Quest breaking bug: Gig - Many Ways to Skin a Cat

+
I am still unable to complete this quest after the latest patch 1.05. Quest does not trigger the next segment, and when i connect to the terminal my caracther is stuck and i have to reload the game.

PC through Steam.

The thing is. If you already had the bug in play. Most likely the patch that would have the fix. Wouldn't fix it. Since the triggers that bugged out, already happened. If we could restart missions. Than it would work.

Loving the game. The quest hangs when at "Authorize via personal link" part. I assume it's as FRANTESLA said;

The issue is that the Quest does not advance when you reach the building, it always says "Go to the...", if you watch on youtube people completing the mission, the mission log changes to Jack in and open the doors
Post automatically merged:

Loving the game. The quest hangs when at "Authorize via personal link" part. I assume it's as FRANTESLA said;
In patching the action/trigger, they could also make this van "break-in-able" for users already past that point.

Last edited:
The thing is. If you already had the bug in play. Most likely the patch that would have the fix. Wouldn't fix it. Since the triggers that bugged out, already happened. If we could restart missions. Than it would work.

The bug wasn't fixed in 1.05. So if things work out after restarting it it's just random luck. I started the entire quest in 1.05 and still got stuck.

i have this bug to and tried if i could trigger a fail or something so i destroed the van but quest didn't fail or anything really hoped i could restart it that way but i guess not.

Attachments

• Screenshot (104).png
    Screenshot (104).png
    2.5 MB · Views: 126
I have a Van under textures in my actual save game.
Tried to load old save where quest is not active and its worked, but it is too long ago.
If we have some tools to "reset quest" or "clear" save file from triggers may be it should work.

Same issue here. Connect to the computer and it doesn't let you do anything. Can't even log out of the computer, have to restart the game. Cannot progress in the many ways to skin a cat mission whatsoever.

Playing on the Series X.

Great idea. I'm trying anything pretty much too lol

i have this bug to and tried if i could trigger a fail or something so i destroed the van but quest didn't fail or anything really hoped i could restart it that way but i guess not.

I tried entering the building from every entrance, including the window at the top. I quit the mission for a while, went back to it. Still nothing. Just helping everyone narrow down the possibilities. Someone might find a way.

Hi, I am also facing some issues with the game, I sent a support ticket to GOG but no reply yet. Apparently Regina doesnt even call me when I am near the area, I cleared everyone out, tried to jack in and got stuck, tried to enter the van and drive out but nothing is happening.. Is there any fix to this or do I have to wait for a new patch?

Attachments

• Mission bug cyberpunk.PNG
    Mission bug cyberpunk.PNG
    4 MB · Views: 88
  • Mission bug cyberpunk 2.PNG
    Mission bug cyberpunk 2.PNG
    4.8 MB · Views: 75
I also have this problem in the mission and I believe it occurs by starting the mission, collecting something in the area without completing it and then loading it again later in the story. :( Sorry for my english.
Post automatically merged:

I think I will restart the game without engaging in any secondary missions and contracts. It is very frustrating to have to restart such an exciting story. Never again on day one

Last edited:
Are you accessing the computer on the bottom floor or the top? Bottom won't work, you have to go up to the third floor to clear van access.

I am currently bugged at the very end of this quest. I take the van into the garage to drop it off, and there are no prompts to open the door and get out. I'm stuck there, can't finish it or exit from it.

Playing on PC.
Sadly having a different problem in this quest. I was able to hack in the computer first time, no problem. BUT then i need to "Enter the van" and i simply cant proceed. Upon entering the van nothing changes, quest objectiv is just the same, I can ride in the van with quest marker on top of it. I even watched the walkthrough on Youtube and arived on the destination, but garage door just stays closed. I cant get an achievement because last quest on the location is not working properly. First serius bug that ever occured though. Please fix it!

Same issue on ps4 here, it been fixed with any of the patches so far. Jack in the computer and nothing happens, I just get stuck at that screen no pro
Hi all,

Just checking if anyone else had an issue with the Gig"Many Ways To Skin a Cat". It doesn't seem to trigger the next stage for me when entering the premises as instructed and is stuck on "to the Revere Courier Services facility". When I go to the next stage and try to plug in to a computer to gain access to the van, it simply gets stuck.

I tried loading a previous save, verifying cache, I have 1.04 hotfix installed. No good. Any tips on how to potentially override this?

Thanks,
B
Same issue here on ps4 still no fix as of yet

chiming in to say I have the same issue (windows 10 pro, steam edition) - won't progress even with stealth. I jack into the yellow PC upstairs to authorise and nothing happens, I just get stuck and have to reload the game.

the same problem. and it s the last gig i have before moving on to the talk with hanako. so should i wait for the fix so i wont lose the progress?

i cleared all the guards, just come there from time to time to check if anything changed

i cleared all the guards, just come there from time to time to check if anything changed
there is "kinda" free roam after the main quest, so do the ending, and then you can make this when is fixed
(still waiting on this one, and the girl netruner in red suit, both quest don't progress)

Top Bottom