Quest bug report: "Count Reuven's Treasure"

+
Quest bug report: "Count Reuven's Treasure"

During the quest Count Reuven's Tresure, if you choose to sneak out of the Witch Hunters' HQ you have to jump over one inner wall to get to another walled area. At this area, the game wants the player to destroy part of the outer wall using Aard, after what a cutscene should trigger.

I didn't see the crack in the wall, so instead of destroying it, I jumped over the outer wall. After this the game correctly assumes that I left the HQ and triggers the next step on the quest (talk to Djikstra), but no cutscene is triggered. Instead, the quests sends the player again to the bathhouse, but Djikstra is nowhere to be found, preventing the quest to be finished.

I had to look for the "proper" way to finish the quest on youtube to learn what I did "wrong". If you go just outside the wall you are supposed to destroy, the cutscene will trigger and you are able to finish the quest.

Personally i just leave the cave to come back later , but the quest say i didn't follow djikstra and now i need to speak to him but nothing happen . That's the quest that block me . i can't go further into the main story line because of this :(

Personally i just leave the cave to come back later , but the quest say i didn't follow djikstra and now i need to speak to him but nothing happen . That's the quest that block me . i can't go further into the main story line because of this :(
same for me

I was doing the quest and went down into the hot tub but i couldn't find the potion he gave me so i left and thought i would do it later and i found the potion but when i went back to the bathhouse the secret entrance is closed and there is nothing that i can do to open it.

You can count this problem as resolved because I found the solution. You have to go to the outpost again and walk around the walls. It will trigger the cutscene and you will be gucci. The only problem is that you have to find the outpost first. Its on the right of the novigrad docks. I wish you all good luck and I hope this solves all of your problems.

Yeah, but thats the cause of the bug. People didnt break the wall. Instead they jumped over it and ran another way. If you go back to the place where you should have broken the wall. It triggers the quest. Atleast for me it did. Good luck.

Please help, i dont want to play the whole game again!!! This is a game breaking bug :( I have the same problem as one of the redditors: "So when Dijkstra showed me the troll under the bathhouse I told him I'll come back to start the quest.After some roaming I saw that the part "Follow Dijkstra" has failed,but it still says to return to him to start the quest.When I want to talk to him,there's no dialouge option to continue.I saved a lot,but I dont have one from before the problem and now even the secret passage is closed too."

Also having this issue and cannot progress the story further without a fix.

Steps to reproduce:
1) After being shown the creature under the bathhouse, tell Dijkstra you will meet him later
2) Leave the bathhouse completely and maybe continue on another quest
3) Return to the bathhouse

Notice the entrance to the basement is no longer there and speaking with Dijkstrain his Office has no dialog option to continue the quest.

Last edited:
Please add one more person to the list. I've spend 10+ hours on other quest. I don't want to do those all over again!
Please CD Project, just aknowledge that you have seen this problem being reported!

Top Bottom