Quest Breaking Bug - "With little help from friends"

+
I've come across an issue where i cannot continue the dialogue options when standing at the train yard, the quest cannot be continued because i am required to respond to a question from Panam.

When you first arrive to the train yard with Panam and the other npcs, they have a brief chat about what is needed to be done, panam then asks the player if they have any questions and needs a required response to trigger the next part of the quest. I had completed this stage the first time around, went into the control tower, found the punch card, started the train and then into a dialogue with Panam on the railing overlooking the train.

I chose the wrong dialogue option accidently and let the conversation play out, knowing that i chose the wrong option i reloaded the previous checkpoint which is right at the point of the initial dialogue at the train yard, this is when the issue occurred and has now broken the quest. It seems the reload directly into the conversation breaks the dialogue option.

Reloading the checkpoint, fast travelling to another location, selecting/doing another quest and restarting the game do not fix the issue.

I've had a look through a few pages and could not see this bug as an issue, apologies if its been reported already.

I also come across a couple of other bugs with the quest that are less major -

- When leaving the camp with Panam, in her car you being a dialogue which starts as being in car with her directly then goes into audio that sounds like you are talking over a radio to her

- After starting the train you sit with everyone around a makeshift fire, during this sequence there are animations with people drinking, this animation cuts dialogue and delays dialogue heavily as the npcs seem to drink over and over and over again, to the point where 1 sentence is said at a tiem before another animation drink

Last edited:
I ran into a similar bug. I am at the train yard and the quest wants me to talk to the Nomads. Except when I go to talk to them no dialog options appear and they stare at me, judging my life choices.

I have validated my file per suggestions, reverted to a previous save file and still no relief. This is stuck and I can't progress with this story line anymore.

I reloaded to back before the initial conversation with Saul at the camp. This time when I got to the train yard, conversation options were there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom