Quest Bug - Dirty Funds

+
Yup, ran into the same problem this last week. Would be awesome if they fix this, along with the "Phantom of the Trade Route" glitch.

Hey guys! It's been month+ atm and I did asked RED TO fix it as you... When I started to give them my opinion on the case all of my messages were deleted including the one that requested A FULL REFUND!!!

SO RED I WANT A FULL REFUND ON THIS SHIT GAME AND THIS SHIT SEASON PASS AS YOU CANNOT PROVIDE US WITH SERVICE THAT IS NECESSARY!!!
YOU RELEASE GAME WITH BROKEN CODE AND THINK YOU WILL DELETE THIS COMMENT AS WELL???

I WANT MY FULL REFUND AS I STILL CAN'T CONTINUE TO PLAY AS THIS QUEST DOES NOT COMPLETE!!!

If you will delete this comment you will see this whole thread posted around the INTERNET SO PEOPLE KNOW HOW YOU DO BUSINESS!!!
YOU CAN'T FIX EVEN THIS SMALL BUG WHICH BEEN HERE SINCE RELEASE!!!

AGAIN I WANT MY REFUND! NOW!!!

---------- Updated at 10:36 PM ----------

I BOUGHT A GAME ON PRE-ORDER!!! AND SINCE I COULD NOT MOVE FROM LVL 1 AS OF THIS BUG!!!!

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Updated at 10:37 PM ----------

We aware of the issue and it will be fixed : )
WHEN? NEXT YEAR?

I WANT MY REFUND!!! RESPOND NOW!!!

---------- Updated at 10:39 PM ----------

FUCKING CIRCUS!!!!

---------- Updated at 10:40 PM ----------

Yup, ran into the same problem this last week. Would be awesome if they fix this, along with the "Phantom of the Trade Route" glitch.
This is out since release... They don't intend to fix it... You know why? Cause you already gave your money away!

---------- Updated at 10:41 PM ----------

Any update?
Don't even count on it...

I WANT MY FULL REFUND AS I STILL CAN'T CONTINUE TO PLAY AS THIS QUEST DOES NOT COMPLETE!!!...

...I COULD NOT MOVE FROM LVL 1 AS OF THIS BUG!!!!

I understand your frustration with the bug, but given this is just a treasure hunt very early in the game (i.e. whatever you find will quickly be superseded) and does not block progression in any way, I strongly suggest you just keep playing and (if inclined) complete the quest once its fixed.

The issue has been fixed in patch 1.06 for PC and 1.05 for consoles. Should be work with old saves as well. If you still have issues with the doors please contact with costumer support and it will be looked into.

If you will delete this comment you will see this whole thread posted around the INTERNET SO PEOPLE KNOW HOW YOU DO BUSINESS!!!
YOU CAN'T FIX EVEN THIS SMALL BUG WHICH BEEN HERE SINCE RELEASE!!!

Hey, just calm the f*ck down mate. AND DON'T THINK YOUR SITUATION IS THE NORM! :blink:
I did two playthroughs, one with the 1.03 patch (just a few hours) and the second one with the 1.05+1.06 versions of the game (the one I am playing right now). The quest worked fine on both.

"Dirty Funds" is just a basic side quest you can play on early levels and It definitely doesn't prevent you from going further in the game in any way. What the heck is the problem with just forgetting it and go on?? You will still have hundreds of things to do. Litteraly hundreds of side-quests & treasure hunts. ;)

Your problem must be related to your save so, since you're just at level 1, go ahead and reinstall the game + GOG galaxy + start a f*cking new game.
And you getting a "refund" is none of our business, so please go shout somewhere else.

I understand your frustration with the bug, but given this is just a treasure hunt very early in the game (i.e. whatever you find will quickly be superseded) and does not block progression in any way, I strongly suggest you just keep playing and (if inclined) complete the quest once its fixed.
I know, but as I stated earlier, I have got OCD and this is really frustrating for me... I can not move forward until this is marked as complete!

---------- Updated at 01:05 PM ----------

Hey, just calm the f*ck down mate. AND DON'T THINK YOUR SITUATION IS THE NORM! :blink:
I did two playthroughs, one with the 1.03 patch (just a few hours) and the second one with the 1.05+1.06 versions of the game (the one I am playing right now). The quest worked fine on both.

"Dirty Funds" is just a basic side quest you can play on early levels and It definitely doesn't prevent you from going further in the game in any way. What the heck is the problem with just forgetting it and go on?? You will still have hundreds of things to do. Litteraly hundreds of side-quests & treasure hunts. ;)

Your problem must be related to your save so, since you're just at level 1, go ahead and reinstall the game + GOG galaxy + start a f*cking new game.
And you getting a "refund" is none of our business, so please go shout somewhere else.

By LvL 1 I meant that I am still on the first map where everything is complete except story quest, which I won't be starting until this is marked as COMPLETE!
I know, but as I stated earlier, I have got OCD and this is really frustrating for me... I can not move forward until this is marked as complete!

---------- Updated at 01:08 PM ----------

The issue has been fixed in patch 1.06 for PC and 1.05 for consoles. Should be work with old saves as well. If you still have issues with the doors please contact with costumer support and it will be looked into.
I still do have an issue!
I check the game once in a few days and read the "Scrawled note" and change the tracking quest and return to dirty business which is still marked as quest in progress and won't complete...

as I stated earlier, I have got OCD and this is really frustrating for me... I can not move forward until this is marked as complete!
Sorry about that. You really should at least start a new game and go to the "?" mark related to "Dirty Funds" as soon as you get to White Orchards.
If you can achieve the quest, then it's your older save that was "corrupted" and you'll have to stick with your new game. If not, you can take up your refund application again.

