to my final gig in a completionist run.

Weird thing about this quest. I got the achievement for completing all gigs and ncpd scanner hustles in westbrook, where he is located. I also got the rest of these achievements so it's not that this mission isn't for some reason not a westbrook mission. It's like the game sees it as if it was completed on the achievement side and as "Who knows what you might find?" on the map.

Weird thing about this quest. I got the achievement for completing all gigs and ncpd scanner hustles in westbrook, where he is located. I also got the rest of these achievements so it's not that this mission isn't for some reason not a westbrook mission. It's like the game sees it as if it was completed on the achievement side and as "Who knows what you might find?" on the map.
His quest is a side job, so it isn't a "gig" required for the achievement - thankfully. Side jobs are just standalone jobs not tied to any achievements or fixers.

Yeah, same issue here. I just simply can't proceed in 100% completing the game because of this and one other one involving an SOS Merc Needed where a girl needs coolant from the bathroom.

Same issue, my final side job.
The woman did spawn and I listened to some of their conversation but I didn't know they would spawn a quest so I did some other shit, and then she never reappeared.

Okay so apparently, Brendan's quest is a gig. Which means I cannot 100% the game on steam.
This being a GIG, you cannot receive the steam achievement related to completing all gigs in Watson.
In other words, I have completed every single job/sidejob/gig/bought every ride/I've done everything else in the game, only this remains.
I think what I'm gonna do is save the game here in front of brendan, continue past the Point of no return of the story so I can finish it (I'm at around 100 hours in the game now), and then when they fix it, I'll just reload my save and finish his quest to get the last achievement.
I LOVE THIS GAME. Even though it has bugs, I just cannot hate on it.
The devs worked really really hard on this, the world building shows that they've put their heart and soul into the game, and I enjoyed every single minute of it.
From time to time, I'll still start Cyberpunk, just to look around the city and just enjoy the looks.
If anyone from the devs read this, I hope you don't feel bad about the stuff that's happening right now. You've put everything you could into the game and I can see that. I hope we all have a great and safe Christmas.
PS.: Fellow game developer.

I spent an hour trying to get the girl to show up I tried changing the time, leaving the area, fast travelling but nope still broken. Guess I gotta wait till they patch it literally the last thing I might just try to do all my achievements.
you named everything I tried to start the quest with. 2 hours in the trash can

Same problem. Please fix cpr!
Post automatically merged:

Went back 4 hours and found the girl talking to the machine.

Last edited:
Yeah I’m having the same issue . Was on a quest nearby and heard and saw the conversation between him and the woman, but since there wasn’t a quest marker over them at the time I just continued on with the quest I was one. Now that there IS a quest marker over him, he is totally silent when I stand in front of him.

Okay so apparently, Brendan's quest is a gig. Which means I cannot 100% the game on steam.
This being a GIG, you cannot receive the steam achievement related to completing all gigs in Watson.
It isn't a gig, I thought it was like you but I eventually unlocked the achievement. It is a side job, and not tied to any fixer or achievement. What you likely need to do for Watson, is skip ahead a few days in time and look for a new Police job to pop up. I had to skip ahead 4-5 days, a single day at a time to get the last Police scanner to pop up for Watson. Once I did it, it unlocked the achievement.

My second quest hasn't spawned up either. I'm guessing the young lady was one of the victims of my accidental grenade I dropped, I should have reloaded, in this area early, early on. lol Hopefully this can be pushed through eventually. Im 3 quests from the point of no return quest, hopefully this will be fixed by then. I may start another run through and wait to complete.

Anyone else still getting this bug? I thought 1.06 will fix it cause its rather annoying that I cant progress with the quest. :(

Top Bottom