Quest Breaking Bug: Brendan The Vending Machine

+
> Spray Paint should now trigger properly when player approaches Brendan.

According to the IGN Wiki, Spay Paint is supposed to start after your second encounter with Theo Price, a girl who is supposed to chat with Brendan. But I've never seen Theo Price either. :( 1.21 definitely didn't fix it for me.

Weird, it's always work for me :(
I finished it on my 1.2 playtrought and also yesterday on my 1.21 playtrougth.
(without paying special attention, just walking past during "Automatic Love", "Ex-Factor", "Pisces" and the last time just for that)

> Did you guys walk close enough to trigger the conversation?

I've literally stood on top of Brendan. :p

I did the mission where I pushed the dumpster out of the way. After that, I walked past Brendan at the end of the various Judy missions without paying him much attention - Theo might have been there, and I could have missed her, but she isn't there now. I have a "Who knows what you might find?" mission marker on top of Brendan, and nothing I do makes anything happen there. I've tried buying things from Brendan, I've tried fast-traveling away, waiting 24 hours, traveling back by car. I've tried saving and reloading. I've tried sleeping. I've tried doing other missions and then checking back. Nada.

> Did you guys walk close enough to trigger the conversation?

I've literally stood on top of Brendan. :p

I did the mission where I pushed the dumpster out of the way. After that, I walked past Brendan at the end of the various Judy missions without paying him much attention - Theo might have been there, and I could have missed her, but she isn't there now. I have a "Who knows what you might find?" mission marker on top of Brendan, and nothing I do makes anything happen there. I've tried buying things from Brendan, I've tried fast-traveling away, waiting 24 hours, traveling back by car. I've tried saving and reloading. I've tried sleeping. I've tried doing other missions and then checking back. Nada.

I just recently did the mission and didn't see Theo but Brenden was acting like she was there. Once he was done I was able to get close to him and ask him "who was the girl you were talking to?".

+1

Same problem here. There's simply no Theo to talk with.

XSX v1.22
When you said that, it's because :
- you did not talk to her when you first pass nearby and now the quest is stuck (despite the patch/hotfix) ?
Because never have this problem on XB (1X and SX) since day one. But i always speak to her directly :(
(Normally, we only speak to her during the last quest (Coin operated Boy).

I have completed this to the part where Brendan is reprogrammed. I am now told to talk to Theo, but she has disappeared. There is no map marker for her either. I have found the spot where Brendan was, but no Theo. Cant complete this quest either now.

When you said that, it's because :
- you did not talk to her when you first pass nearby and now the quest is stuck (despite the patch/hotfix) ?
Because never have this problem on XB (1X and SX) since day one. But i always speak to her directly :(
(Normally, we only speak to her during the last quest (Coin operated Boy).

Just for another data point, I didn't talk to Theo until Brendan disappeared, and the quest still completed as expected for me.

Out of curiosity, does there appear to be any difference for folks between if you fast travel or drive? Like if you run/drive there and back does Theo still disappear?

I'm just trying to brainstorm as well! This ended up being one of my favorite questlines, sniff.

I gave up on the quest when mine got stuck after talking to Brandon, after he talked to the girl. Went off and did a bunch of other quests/gigs. By the time I came back, the vandal was there and I was able to finish :)

Out of curiosity, does there appear to be any difference for folks between if you fast travel or drive? Like if you run/drive there and back does Theo still disappear?
I always "drive" and Theo was always there since day one :)
(and I'm doing Brendan quest line at the same time as Judy's quests, that's fit quite perfectly).

Good to see that 8 months later they still havn't fixed it. It was the last outstanding mission which stopped me from getting 100% and the reason why I didn't bother trying to play the game again.

But hey, lets focus on police spawning from thin air 50 yards out as opposed to 5.

Top Bottom