Sorry about that. You really should at least start a new game and go to the "?" mark related to "Dirty Funds" as soon as you get to White Orchards.
If you can achieve the quest, then it's your older save that was "corrupted" and you'll have to stick with your new game. If not, you can take up your refund application again.
I tried to get a refund from steam, but when I got the game the refund policy was not there yet and now when it is there I've got more than 2hrs of gameplay so I won't be able to get the refund from steam... and this is why I requested my refund here...
I just won't get myself to start the new game cause I know it will turn in to "TES:Skyrim" which I started over and over again after which I just lost all the interest or will to play it... I don't want same to happen with Witcher as I really enjoy the series and the lore of that world, starting over just ruins it for me...

I just wish that devs could get me some code or command to just make that quest completed so that I can move on and leave this nightmare behind...
Cause really it's been month+ now of me opening the game seeing that quest is still broken and close it... I enjoyed it only for one day, before the broken quest started. There should be some console command to complete that quest...

P.S. There were two other quest which were broken, but somehow they completed themselves so I was not even bother to write in forums about it...

I tried to get a refund from steam, but when I got the game the refund policy was not there yet and now when it is there I've got more than 2hrs of gameplay so I won't be able to get the refund from steam... and this is why I requested my refund here...
I just won't get myself to start the new game cause I know it will turn in to "TES:Skyrim" which I started over and over again after which I just lost all the interest or will to play it... I don't want same to happen with Witcher as I really enjoy the series and the lore of that world, starting over just ruins it for me...
I get what you mean with the Skyrim syndrome. I would still "new game" a shot since it's just a way to diagnose the problem.
And ask for a refund without even trying to find a solution on your own still looks like an over-reaction for me... But again, none of my business ^_^

I get what you mean with the Skyrim syndrome. I would still "new game" a shot since it's just a way to diagnose the problem.
And ask for a refund without even trying to find a solution on your own still looks like an over-reaction for me... But again, none of my business ^_^
I'm sure you will understand this: When I buy a game I expect to play it from start to finish without restarts, I expect the game to work and be tested before the release...
So I think I DON'T Have to search for the solution, I payed money for the FINAL product not a broken code to deal with!

P.S. They don't pay me so why would I diagnose the problem with their game?

Last edited:
I'm sure you will understand this: When I buy a game I expect to play it from start to finish without restarts, I expect the game to work and be tested before the release...
So I think I DON'T Have to search for the solution, I payed money for the FINAL product not a broken code to deal with!

P.S. They don't pay me so why would I diagnose the problem with their game?
Dirty Funds is one of the 89 main & secondary quests, not counting treasure hunts, "?" marks and DLCs quests. Refusing to make a 1 hour effort (or just getting over that bug) and then ask for a refund feels like a childish/nitpicking behavior to me. It's just my opinion ;).

To conclude the "off topic"', do whatever floats you boat ^_^

Dirty Funds is one of the 89 main & secondary quests, not counting treasure hunts, "?" marks and DLCs quests. Refusing to make a 1 hour effort (or just getting over that bug) and then ask for a refund feels like a childish/nitpicking behavior to me. It's just my opinion ;).

To conclude the "off topic"', do whatever floats you boat ^_^

Well, I kind of get what you are saying, but if you have any friends with OCD ask them and they will try their best to explain...
Most of normal people won't get it though, even my family is having problem with understanding this.

I've had this bug present since I first started playing over a month ago. It's not a big deal and any XP awarded if they fixed this would be completely negligible since I'm waaay past level 2...but it does bother me because it's just sitting there in my quest log, looking like it wants attention but I can't do anything for it. Poor little quest. You are never forgotten.

I still HAVE the PROBLEM with this!!!
So when should I expect this quest to finally auto-complete?
Can you give me some sort of console command or exe attribute to finish it?
OR A REFUND for the GAME and SEASON PASS?

Or perhaps you will just not respond as usually until I start swearing and you can ban me?

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Since this wasn't resolved for my playthrough on Xbox One, I contacted support as advised by GingerNaTT. Here's the response I received:

"There's a chance that the fix will not work retroactively.
It should work properly on a new playthrough, though."

Should we now consider this bug closed or might we continue to hope for a solution for games in progress?

Last edited:
Since this wasn't resolved for my playthrough on Xbox One, I contacted support as advised by GingerNaTT. Here's the response I received:

"There's a chance that the fix will not work retroactively.
It should work properly on a new playthrough, though."

Should we now consider this bug closed or might we continue to hope for a solution for games in progress?

DEFINITELY NOT!!! We still have an ISSUE and they have to MAKE OUR QUEST COMPLETE!!!
This is insane and UNACCEPTABLE to SHIT one people WHO SUPPORTED THEM and PRE-ORDERED THE GAME!!!

I want my quest to be marked as COMPLETE or A FULL REFUND for the GAME Pre-Order and SEASON PASS!!!

This is a great example of how RED Studios care about people who supported them by Pre-Ordering the Game and Season Pass...

Top Bottom